Girl Guides of Canada

Girl Guides of Canada Employee Reviews

Canada75 reviews
I loved working with Girl Guides of Canada. The environment and culture were amazing and the people where great. For a non-profit organization the salary was fair. I would still be working there if it were not for Covid-19
Though you don't get paid money to be a girl guide, you get paid with experience, learning new things, how to be a team player, and so many more things! I have learned so much about being a leader and thinking outside of the box and I would highly recommend being a Girl Guide to any outgoing girls who aren't afraid to be a leader!
It's only an hour a week...
I volunteer here, there is no pay, but the experience is worth it. We need leaders more than ever these days- you can help inspire young girls in your community.
A great place to work. Everyone is collaborative, working towards a common goal. Risk taking is encouraged and ideas are heard. Management is very open to new ideas and ways of looking at things.
You get to work with children teaching and helping them to learn. It is a very rewarding place to be. You receive coaching, how to teach and are mentored through the program.

It is wonderful place to be and would recommend it highly to any female.
Working with Girl Guides of Canada continues to help me increase my leadership and creative ingenuity by working with young girls and providing them an empowering, safe,fun , interactive cooperative atmosphere where girls can learn to care for others, while helping to increase their own personal self-esteem and creating long lasting healthy relationships with peers. The most enjoyable part of this job is meeting new girls/woman and being a part of the "sisterhood" in guiding. The hardest part is sometimes learning the diversity of the leader-roles and learning effective communicative strategies along with other leaders to ensure a well balanced and fair role within a unit.
It’s a charitable organization so the pay is lacking but the atmosphere makes up for it. The people who work there are amazing and so helpful. The office is relaxed and the dress code is casual. We even went camping as a team one weekend left the office early to get to the campsite before dark.
Wonderful volunteer experience, where you get to help girls learn new and adventurous things. Helping girls challenge themselves and helping them to make the world a better place was extremely rewarding.
Duties included small maintenance tasks at the camp grounds. Preparing and running some events/activities. Preparing campers for the day and looking after the campers during the week. Lifeguarding with certification at the waterfront. Insuring campers were happy, healthy and safe during their stay. This was an overnight camp so staff lived onsite with the campers.
Great experience for girls of all ages. Learning how to craft, volunteer and help others was a highlight. I would recommend Girl Guides of Canada to anyone
Great volunteer organization for girls and adult women.
Giving girls the opportunity to try new things, make new friends, challenge themselves, make a difference in the world around them.
I was only a scout here, but I was always treated well by everyone. You learn many new things and contect with the community. Great place with great people
Girl Guides is a vital part of my life, I have spent over 12 years there. It is not a job, more of a scout group. We do many volunteer projects over the year, and sell cookies door to door semi-mounthly. I have even helped plan meetings, and the new girls in my Ranger group settle in and understand what Girl Guides is all about.
Working with the Girl Guides is a blast, provided you love hanging out with kids. It's fun to see the kids learn and grow, and it's unbelievably flattering when one decides that they like you. The most satisfying moment I had was teaching a little girl to tie her shoes, after which she looked at me with huge eyes, and said that she could now "help her family". A to-die-for moment.
That being said, don't do it for the salary. There isn't one.
It was volunteer work. I wasn't paid. But I learned how to be more independent and understand the meaning behind how important deadlines are. I was able to get a better understanding how the process behind things work.
Through guiding, I've met some of the most influential people in my life. I have built valuable friendships and experiences that could never be gained otherwise. I've spent 10 plus years in guiding and have learned so much every year.
During my time as a girl guide, I learnt a great deal about life, survival, and friendship. I made so many life long friends through the sisterhood. When i volunteered with the younger kids it was a lot of fun, we'd play and do activities that would later help them with jobs, relationships, and growing up as women
good for girls, helps teach new skills, requires too much of adults without being properly supported in areas.
Girl Guides of Canada has been apart of my life for over 10 years. I am a volunteer and apart of the program as a Ranger. Typical day during volunteering at a Girl Guide camp entails, station running, interaction with younger girls teaching them new skills through the crafts or events they take place in. The Management/Camp leaders are helpful, trust worthy, and caring individuals. Being apart of this organization has allowed me to establish new life skills and overall have incredible work environment.
Pros
Postive work environment, friendly people
Cons
- extensive volunteer activities throughout the community
- increased ability to share interest with women and girls

- community recognition and increased cooperation
Pros
increased amount of supportive individuals
Cons
prolonged volunteer activities
It is a wonderful program to be in, exposing you to many opportunities you cannot get anywhere. Through the GGC program I went to Scotland, received many rewards and I learned more about life than school has ever taught me.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Girl Guides of Canada. Our community is ready to answer.
4.4