Girl Guides of Canada Employee Reviews

had fun
Girl Guide leader (Former Employee) –  ON17 March 2019
Lots of fun with Lots of politics of course. Dealing with many personalities can be challenging. If you take the red tape and stupidity of some of the adults out and just focus and enjoy your particular group its amazing. Can take over your life though depending how deep you go with your group. Long time ago though
Great Opportunities
contact guider (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON5 March 2019
Being a guide leader while being a teaching student helped my studies with hands on experience creating and following badge work lessons with the children.
This is a volunteer/participation organization
Member and Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 March 2019
I was a participant and volunteer, it is really what you make of it. You can travel and get great things out of it if you put in the commitment. Organization could be improved sometimes, but its otherwise alright.
Pros
Great exposure to the outdoors
Cons
Older participants are still treated like children some times.
Rewarding
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON29 January 2019
Girl Guides or Canada is a very rewarding organization as it allows you to develops your own personal skills, hobbies, and strengths, but allows you to help out your locals and really become a community
Positive work environment and great people
Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Haliburton, ON2 December 2018
I learned a lot from my Girl Guides of Canada this summer. The staff were very nice and welcoming. My bosses were very friendly and helped me understand every part of my job.
Pros
Lots of fun
relaxing
Girl Guide Leader (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 November 2018
once a week volunteering with a group of girls that just wanted to learn and have a good time. working with these girls made me more patient and understanding to different types of people.
Pros
getting to work with kids in such a positive environment
Cons
not having enough time to spend with the kids
Girl Guides
Leader (Current Employee) –  Leader, AB8 November 2018
girl guides is a volunteer opportunity that gives children a chance to learn new skills and make new friends in their community. My job as a leader allows me to plan programs that helps builds skills like Independence.
Pros
Working with kids
Cons
takes away from work
This is a volunteer position
GIRL GUIDE LEADER (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON5 October 2018
Girl guides of canada is a great organization. deffinately a place where friendships are made and are made to last. management seems to change programs every year which is soooo annoying and confussing.
fun
Junior Leader (Former Employee) –  Leader, SK27 September 2018
it was stimulating but also loud and obnoxious it takes a certain kind of person to work with that age u need lots of patience and balance that out with creativity
Resentful and passive aggressive environment
Contact guider (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 September 2018
I loved working with the kids here, but some of the other volunteers in the organisation made it impossible for me to love and volunteer there any longer. They don't really foster a sense of community that they advertise, it is a very passive aggressive environment.
Pros
Lots of wonderful times working with young girls
Cons
No support for contact guiders
Learned many new skills. I enjoyed working with the volunteers (Girl Guide leaders)
Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 August 2018
My experience working at Girl Guides of Canada (GGC) is positive. I've learned many new skills and enjoyed being part of a great team of ladies.

When I started working at GGC, I became a volunteer leader which I found very rewarding as I got to work with the girl members directly which was a tremendous amount of fun.
Pros
Great team to work with.
Cons
Stressful moments but this comes with every job.
Easy Fun work place
Junior Spark Leader (Current Employee) –  Leader, SK30 June 2018
This was a volunteer position girls are fun and nice to work with. I help run activity and crafts and help with easy pickup and drop off. Other leaders are nice.
Pros
experiences with kids
Cons
over protective parents some times
Its girl guides
Guide (Former Employee) –  Deep River, ON28 June 2018
Its a volunteer program to get girls to understand and figure things for them self's as well as how to focus on a task and accomplish the task a head of them
Fun environment
Volunteer and Community Work (Current Employee) –  Camrose, AB12 June 2018
Girl Guides is a completely Volunteer position that helps encourage young girls. The activities that the leaders plan are fun and educational in helping young girls become powerful and strong young women.
Pros
Makes many new frees
Great volunteer work with great children
21ST SPARKS LEADER (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 May 2018
Amazing volunteer work encouraging young girls, teaching the outdoors and useful skills. Great sense of fulfilment and community. The young girls were amazing and the fellow leaders were great with the children and to other leaders.
Leader
Patrol Leader (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 May 2018
Fun place to volunteer. If you like working with children this is the job for you. Lots of outings and camping. A great opportunity for you to work with with children in an environment outside of the norm
Fun place to work
Camp Counsellor (Former Employee) –  Sprucedale, ON25 April 2018
Working for Girl Guides was an amazing experience. I gained a lot of skills, and met a lot of wonderful people while working for this company. It was a secure, safe environment that I felt very comfortable working in.
it is an life time exsperions
Early Childhood Educator Student (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC5 April 2018
it helped to lerin skels with people. it gave us inportent skills for life . it gave me a sens in prid throuout the years. it made me how i am today susiety
Working with kids
Guide Leader (Current Employee) –  Vernon, BC30 March 2018
It's a volunteer position. It's good, people will help you out with what you need. And you get to travel and work with kids an teenagers. I'd definitely do it if you're looking to volunteer.
Fun way to get some volunteer experience
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON29 January 2018
It was a fun and easy way to get some volunteer experience. You only had to give up 1-3 hours every week and do one sleep over event. Working with the girls was a lot of fun.
Pros
Only giving up 3 hours per week
Cons
Clean up