Give & Go Prepared Foods Corp. Employee Reviews

toxic
Professional (Former Employee) –  TORONTO26 June 2018
It is one of the most poorly run and managed companies I have ever come across in my 10 year career. The management style is to bully and push, divide and. This style of management is not only promoted but also exercised extensively by senior level. Although, this style of management may have produced short term results in a bygone era; in today's modern workforce, it creates an extremely toxic and polluted working environment, which has completely demotivated the staff. This has led to an astronomically high turnover rate and a damaged corporate culture.
Cons
toxic place
A friendly work environment.
Order Picker / Driver (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON28 May 2018
A typical night in the freezer would be to pick our orders safely, and transport the orders safely to the dock. Orders are then to be inspected, tagged, re-counted and loaded onto trailers. I learned how to pick orders on Give & Go's 3 skid roller system and how to stock. I was introduced to a multi-cultural environment - that possessed respect and friendliness. The hardest part of my job was staying warm. And the most enjoyable part was that there was always work for me, and people were always there to listen.
Pros
Location, complimentary dinners/bbq's, benefits
Cons
Hourly wages could be a bit higher, and a raise to look forward to.
poor work environment
Quality inspector/ production line staff (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 August 2018
the working environment was poorly fashioned, making work more stressful and the management did not really put much effort into work life balance generally.
Pros
free random lunch
Cons
poor fashioned environment
sometimes the supervisors and the aunties working in the line get anger
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON18 August 2018
i am still trying hard to co-operate with everyone, too much heat in the bakery, not so good management. The supervisor are not co-operative they all are loud and shout at people. Completely messed up place.
Pros
some people over there are good at nature
Cons
work is too fast and a lot of hea and there are no break pays
would never recommend it
Packer (Former Employee) –  Bolton, ON21 September 2018
Went for my first day, the team lead called me saying "HEY YOU... MAKE BOXES!"... Didnt even bother to ask for my name which I found really rude.
People there were miserable, and did not take the job seriously.
On my first day I witnessed 2 sets of arguments between coworkers

Everyone doesn't speak english they speak in their own language not including you into whats going on

It was waaaaay too hot... i got heat exhaustion and felt sick

had to stop for heath reasons
Pros
Cons
Everything i mentioned
Nice workplace
General Labour (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON2 September 2018
Good place to work but due to some problems, I need to find some other job because work over here is slow nowadays and it is also long distance for me
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Slow work
Fast paced environment with opportunities to grow.
Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 July 2014
Give and Go is a large scale bakery company specializing in various kinds of bakery products. The Management is non-unionized. Work Culture is good, diverse and well mixing. The company is growing at fast pace, there is good opportunity to grow and learn.

HR Team is okay. However I found one of the HR to be less experienced and need to improve HR skills.

Quality Department is regulated in a strict manner. Rest of the team is good and supportive.

Work conditions are okay, sometimes exerted to meet business needs. Salary range is decent, Production area is good, fast paced and challenging to work with.

Recreation activities are organized by company such as Bowling meet, Barbecues, Christmas parties where everyone is invited.

Overall I had a decent time at GnG with few perks and bumps. I would rate it 3.8 out of 5.
Poor Management
Office Staff (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 March 2018
People not treated fairly. Most people are unhappy. From what i hear it was good to work for but since management change it makes it very unpleasant work place to work at.
Pros
People
Cons
Work enviorment not good, management
Good factory with nice employees
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON7 March 2018
In short nice company with great supervisors who understands you and I was a part time employee so I don't know about benifits and you will love to work here with nice and good working environment
well organized and safe working environment
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON4 February 2018
open and accepting environment. Although the work is fast the people and salary make up for it. I got learn communication skills and how to work effectively under pressure.
a good one
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 February 2018
It was a good experienceto work as angeneral labourer here. It gave me a chane to show my time management skills and hard working skills too. The management was also good and always ready tohelp.
productive
General Labour (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON10 January 2018
The Give and Go company has good management who give friendly environment to worker. I learned many thing over there such as how to manage the different type of of work in proper way, cooperate with others.
fun and good people
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON30 April 2018
it was a fun Workplace to be in, lots of good and fun people around. day usually goes fast because the people are so nice and the job is not too hard, just repetitive
I liked the work a lot just not the hours.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON22 September 2017
I never had any experiences with this position before except for a walkie position for shoppers drug mart in 2010. I took on this job because I was at george brown taking a hvac course and I didn't feel like it was for me. I had a different idea as to what that kind of work hvac would be and it was somewhat different. My friend was an area lead hand at Give and Go and told me they needed an operator. Hardest part was the freezer environment and that was it. I was top ten in production in the company and really top five if you didn't count the put-away operators. We were the best pod in our company. We did work fast and got long breaks and lunches. Sometimes more than 2 hours worth of breaks and lunches just because no one worked like us.
Pros
long breaks
Cons
freezer environment. supervisor that didn't have knowledge of work and was not in tune with us.
Treated Me Well
Cooking, Packing, Cutting (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON29 January 2017
- Nice
- Was Happy to come home early
- Learned how to cook different types of bakery foods (Cupcakes , cookies etc. )
- Neat place to work at
- Management was good
- Got to meet some new people
Pros
Free food (Cupcakes to take home)
Cons
No Benefits
Overworked and underpaid
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 February 2018
I would have like to work there full time however the managers we're at times little too harsh which made the job a lot stressful than it should have been.
Pros
Cons
Overworked
Fun at job
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON24 July 2017
I likes a good behaviour everyone and i like a very good job I would like a job like reception job I want to full time job. I have many skills I am very good worker according to my job
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No long hours
Bad management
Professional (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 August 2017
Lots of work, no appreciation from the management. Often scheduled a meeting close to the end of office hour - to force you working late or during lunch hour - so you can't take lunch. Bonus are just given to the upper management who are not doing most of the work.
funplace
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  6650 finch ave west18 December 2017
hmm too long from now to then I left job ..but ilovedit ..it wasn't first job ..they gave me acc to that time good pay & incentive & bonus too.some time they gave free bakery food for home too.
productive work place
Bakery warehoue (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 January 2017
Working at give and go was nice because I lived 10 mins away and was able to walk to and from work everyday. Working at give and go, there are a lot of Indians and I could hardly understand anything they said. The job gave me the experience of a habit to wake up early and prepare lunch for work.The hardest part of that job was communicating with most of the super visors and co workers because of the language they are fluent.
Pros
free snacks
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Give & Go Prepared Foods Corp.. Our community is ready to answer.

Give & Go Prepared Foods Corp. Reviews by Location