GiftCash

GiftCash Employee Reviews

Working here as a purchaser has been great. Challenging enough for me to feel like I am contributing to a growing company but not too stressful. They’ve been very helpful through the training process and I feel confident in my daily tasks. It’s been a great life and job experience in general. I still work part time with them because I really enjoy the work and people!
Pros
Great training, fun to be apart of a growing company
Cons
N/a
Working at a fairly new company like GiftCash was incredibly rewarding and everyday was exciting out on the road. I have to say first and foremost, the people that work at GiftCash are all nice, relaxed, and understanding. It was a joy to go in to work each day which is saying a lot because I have worked at many places where I dreaded going into work. The second thing is the pay. If you work as a Purchaser here, you are getting paid very well and the days fly by. Purchasers basically go into various retail stores and buy up lots of product using gift cards. The whole premise of the company is they buy unwanted gift cards off of customers and pay them back cash. It's a really unique idea. I would recommend this job to anyone looking for a very unique, enjoyable 9-5, Monday-Friday job. Again, the wages are competitive and the culture of the workplace is very relaxed but at the same time they obviously expect you to work hard. I have absolutely zero complaints about my time at Giftcash and would still be there if it wasn't for another opportunity presenting itself.
Pros
Spend the day driving, Days go by quick, Friendly and Inviting atmosphere
Cons
Sometimes run out of space, Interview process is long and tedious but not hard
If you like each day being different, and doing something that most companies are not doing, than GiftCash could be for you. I had never even herd that such a place like this even existed: Buying up your existing gift cards and turning them into cash for you? It is a very new idea with lots of fresh young minds hard at work. From me, someone who has worked in many industries, no one here yells, no one here harasses anyone else. Its a new company with with a very bright future. I have certainly enjoyed my time at Giftcash, which to be quite honest is alot more than I can say for a number of companies I have worked for.
Pros
every day is different, new surprises, new locations
Cons
space is always an issue
It is a fun and satisfying place to work, but can be very stressful and frustrating at times because things are often not communicated well enough and it hurts the entire team. However, it is a relatively new company staffed with people who are constantly improving and striving to figure out what works/doesn't work and improve upon past mistakes and transgressions. Through the ups and downs, overall it feels good to be apart of this team and apart of an up and coming business.
Pros
Company outings, friendly staff, well meaning and understanding owner
This was a great place to work as a co-op student and I learned a lot. The management is welcoming and encouraging and the staff is filled with smart, kind, and wonderful people.
GiftCash is a currently growing company which is leading it to currently be in a time of transition. This leads to a challenging work environment that may not be suitable for all, however those who like to work hard and be challenged will enjoy enjoy it.
Pros
Fun and Motivating Team with Managers who Encourage Growth
Cons
Hours can be long, and management needs improvement
Working at GiftCash has been an overall great experience. From a management standpoint the key is understanding the strengths and weaknesses of the team. The small family environment here helps create a positive setting for our team. I believe many of us enjoy our work with the company. Pros: - Family like environment - Positive atmosphere - Understanding and open minded team - Face paced exciting startup that provides longterm opportunities for employees Cons: - Management practices could improve - Clearer outline of roles, priorities and responsibilities although can understand as a startup things are always changing and multiple roles may be assigned to employees
Working at GiftCash is great because of the positive work environment and the people who work there. GiftCash is improving but still needs to work on management strategies to have the work flow be as effective as possible.
Pros
Fun and positive culture
Cons
Management requires better structure
Working at giftcash was a unique and interesting experience. Extremely generous and friendly management that have fostered a nuturing workplace environment. Was able to develop several skills having the opportunity to be apart of several projects on the jo.
Pros
Small team, very generous and fun management
Cons
None i can think of at all!