Gladiator Equipment Inc. Employee Reviews

Amazing Company to Work For
HR Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Leduc, AB19 September 2018
Gladiator is an amazing company to work for. The management team and office staff are super friendly, outgoing and easy to get along with. All the field teams are great as well. Great atmosphere. I highly recommend joining Gladiator Equipment!
Pros
Great Hours, Competitive Pay, Great Benefits
saved my life a couple times
Heavy Duty Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB12 February 2019
I have worked for gladiator a couple times and every time I did they put me to work immediately. They advocated for me to get on customers sites when I was in need of work. This helped me not only earn a good living but also work in some of the best shops in the oil sands. They have put me through all the ticket training I needed and placed me with some really great people whome I am still friends with to this day. Even when I had problems with a partner they made changes for me that made work enjoyable. Two weeks on and two weeks off has been a dream for my wife since I'm able to take her to Mexico for her family reunion and buy my newborn baby everything she needs PLUS spend weeks at a time hanging out with them.

IF YOUR ON THE FENCE about accepting their offer or applying...just do it. I have had more fun with these guys I work with than I have in a long time. I had left them in the past for bigger paying jobs only to be laid off a year later. I worked as a operations manager after that and was fighting for a company that in the end didint even end up paying my wages. These guys at gladitors management and office staff are so polite I feel terrible when I hand in something late, not to mention I could never see them not paying me what I'm owed.

It looks like there are some bad reviews here but I have never seen anything of the claimed. I'm not saying what some people are saying isn't true but if it is they have learned from it.

I have worked in almost every industry this trade has to offer and come across many personalities; gladiator is one of the best teams I've
  more... been apart of in industry. Your success if there success and it shows in how they manage you and others.

Give these people a shot, there too notch contracting company. Bring your tools and a good attitude and I might see you on site.
Pros
too many for this little writing box
Great Company
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB5 May 2017
Gladiator is a great place to work, everyone is really friendly and supportive of your growth and development.

Gladiator provides opportunities for growth not only within your jobsite but also allows you to move to other locations within the company if you wish. A number of staff have been with Gladiator for 10+ years, which speaks for itself that they enjoy their job and the company.

Salary and benefits are good, if you work hard you will get recognized and rewarded. They value work/life balance and encourage you to use your vacation time.

Current Leadership team is amazing and values staff and their contributions.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Long Hours
11 December 2017

Thank you for taking some time to review your experience of working with us.

Rewarding career
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB15 May 2017
I worked for Gladiator for the past year. Overall there are many really good people in the organization and I have made a number of great professional friends and acquaintances working here. I found daily that the job was challenging and rewarding. Got the possibility to learn new piece of equipment as part of my regular shift. Was given every opportunity and freedom to complete my work with very little supervision from my employer and was under the direct supervision of the client. Ounce the trust was establish between Gladiator and me, it was like a being part of a family, being more then just a number, being part of something bigger than me where people know your name and appreciate your work. Great climate to work in and the pay is good and so is the work life balance.I would definitively work their again.
Pros
Pay, benefits, work life balance, family business
11 December 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your experience with our company.

Great Employer
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB5 May 2017
After years of searching for employment that not only emotionally charged me but provided me with stability, starting at Gladiator Equipment was a breath of fresh air. The managers are constantly helping you and making sure you're on track, but they're not pushy, they genuinely enjoy you as a person and want to make sure you're performing to the best of your ability. The training/onboarding was top notch which allowed me the knowledge i required to do the job well, and monthly refresher touch-points which make all the difference. The benefits are amazing, and the pay is off the charts, especially in this economy. I highly recommend this company.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Long Hours
11 December 2017

Thank you very much for such a positive review. We sincerely appreciate the kind words.

Best Job, Best Atmosphere!!!!
Staff (Current Employee) –  Leduc, AB6 April 2017
Employee incentive programs in place with cash rewards
Gladiator safety rewards in redeemable company swag
Travel opportunities outside of Canada
Overall a classy organization
Pros
Co- Workers and Atmosphere
11 December 2017

We very much appreciate the excellent review, and are pleased to know that you're having a great experience working with us.

Best Job, Best Atmosphere!!!!
Staff (Current Employee) –  Leduc, AB21 March 2017
Employee incentive programs in place with cash rewards
Gladiator safety rewards in redeemable company swag
Travel opportunities outside of Canada
Overall a classy organization
Pros
Co- Workers and Atmosphere
Excellent Company!! 5 Star
mechanic (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB24 January 2017
I am presently employed by Gladiator and have been for years. The management and support staff is second to none. All issues are dealt with respectfully and in a timely fashion. This company has offered me and my co-workers lots of room for advancement as well as additional perks such as safety awards, recognized accomplishments and offered me a balanced family life. Gladiators team is always willing to work with me. I would highly recommend this company to any tradesperson seeking employment.
Pros
wages/benifits/timeoff/overall understanding of family time
Cons
working outside somtimes, but good winter clothing is supplied
Not a good place to work,filled with a bunch of hypocrites,who smiles with you at the same time planning your down fall.
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  BC18 March 2018
Wouldn't recommend anyone to work here.employees are pretenders who talks so badly of other behind there backs.they smile in your face as if everything is good and they are your pals.however they are planning for you or using you temporarily then they get rid of you.they tell lies and create fictionary stories then use those same stories to get you fired.
Pros
If you are desperate and need a temporary place to work.
Cons
Travelling, below standards pay.bad workers and foreman.
Decent Place
Field Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB25 January 2017
Through the last few tough years I think they have turned around some of the priorities of the company. They have introduced a new management team who has the workers interest at heart. They encourage communication even though people make errors they are very approachable to hear every side and to make things right where possible. Even though I heard a lot of companies had to take wage reductions to make up for the slow times I never occurred these such reductions and they continued to pay the health benefits. I have had the privileged of working for this company on a couple of occasions through the past 5 years on a site in Ft Mac and unfortunately I've had to leave due to family situations and they've always been more than understanding .
Pros
Wages, Benefits, Understanding Management
Cons
No camp no flights
Stepping stone company
Field Heavy equipment tech (Former Employee) –  fort McMurray3 June 2015
leduc management is terrible but the ft Mac area managers are the best kind but are being told what to do and say from Leduc.

Tools are adequate a true Mechanic can make do and still perform his job. Might not be snap on or Mac tools but hey I wouldn't be outfitting my service truck with mastercraft tools too especially when people don't care about losing them.

Best thing about the company is you get on the big oil sand sites and if you shine you make good friends in high places. It's Great for networking. Work for your own name and face. Not gladiators because Leduc office isn't going to help you out at all
Pros
decent money, camp jobs and fifo on certain sites, supplied tools on service truck. Blue cross benefits. Project and operation managers
Cons
GM in Leduc, no ot, on, Leduc management, No boot allowance or short term long term disability, hassle for time off
Fun, low stress position
HET (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB28 March 2018
What can i say about Gladiator..
The team I had the honor and privilege to work with was nothing short of amazing. I gained valuable experience and life long friends. Gladiator Equipment knows the importance of keeping the employees happy and have an open door policy which is, in my opinion, the reason there is such a low employee turn over with this company. The management team is spot on with employee morale and team building.No complaints, great place to work
Pros
Co-workers, management, foreman, really nice office staff, safety rewards
Cons
Travel away from home
Work hard and you get rewarded.
Heavy Duty Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Leduc, AB10 March 2017
Very fair company, all they ask is for you to put in a good days work and they will take care of you. Great benifits and good pay, shop is well equipped and the work environment is great!
Pros
Good work environment.
Cons
Can be very fast paced at times.
Great place to work with a positive work enviroment
Employee (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB13 March 2017
My experience working at Gladiator Equipment has been nothing but positive. My managers have been supportive and accommodating since the start of my employment and understand what it takes to build a great team. The HR and Payroll staff are always available and quick to respond to any questions I have brought forward. Overall I would recommend Gladiator to anyone who is looking for work.
Pros
Shift, Co-workers, Benefits
Cons
No camp
11 December 2017

Thank you very much for the positive review and recommendation. We sincerely appreciate your time and attention.

Poor management
HEt (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB28 January 2018
The management in this company is poor with zero chance of getting any better. Have seen them make their own rules to cheat people out of wages. Get everything in paper because their word is poor at best. Use this job as a stepping stone for something better.
Pros
Having a job
29 January 2018

The feedback from our employees is important to us, and we are concerned to hear comments like this. We apologize that you had a negative experience working for us. After an internal discussion, we thought of two situations where you might have felt "cheated" out of wages, and we wanted to address them both.

The first situation is that you were terminated within the first three probationary months of employment, which would have incurred the charges of your safety training for on-boarding. This possibility is clearly communicated to all prospective employees at the time of hiring because it is a standard, company-wide policy. The second situation is that you reached three months of employment and qualified for the first wage increase, but your rate was not immediately increased on that exact date. The reason for this is that our supervisors must personally meet with you and conduct a review, and the schedule of this meeting may not fall directly on the date of your third month of employment. In this situation, it is our company policy to back-pay the employee's wage increase to the correct date, and we communicate this directly to an employee that is expecting a wage increase.

Thank you for taking time to leave a review. We made some time to inspect our wage policies for any deficiencies, and as a result, we are confident that we are following the current labour laws of Alberta and that we are treating our employees respectfully.

Amazing Company!
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB7 April 2017
They are so far the best company I have ever worked for!
Great pay, lots of perks work hard play hard !

Room for new opportunity, growth etc

Supportive knowledgeable management, honestly a real career

Couldn't ask for a better place I Love it!
Pros
Cons
Cons If you are lazy you won't succeed you need to work hard for it to pay off
Dont waste your time with this revolving door company
Heavy Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB21 November 2017
Management makes promises to get you there once there if you have questions or concerns ,They threaten you with dismissal treat you like a dime a dozen attitude would not recommend working for them at all , training at your own expense courses paid only ,not your time. Got let go for fabricated reasons , everyone is constantly looking for a better job revolving door company !!!!
Pros
Camp & service truck
Cons
No tools on trucks, only paid once on site not before or after leaving site. tvl to camp or pre trips told to, do pre trips on site . No paid lunches 11.5 hr days
1 December 2017

Thank you for your feedback, but we respectfully disagree. The on-boarding process is the same for everyone, and is laid out very clearly at the time of hiring. We cover the relevant training up-front, and only charge workers the expense if you leave, or are dismissed, within the 3-month probationary period. This is a company-wide standard.

Also, the maximum allowable hours worked per day is 12, with an unpaid 30 minute lunch break. This is our company standard because these are the labor laws in Alberta.

Here for the Long Term
Welder (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB7 March 2017
Since joining Gladiator Team I have always felt well respected by both management and my coworkers. The management team always give as much notice as possible, and are honest when it comes to unforeseeable schedule/job changes that go along with working in this industry. The open line of communication makes me feel comfortable picking up the phone if I have an issues, questions or concerns. It provides me with a good work life balance for my family & I. Rate of pay is fair and have never had any issues with getting paid on time.
Great Company, Great Core Values
Welder (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB6 April 2017
Great place to work, with friendly and supportive management.Great technicians and co-workers. I would recommend this company to any looking to gain experience because the technical team is phenomenal. Tons of room for growth and advancement as the company is growing in size. .
Pros
Positive Enviroment
Cons
No LOA
Good Pay Bad everything else
Heavy Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Leduc, AB7 April 2017
Worst management team ever.
Treat people like dollar signs not people.

Olav trav should be fired. he has no people skills and should not have a management position.
Pros
good pay.
Cons
back stabbing lying managers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gladiator Equipment Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Gladiator Equipment Inc. Reviews by Location