Glencore Management reviews

Organization with no culture
Senior Internal Auditor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 August 2018
Glencore is a trader driven company with very opaque decision making process. There is no career progression program thus growth and learning are very limited.
Pros
Cons
poor management
depressing atmosphere where no-one is very happy.
Millwright (Current Employee) –  Timmins, ON2 May 2018
used to be a good place to work but no longer. Still pays well ing but they are trying to get rid of people because they are closing in two to 4 years.
Pros
monthly bonus
Cons
a lot of selfish, uneducated people work there and corruption seems rampant.
Miner
Miner (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON23 January 2018
Great place to work with lots of enjoyable people. Management is knowledgeable and trustworthy. awesome schedule. Seem to be investing a lot of money in future projects
Great atmospher
Snr Service Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 January 2018
good employee atmosphere while working there. Top level management (regional IT manager) is a good person. There isn't much I can say about working there. This is a forced review which I'd rather not have to do with Indeed.com
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Long hours more than expected
one of the best jobs a person can have
transportation and logistics (Former Employee) –  Falconbridge, ON21 August 2017
management really cares. This is a place where you can advance in your career if you are a hard and honest worker. Overtime hours are available and Monday to Friday work week is stellar.
Pros
excellent wages and hours
Developing Work skills
Mangement Contracter Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bathurst, NB3 June 2017
I worked at the same mine for 38 plus years and worked myself up the ladder from labourer to Miner for the first 12 years and then went on to a management position from Frontline to Supervisor to Trainer to Schedular/planner to Contractor Coordinator.The last position was for 9 years .
I was responsible for deliverables such as Priority Mining to advising and following all best practices and most importantly . The Safety of the workers from a managers perspective .
Pros
Dependable Company with a good salary
Cons
Daily travel which was 2.5 hours per day
Productive and fun
Geologist (Current Employee) –  Rosh Pinan25 October 2016
I enjoy what I do at work, overall pleasant environment to work for.
My work involves technical and provide much opportunities to learn everyday. I enjoy working with management and my co-workers. The hardest part of my job is when following procedures and standards which I do not enjoy doing. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with the team and when everyone pulls in one direction.
Pros
Conducive environment
Cons
Minimum innovation
Comany seemed lost with no directon
Quality Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 January 2016
Worked from 05:45 to 15:30 every day and through the weekends when at site in Chad, Africa. The schedule at site in Chad was from 06:00 to 18:00 every day. Enjoyed the challenge when the company was Caracal and we started from a green field site to 2500 bbd in 18 months. We had a great team and we worked well together.
Pros
Hard work and long hours and great achievement
Cons
Management transition not well done
Contracts Lead
Contracts Lead, Supply Chain Department (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 February 2015
 Providing leadership and training to team members, participate in performance management and recruitment
 Development of Contracting Plans
 Preparation and management of Contracts, MSAs, and RFQs, Change Orders and Work Orders
 Collaborating with the Engineering and Project Management team to ensure all aspects of project is covered
 Negotiating with contractors and vendors re: terms and conditions / pricing and rates
 Managing contractor relationships (cradle to grave)
 Developing and implementing new templates, policies and procedures
 Liaise with in-country personnel to coordinate contract negotiations and agreements
Interesting
employee (Current Employee) –  Calgary AB5 December 2014
working here is interesting and confusing for the most part. There are no policies in place, they function complety backwards in the supply process. I find people unfriendly most days, this is very strange to me. Management does not acknowledge employees at all unless you are the pet. there is a lot of back stabbing and "he said she said". I dont like feeling like I am in high school.
Pros
wages
Cons
cold shoulders
My work.
EQUIPMENT OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Belledune NB26 March 2014
Busy day at work, how to operate machinery, management did their job and I did mine, I got alone wonderful with my co-workers.
Night shift was the hard part for me. Operating machinery, I loved driving the machinery and learning daily new things.
Pros
good people to work with
Cons
management changed hands to many times.
Challenging place to work at
Senior Planner (Current Employee) –  Belledune, NB15 February 2014
Normal work hours are 8-4
shift work is 12 hr days & nights
Dealing with Management is the hardest part of the day
Excellent co-workers
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
No vision