Girl Guides of Canada Employee Review

View all Girl Guides of Canada reviews

Girl Guides of Canada Job Review
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Courtice, ON16 April 2014
From when I first started volunteering with Girl Guides of Canada I was quite pleased on how they ran each session. When you first walked into the building it was very welcoming and it made you feel at home. On a regular base, the young girls would normally start off class by making a craft followed by their opening ceremony. Afterwards I would help assist the Brownie Leader by setting up games or other crafts or helping the girls earning their badges. After each session we would end the night by doing a closing ceremony. The sessions were every Wednesday for an hour and a half. In that time I would be able to accomplish many things that were assigned to me without wasting time. My co-workers (other volunteers) were also very friendly. They as well as the Brownie Leader made me feel like I was apart of their family. The hardest part of this was trying to keep 20+ seven to nine year olds under control all the time, however with training and knowing what to do, after the first few weeks it became way easier to handle them all. Everything that I put towards this volunteer work has benefited me greatly. It has opened my eyes to the world around me. This experience working with the 3rd Courtice Brownie Unit has helped me greatly when it comes to very young children. It has also helped me gain more knowledge and experience that I can help put towards a part-time job. Overall, I would recommend this work to anyone who loves children and 'being on their toes'.
Pros
Fast past & clean environment, working with children, friendly co-workers, on a schedual.
Cons
Honestly, there were no cons to this. I found it very enjoyable and fun to do every week.

Other Girl Guides of Canada Employee Reviews

it is an life time exsperions
Early Childhood Educator Student (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC5 April 2018
it helped to lerin skels with people. it gave us inportent skills for life . it gave me a sens in prid throuout the years. it made me how i am today susiety
Working with kids
Guide Leader (Current Employee) –  Vernon, BC30 March 2018
It's a volunteer position. It's good, people will help you out with what you need. And you get to travel and work with kids an teenagers. I'd definitely do it if you're looking to volunteer.