Girl Guides of Canada Employee Reviews

it is an life time exsperions
Early Childhood Educator Student (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC5 April 2018
it helped to lerin skels with people. it gave us inportent skills for life . it gave me a sens in prid throuout the years. it made me how i am today susiety
Fun way to get some volunteer experience
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON29 January 2018
It was a fun and easy way to get some volunteer experience. You only had to give up 1-3 hours every week and do one sleep over event. Working with the girls was a lot of fun.
Pros
Only giving up 3 hours per week
Cons
Clean up
Volunteer work
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Oxford, ON24 January 2018
Great program for both children and leaders.
I've been in the program since i was only 8years old. being able to carry this through life. you learn so much.
Fun
Girl guides, pathfinders, rangers (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 November 2017
A typical day was going over plans and talking about things to do. I learned how to be responsible. There was nothing hard about it, everything i did there i enjoyed.
Lots of fun to be had!
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON18 October 2017
Teaching girls of all ages new & exciting projects, life skills such as being curious about learning about things like bugs & animals, the differences between them, their habitats, what they eat, etc.Went indoors camping with the girls in churches & girl guide head quarters. We sold cookies 2 times per year and raised money for camps, etc. We held pot luck dinners, taught and participated in arts, crafts & games.
Pros
had tons of fun with the kids.
Cons
way too expensive
fun volunteer job
Girl Guide Leader (Current Employee) –  Angus, ON17 October 2017
Girl Guides of Canada has been a fantastic adventure in my life. from being a camper when I was 6 to the present, where I am now a leader. It gives girls the opportunity to make new friends and gain many new, and necessary life skills.
Pros
working with children, fun games and learning opportunities, fantastic people
Cons
volunteer only, week long overnight camp
i didnt work there
Went door to door selling girl guide cookies (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC15 September 2017
i didn't work there i was a girl guide that loved to sell cookies and help others, i cleaned side roads or went camping when the time came around. It was nice.
lifelong sisterhood
VOLUNTEER EXPIERIENCE (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON3 August 2017
i was a part of girl guides for 13 years its an amazing group and honestly its an escape from the world when the camping opportunities turn up. you wont regret it.
Pros
great experiences, lifelong friends
Fun Activity
Member of Wolf Willow District (Former Employee) –  Ponoka, AB18 July 2017
Girl Guides was a great way to interact with people and bring you out of your comfort zone. I met many interesting people and found different ways of getting along with each and every one of them.
Was just a Volunteer
Event Assistant (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON19 June 2017
I was only a volunteer for the occasional event. They were fun, the kids seemed to enjoy them. The leaders always appreciated the extra help. Was easy considering they didn't know technology like i do.
Fun and enjoyable, depending on your group (leaders)
Junior Leader (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON29 May 2017
I have found that as the years progress Girl Guides of Canada only continues to gain more and more conflict and drama from corporate. It's ridiculous. I don't see how the head(s) of Girl Guides of Canada can allow for a great, simple organization to turn into so much drama and backlash. If you really want to make a great program for girl and young ladies to grow up with, maybe a little less politics and a little more focus on the girls that are CHOOSING to spend their time and energy with this organization and not starting on of their own. Overall, it's a great program and I owe a lot of the person that I became to it, but it's not the same anymore.
Pros
Friendship and relevant, wholesome discussions
Cons
Organization Politics
Respectful
volunteer (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON17 May 2017
I love being a leader. I just need more practise in certain areas. Like crafts and camping skills but it's hard because i have to rely on others to give me a ride home usually.
Fun environment and welcoming.
Camp Counsellor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 April 2017
This was a positive job experience, where work was fun and enjoyable. However planning did go into making sure the kids were having the best time. It was such a rewarding summer job.
Amazing volunteer opportunity for anyone looking to gain valuable life skills and experience
Junior Leader (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 December 2016
Fantastic opportunity for any woman or girl looking to gain sales experience or valuable life skills working in the outdoors and with children, as well as girls and women your own age. Overall amazing experience for all women.
Life learning lessons
Community Volunteer (Former Employee) –  British Columbia14 July 2016
I enjoyed working with my peers and the community while having the opportunity to grow and learn as an individual. My time spent in Girl Guides was beneficial as I learned life skills, conflict resolution and organization.
Excellent Organization for young girls and women!
VOLUNTEER (Current Employee) –  anywhere30 May 2016
Girl Guides of Canada is a volunteer organization that has partners all over the world! With it I have gone to Mexico, and another group in my district is planning a trip to London and Paris. Even more importantly, this organization helped me to build confidence as a young girl and to learn things like knots or how to light a fire without matches or paper. So I would highly recommend becoming a leader or sending your daughters because without Girl Guides I would not be who I am today.
Pros
training opportunities that count as work experience
awesome placce
N/A (Former Employee) –  Port Credit, ON17 May 2016
I loved volenteering witrh the girl guides. it was so much fun helping plan stuff for the younger girl guides to do and it was just a lot of fun
Fun
VOLUNTEER (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 June 2015
Working with the girls to help them improve themselves is an incredible experience. Planning for the year is interesting trying to balance every girls different needs but it is all worth it in the end to see the smile on their faces every week.
Leader
Volunteer - Leader of 54th Sparks (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 September 2014
I loved working with the girls. The most rewarding part was watching as they accomplished tasks that were new to them.
very fun
Girl Guides of Canada (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC18 July 2014
Amazing organization with incredible programs and a wonderful place to meet new energetic youths.
Pros
free program