GIGG EXPRESS INC Employee Reviews

Truck Driver - Class 1 (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 July 2019
There the equipments I was working with was great. The management was very friendly like dispatch. Everybody treated each other with respect and prosperity. I would be happy recommend anyone to work there.
bad owners
AZ Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 June 2019
owners are very rude and bossy, they act unprofessionally .
dispatchers are nor bad but because of their bosses you can see they are under constant pressure
Pros
bad owners
Cons
Not good management and they blackmail people
Company driver (Current Employee) –  Mississauga16 May 2019
Lowest pay in the whole trucking industry for company drivers 25 cents /mile
Company drivers harrassed and blackmailed for not switching the trailers by the company
Told us to come back in the middle of the trip if we do not switch our trip with another one and they would not give us work and give us hard time for not doing as they asked
Great Team Work
Safety Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 May 2019
Great Company to work with. Always Safety First.
Very friendly environment and always give opportunities to new people in the industry.
Driver Training is very knowledgeable.
A good company to work with.
Manager Safety and Compliance (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 March 2019
A good company to work with. Has grown from 50 to 500 truck company from 2013 to 2019, the period I managed their safety n compliance department. Excellent work conditions.
Rude and mean management and HR
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 January 2019
No knowledge of how to treat employees. If you would like to be a slave !! please join !! Do not waste your time working here if you do not want extra stress in your life.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, rude management, arrogant and dumb co workers
Worst job I ever had- avoid at all costs
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 January 2019
Management is extremely incompetent. Avoid at all costs. Management is rude, micromanage, it’s as if they try to make you hate working there.

Hard work and determination gets you no where.

Good luck. It’s a revolving door for a reason.
Pros
Can’t thjnk of anything
Cons
Harassment, micromanage, rude, horrible
Very nice company to work for
Tractor-Trailer driver (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 October 2018
GIGG EXPRESS provides a good balance between work and daily life activities , competitive pay packages, daily home schedule and should improve their management policies.
Pros
Free critical illness insurance
very productive
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 March 2018
Very good place to work. Nice environment. I have learnt alot. Supportive staff. Cooperative environment. I have learnt quickly with the help of the people around me. I enjoyed working over there. Less stress and good amount of work.
Pros
quickly learnt by supporting and cooperating with me
Cons
pushing me to do the work by myself which is good in a sense to learn quickly.
Driving
Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  5355 creekbank road Mississauga ,ON27 February 2018
Typically, If I say work was just driving and some were making Pizzas as other were just in lines.
But every task did with proper confidence if anyone targets me, Might be he is wrong
Even though All was perfect...
Do not apply
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 October 2017
Unprofessional supervisor and number of team leaders with aggressive attitude and inaccurate info.I don't recommend this company as future endeavor.
Low salary, no raises, no commissions, bad workplace culture with a extremely high turn over feels like a revolving door.
The lunch room is disgusting
Pros
Survival job
Cons
Bad Supervisor and leader in dispatching area

Comment – 30 October 2017

The customer service department is not professional. Managers did not provide employees with the tools and training to do the job.....

amazing company to work for
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 August 2017
I have been employed with Gigg for a year but unfortunately had to leave due to family emergency. They notice people that work hard, if you are lazy you will be given multiple chances to improve but you will be let go if they do not see improvements.

If you are a hard working individual, defiantly recommend because they will train you and you will paid fair (industry rate) but if you go to work to make friends and chat all the time this place is not for you.
Pros
gain transportation experience
Cons
high volume
A Mess
CSR (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 May 2017
Dispatch is rude,hard to work with. Management is terrible. Lunch room is disgusting, very dirty. Lots of empty promises. No structure, and hopefully you speak Punjabi because no one speaks English
Productive and fun workplace
AZ Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 April 2017
Very good company to get long route work from Brampton to United State, unload and load material, regular work. Very good management and I enjoyed working here but interested in local work.
Disorganized Mess
Customer Service Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 March 2017
Overall friendly and helpful colleagues.
Not a very professional atmosphere or company.
Management too concerned about writing people up on everything and anything however no actions ever taken.
Horrible internal communication.
Lies over lies and wasting lots of hours
Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 March 2017
Worked here for 1.5yrs, at first it was great but then changed the dispatchers and so did our loads and routes. I used to get upto 4000miles per week and every few months it got cut all the way to 2000miles week. Now I heard they are pushing drivers over time, wasting their time in Ontario by forcing them to do deliveries in GM and not paying them wait time or delivery/PU money. safety/owners are great but dispatchers ruined the company and the experience with the company.
Pros
they have loads but dispatchers suck
Cons
Lots of wait, PU/Delivery not paid, force over hours, lies from beginning to the end of trip
Not a fun place to work for everyone is so pushy
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON22 February 2017
Not a good place to work for they say they'll give u something and they never do so don't ask for anything cuz they won't give it to u they'll find a reason not to and not enough time to do ur job and they complain about it well I said give me more hours and the job will get done and they never did ps at 1st they make u feel welcomed that's just the 1st week and the rest is history
Pros
Lot of down time
Cons
Not enough hours to work with
productive
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Bolton, ON8 February 2017
friendly staff
good dispatch
big trailer yard by the site
better communication
friendly environment
located near all main highways around GTA
good salary
Waiting extra pickups deliveries no pay
Long Haul Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 July 2016
I have worked in trucking industry for some time. Gigg express will make you work like slaves. They tell their work is often autoparts but it is a lie. It is worse than open board. Dispatchers always tell you something else but then you realize they lied and you end up waiting overnight, delivering trailers in texas, working local here when you are highway driver.
No overnigjt paid
Pros
Free pickups and delievries
Cons
Waiting waiting
Poductive and Fun Work Environment
Senior HR and Payroll Manager (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON22 July 2015
A Typical day Is very hectic , always dealing with employee related issues, monitoring time and attendance.

I have learned what it takes to be the best HR Manager and how to maintain to manage a company effectively, I've learned how to apply everything thing relates to a federally regulated Company.

I enjoy working with my coworkers , as a team we accomplish all tasks in a timely matter

There a re new challenges everyday , I have to take it one day at a time , and I will get through it.

I love making people happy, I love when the company is running smoothly.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GIGG EXPRESS INC. Our community is ready to answer.

GIGG EXPRESS INC Reviews by Location