Gladiator Equipment Inc. Employee Reviews

Amazing Company to Work For
HR Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Leduc, AB19 September 2018
Gladiator is an amazing company to work for. The management team and office staff are super friendly, outgoing and easy to get along with. All the field teams are great as well. Great atmosphere. I highly recommend joining Gladiator Equipment!
Pros
Great Hours, Competitive Pay, Great Benefits
Fun, low stress position
HET (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB28 March 2018
What can i say about Gladiator..
The team I had the honor and privilege to work with was nothing short of amazing. I gained valuable experience and life long friends. Gladiator Equipment knows the importance of keeping the employees happy and have an open door policy which is, in my opinion, the reason there is such a low employee turn over with this company. The management team is spot on with employee morale and team building.No complaints, great place to work
Pros
Co-workers, management, foreman, really nice office staff, safety rewards
Cons
Travel away from home
Not a good place to work,filled with a bunch of hypocrites,who smiles with you at the same time planning your down fall.
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  BC18 March 2018
Wouldn't recommend anyone to work here.employees are pretenders who talks so badly of other behind there backs.they smile in your face as if everything is good and they are your pals.however they are planning for you or using you temporarily then they get rid of you.they tell lies and create fictionary stories then use those same stories to get you fired.
Pros
If you are desperate and need a temporary place to work.
Cons
Travelling, below standards pay.bad workers and foreman.
Poor management
HEt (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB28 January 2018
The management in this company is poor with zero chance of getting any better. Have seen them make their own rules to cheat people out of wages. Get everything in paper because their word is poor at best. Use this job as a stepping stone for something better.
Pros
Having a job
29 January 2018

The feedback from our employees is important to us, and we are concerned to hear comments like this. We apologize that you had a negative experience working for us. After an internal discussion, we thought of two situations where you might have felt "cheated" out of wages, and we wanted to address them both.

The first situation is that you were terminated within the first three probationary months of employment, which would have incurred the charges of your safety training for on-boarding. This possibility is clearly communicated to all prospective employees at the time of hiring because it is a standard, company-wide policy. The second situation is that you reached three months of employment and qualified for the first wage increase, but your rate was not immediately increased on that exact date. The reason for this is that our supervisors must personally meet with you and conduct a review, and the schedule of this meeting may not fall directly on the date of your third month of employment. In this situation, it is our company policy to back-pay the employee's wage increase to the correct date, and we communicate this directly to an employee that is expecting a wage increase.

Thank you for taking time to leave a review. We made some time to inspect our wage policies for any deficiencies, and as a result, we are confident that we are following the current labour laws of Alberta and that we are treating our employees respectfully.

Dont waste your time with this revolving door company
Heavy Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB21 November 2017
Management makes promises to get you there once there if you have questions or concerns ,They threaten you with dismissal treat you like a dime a dozen attitude would not recommend working for them at all , training at your own expense courses paid only ,not your time. Got let go for fabricated reasons , everyone is constantly looking for a better job revolving door company !!!!
Pros
Camp & service truck
Cons
No tools on trucks, only paid once on site not before or after leaving site. tvl to camp or pre trips told to, do pre trips on site . No paid lunches 11.5 hr days
1 December 2017

Thank you for your feedback, but we respectfully disagree. The on-boarding process is the same for everyone, and is laid out very clearly at the time of hiring. We cover the relevant training up-front, and only charge workers the expense if you leave, or are dismissed, within the 3-month probationary period. This is a company-wide standard.

Also, the maximum allowable hours worked per day is 12, with an unpaid 30 minute lunch break. This is our company standard because these are the labor laws in Alberta.

Professional & Respectful Management
Industrial Electrician (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB19 July 2017
I recently worked for Gladiator Equipment for just under a year as an Industrial Electrician. The hiring and onboarding process was shockingly quick, organized and effortless. Everything from the administrational new hire paper work, pre-employment D&A testing, to the delivery of my tools to site, site access, orientation, sizing of coveralls, required PPE and clear instructions on how to fill out daily timesheets, FLRA’s and required documents was seamless. Throughout my time with Gladiator I was treated with the utmost respect and professionalism from anyone and everyone within the organization. The current supervisor and operations manager are truly passionate about the future success of the company which was proven to me, time and time again in their overall treatment of employees and handling of general business matters. If you have the great opportunity to work for this organization and display a fraction of care towards Gladiator as the supervisors and management will towards you, your experience will be great. Although offered a number of jobs throughout my time at Gladiator, I was very reluctant to leave and turned down multiple offers due to the likelihood of finding these attributes in any company again would be slim to none.
Pros
Pay, Shift Schedule
Great Company To Work For
Heavy Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB29 May 2017
Had a great experience working for Gladiator Equipment. Competitive wages, helpful supervisors and friendly coworkers made the experience very enjoyable. Would highly recommend any HET looking for a job to work for Gladiator. They will treat you right!
Rewarding career
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB15 May 2017
I worked for Gladiator for the past year. Overall there are many really good people in the organization and I have made a number of great professional friends and acquaintances working here. I found daily that the job was challenging and rewarding. Got the possibility to learn new piece of equipment as part of my regular shift. Was given every opportunity and freedom to complete my work with very little supervision from my employer and was under the direct supervision of the client. Ounce the trust was establish between Gladiator and me, it was like a being part of a family, being more then just a number, being part of something bigger than me where people know your name and appreciate your work. Great climate to work in and the pay is good and so is the work life balance.I would definitively work their again.
Pros
Pay, benefits, work life balance, family business
11 December 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your experience with our company.

Great Employer
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB5 May 2017
After years of searching for employment that not only emotionally charged me but provided me with stability, starting at Gladiator Equipment was a breath of fresh air. The managers are constantly helping you and making sure you're on track, but they're not pushy, they genuinely enjoy you as a person and want to make sure you're performing to the best of your ability. The training/onboarding was top notch which allowed me the knowledge i required to do the job well, and monthly refresher touch-points which make all the difference. The benefits are amazing, and the pay is off the charts, especially in this economy. I highly recommend this company.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Long Hours
11 December 2017

Thank you very much for such a positive review. We sincerely appreciate the kind words.

Great Company
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB5 May 2017
Gladiator is a great place to work, everyone is really friendly and supportive of your growth and development.

Gladiator provides opportunities for growth not only within your jobsite but also allows you to move to other locations within the company if you wish. A number of staff have been with Gladiator for 10+ years, which speaks for itself that they enjoy their job and the company.

Salary and benefits are good, if you work hard you will get recognized and rewarded. They value work/life balance and encourage you to use your vacation time.

Current Leadership team is amazing and values staff and their contributions.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Long Hours
11 December 2017

Thank you for taking some time to review your experience of working with us.

The Best
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Leduc, AB21 April 2017
Excellent place to work, i could not be happier!

I always feel appreciated and respected. Gladiator pays better than most. I really like the companies core values which was expressed very genuinely in my interview. I think this company is heading on upward and i would like to continue to be apart of its growing success. I would recommend this company to anyone looking for long-term work with a great bunch of people.
Pros
Positive Environment
workplace was good
Heavy Duty Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB7 April 2017
working on different sites, good experience
Working on different equipment, excellent experience
Site management, good
very good
enjoyed troubleshooting-overhauls
having a good attitude and be team member
Cons
shift work
Good Pay Bad everything else
Heavy Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Leduc, AB7 April 2017
Worst management team ever.
Treat people like dollar signs not people.

Olav trav should be fired. he has no people skills and should not have a management position.
Pros
good pay.
Cons
back stabbing lying managers
Amazing Company!
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB7 April 2017
They are so far the best company I have ever worked for!
Great pay, lots of perks work hard play hard !

Room for new opportunity, growth etc

Supportive knowledgeable management, honestly a real career

Couldn't ask for a better place I Love it!
Pros
Cons
Cons If you are lazy you won't succeed you need to work hard for it to pay off
A great Canadian company
HET (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB6 April 2017
A lot of very nice people within this organization. Very positive work atmosphere and extremely good safety culture. Lots of room for movement internally. Wish I could have stayed with the company.
Pros
Work and personal life balance
Cons
Best Job, Best Atmosphere!!!!
Staff (Current Employee) –  Leduc, AB6 April 2017
Employee incentive programs in place with cash rewards
Gladiator safety rewards in redeemable company swag
Travel opportunities outside of Canada
Overall a classy organization
Pros
Co- Workers and Atmosphere
11 December 2017

We very much appreciate the excellent review, and are pleased to know that you're having a great experience working with us.

Great Company, Great Core Values
Welder (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB6 April 2017
Great place to work, with friendly and supportive management.Great technicians and co-workers. I would recommend this company to any looking to gain experience because the technical team is phenomenal. Tons of room for growth and advancement as the company is growing in size. .
Pros
Positive Enviroment
Cons
No LOA
Best Job, Best Atmosphere!!!!
Staff (Current Employee) –  Leduc, AB21 March 2017
Employee incentive programs in place with cash rewards
Gladiator safety rewards in redeemable company swag
Travel opportunities outside of Canada
Overall a classy organization
Pros
Co- Workers and Atmosphere
Cons
Great place to work with a positive work enviroment
Employee (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB13 March 2017
My experience working at Gladiator Equipment has been nothing but positive. My managers have been supportive and accommodating since the start of my employment and understand what it takes to build a great team. The HR and Payroll staff are always available and quick to respond to any questions I have brought forward. Overall I would recommend Gladiator to anyone who is looking for work.
Pros
Shift, Co-workers, Benefits
Cons
No camp
11 December 2017

Thank you very much for the positive review and recommendation. We sincerely appreciate your time and attention.

Work hard and you get rewarded.
Heavy Duty Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Leduc, AB10 March 2017
Very fair company, all they ask is for you to put in a good days work and they will take care of you. Great benifits and good pay, shop is well equipped and the work environment is great!
Pros
Good work environment.
Cons
Can be very fast paced at times.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gladiator Equipment Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Gladiator Equipment Inc. Reviews by Location