Give & Go Prepared Foods Corp. Employee Reviews

productive place
Assistant A/R &A/P (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON14 March 2019
I appreciate my co-op experience for seven weeks in Give and Go .
The manager is very kind and helpful he encourages me and also all my colleagues. I learned a lot of things about Canadian accounting during this co-op as keyed credit notes, debit notes, bank reconciliations, doing offset cash Canadian and USD .
Pros
30 minutes
Cons
8 hours
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON13 March 2019
There is good work management besides this they have Co-operative staff who helps every worker with good manner. Apart from this, there is also Good Time Management.
It's pretty good compant
Work did in production and senitation. (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 February 2019
Good regulations all set. More they know each other like family I working right know in senitation it's a new experience after production. Staff is good helpful, superior are friendly.
Pros
Sometime
Cons
As if audit
Work Environment
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON29 January 2019
The work environment of a company is essential for professional growth, as this experience would be a part of who you become in the corporate platform.

Be careful when you accept a job from this company as it carries a fair bit of toxicity. There is absolutely no communication from management and the office politics makes you question everything. This company doesn't have teamwork and the concept of working together as a part of its expanding culture. Ironically though, nepotism and cronyism are quite evident.

All in all, it is a very impressive company, but it can do much better without the petty politics and judgment.

good place for a temporary start - not a place you can rely on to grow.
Pros
you get to learn a lot about yourself, and your values become clear. you learn to keep your cool with people, and learn how people manipulate.
Cons
thats for you to decide
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON19 December 2018
There is very polite staff and the thing that I like is the timetable management. The best thing about the company is that it gives more preference to the quality rather than quantity.
would never recommend it
Packer (Former Employee) –  Bolton, ON21 September 2018
Went for my first day, the team lead called me saying "HEY YOU... MAKE BOXES!"... Didnt even bother to ask for my name which I found really rude.
People there were miserable, and did not take the job seriously.
On my first day I witnessed 2 sets of arguments between coworkers

Everyone doesn't speak english they speak in their own language not including you into whats going on

It was waaaaay too hot... i got heat exhaustion and felt sick

had to stop for heath reasons
Pros
Cons
Everything i mentioned
Nice workplace
General Labour (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON2 September 2018
Good place to work but due to some problems, I need to find some other job because work over here is slow nowadays and it is also long distance for me
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Slow work
sometimes the supervisors and the aunties working in the line get anger
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON18 August 2018
i am still trying hard to co-operate with everyone, too much heat in the bakery, not so good management. The supervisor are not co-operative they all are loud and shout at people. Completely messed up place.
Pros
some people over there are good at nature
Cons
work is too fast and a lot of hea and there are no break pays
poor work environment
Quality inspector/ production line staff (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 August 2018
the working environment was poorly fashioned, making work more stressful and the management did not really put much effort into work life balance generally.
Pros
free random lunch
Cons
poor fashioned environment
toxic
Professional (Former Employee) –  TORONTO26 June 2018
It is one of the most poorly run and managed companies I have ever come across in my 10 year career. The management style is to bully and push, divide and. This style of management is not only promoted but also exercised extensively by senior level. Although, this style of management may have produced short term results in a bygone era; in today's modern workforce, it creates an extremely toxic and polluted working environment, which has completely demotivated the staff. This has led to an astronomically high turnover rate and a damaged corporate culture.
Cons
toxic place
A friendly work environment.
Order Picker / Driver (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON28 May 2018
A typical night in the freezer would be to pick our orders safely, and transport the orders safely to the dock. Orders are then to be inspected, tagged, re-counted and loaded onto trailers. I learned how to pick orders on Give & Go's 3 skid roller system and how to stock. I was introduced to a multi-cultural environment - that possessed respect and friendliness. The hardest part of my job was staying warm. And the most enjoyable part was that there was always work for me, and people were always there to listen.
Pros
Location, complimentary dinners/bbq's, benefits
Cons
Hourly wages could be a bit higher, and a raise to look forward to.
fun and good people
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON30 April 2018
it was a fun Workplace to be in, lots of good and fun people around. day usually goes fast because the people are so nice and the job is not too hard, just repetitive
Poor Management
Office Staff (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 March 2018
People not treated fairly. Most people are unhappy. From what i hear it was good to work for but since management change it makes it very unpleasant work place to work at.
Pros
People
Cons
Work enviorment not good, management
Good factory with nice employees
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON7 March 2018
In short nice company with great supervisors who understands you and I was a part time employee so I don't know about benifits and you will love to work here with nice and good working environment
well organized and safe working environment
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON4 February 2018
open and accepting environment. Although the work is fast the people and salary make up for it. I got learn communication skills and how to work effectively under pressure.
Overworked and underpaid
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 February 2018
I would have like to work there full time however the managers we're at times little too harsh which made the job a lot stressful than it should have been.
Pros
Cons
Overworked
a good one
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 February 2018
It was a good experienceto work as angeneral labourer here. It gave me a chane to show my time management skills and hard working skills too. The management was also good and always ready tohelp.
productive
General Labour (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON10 January 2018
The Give and Go company has good management who give friendly environment to worker. I learned many thing over there such as how to manage the different type of of work in proper way, cooperate with others.
funplace
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  6650 finch ave west18 December 2017
hmm too long from now to then I left job ..but ilovedit ..it wasn't first job ..they gave me acc to that time good pay & incentive & bonus too.some time they gave free bakery food for home too.
I liked the work a lot just not the hours.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON22 September 2017
I never had any experiences with this position before except for a walkie position for shoppers drug mart in 2010. I took on this job because I was at george brown taking a hvac course and I didn't feel like it was for me. I had a different idea as to what that kind of work hvac would be and it was somewhat different. My friend was an area lead hand at Give and Go and told me they needed an operator. Hardest part was the freezer environment and that was it. I was top ten in production in the company and really top five if you didn't count the put-away operators. We were the best pod in our company. We did work fast and got long breaks and lunches. Sometimes more than 2 hours worth of breaks and lunches just because no one worked like us.
Pros
long breaks
Cons
freezer environment. supervisor that didn't have knowledge of work and was not in tune with us.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Give & Go Prepared Foods Corp.. Our community is ready to answer.

Give & Go Prepared Foods Corp. Reviews by Location