Glencore Employee Review

Developing Work skills
Mangement Contracter Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bathurst, NB3 June 2017
I worked at the same mine for 38 plus years and worked myself up the ladder from labourer to Miner for the first 12 years and then went on to a management position from Frontline to Supervisor to Trainer to Schedular/planner to Contractor Coordinator.The last position was for 9 years .
I was responsible for deliverables such as Priority Mining to advising and following all best practices and most importantly . The Safety of the workers from a managers perspective .
Pros
Dependable Company with a good salary
Cons
Daily travel which was 2.5 hours per day

Other Glencore Employee Reviews

In general my piers were great and it was a good paying job
Smelter Operator (Former Employee) –  Ontario13 December 2018
I enjoyed going to work since I've really never had a job that I've hated. I worked 12 hour shifts (days & nights). Most job were clean jobs but others were very dirty. Zero HARM is very big at Glencore which was great since they really pushed safety. There's a lot of opportunity in training which I did take advantage of.
Pros
close to home
Cons
certain piers weren't very nice.
Organization with no culture
Senior Internal Auditor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 August 2018
Glencore is a trader driven company with very opaque decision making process. There is no career progression program thus growth and learning are very limited.
Pros
Cons
poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Glencore. Our community is ready to answer.