Giant Tiger Employee Reviews

Productive Work Enivorment
Cashier, Tickets Items, Back Store Work (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 May 2018
Working Day To Day At Giant Tiger Was A Enjoyable Work Environment My Co-Workers Were Nice , I Learned Ticketing Items, Stocking Items, Lotto & Tobacco Customer Service . Management Was Great.
Micromanagement, lack of trust/respect in employees, mentally draining lying co-worker(s).
Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  London, ON21 May 2018
Are you someone who loves being micromanaged? Or perhaps you thoroughly enjoy your fellow co-worker constantly going behind your back to make up stories of your work ethic when they're the ones who walk around doing nothing while you serve all the customers....and have management take their side over yours? Then apply at Giant Tiger, today.
Fun, Joyful, Relaxed.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB21 May 2018
Everyone gets along like some best friends. You feel good about your job because the prices are fair so you dont feel like you're ripping off the customers. Not to mention you get a great discount and its a Canadian company!
A lovely lunch room was available to us. With everything that we would need to prepare or heat our lunch
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON18 May 2018
I liked working at Giant Tiger!. As cashier I loved meeting the people who some of which I became friends. Many of the customers would only come through my till as I was always interested in knowing how they were. This did not affect my work. I can work fast and still chat. Giant Tiger has times when it is extremely busy. When they are all employees in the store are trained to do cash. So when they were needed to help us they came up and chipped in. A wonderful idea to help take care of customers quickly so they can go home or on with their days.
The owner was a very nice man, always pleasant and acknowledged us as employees.
I would say the hardest part of the job (which did no affect me) was when it was extremely busy. As everywhere in cities people tent to come in at various times and many at one time. It was our job as cashiers to cash them out with a friendly smile and word and send them off with a smile.
Most enjoyable: I love meeting people!
Pros
Marvellous lunch room
Cons
No cons that I can think of
Great job to work, great environment.
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 May 2018
Giant Tiger was a great place to work. I knew exactly what to do, once I learnt my job. I was a grocery department shelf stocker. I could come to work and start the second I got there.
Busy Department Store with Mediocre Management
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON14 May 2018
Giant Tiger pays minimum wage to its workers. The store is kept clean on a regular basis. Most customers are happy. The store owners are the top managers which makes them only care about the store's profits.
Pros
Paid 15 Minute breaks daily
Giant Tiger Head Office
Buying Operations Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON11 May 2018
Very stressful. Need to work well independently with minimal amount of training. The team you work with is great. Always changing environment. Not a lot of supervision.
Pros
The benefits
Cons
Very stressful
Great company to work for.
Salesfloor Associate (Current Employee) –  Cornwall, ON9 May 2018
Giant Tiger offers many opportunities and tools for advancement. The company thrives on building and maintaining positive relationships with new and existing customers.
I provided exceptional customer service to customers.
Head Cashier, Grocery Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB7 May 2018
I would usually get to work and put away all the stock in a timely manner, help others when I had time. I would help with customers locaating certain items. I had lots of fun here as the customers were friendly and so were my team members.
why i loved my job?
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB5 May 2018
i loved this job because it was always busy and i need to be busy at work, i need to be getting things done to see what i have done. i got to work with many of my friends and got all mu jobs well done!
Pros
my friends were there
Cons
only 30min lunches
Great company
Back up head cashier (Current Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE29 April 2018
At work everyone greets me with a smile and makes sure im doing ok. My boss is flexible with my busy schedule and helps with anything I need. The company is great especially when they bring in people to make sure i'm happy with my job. This is the first company ive worked for that i feel valued and appreciated at.
Good job for someone who thinks
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kirkland Lake, ON26 April 2018
This is possibly the most enjoyable job I've had in my teenage years. The people were nice, and helpful, it was easy to get extra hours (extra cash!), and the job had enough variation to keep me not bored.
high production and new skills learning
Grocery Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 April 2018
Fast paced retail industry
new learning every day
sometimes lot of work in management but enjoys that
Always willing to help customers at the best of the ability
fun place to woek
Cashier and customer service associate (Current Employee) –  Brandon, MB20 April 2018
I learned a lot from giant tiger its a awesome place to work and the most enjoyable part of the place is their Christmas party. people are awesome and loving caring
Gt
Caissière (Former Employee) –  Grand Falls, NB20 April 2018
Typical day at work is either slow or extremely busy, there is no inbetween. On shift supervisors are great, they're all so friendly along with your coworker. the hardest part of the job (or should i say most annoying) is having customers swear at you and get mad at you for no reason at all. the most enjoyable part of the job is the laughs you have with your coworkers
Great Place to work
cashier on a daily basis (Current Employee) –  Hanover, ON8 April 2018
Worked as a cashier. The job itself is easy and not very challenging. I love working in Customer service and really enjoyed meeting new people everyday. There are not a lot of hours though. It is a good part- time job
Meh
RECEIVING MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Weyburn, SK7 April 2018
Working here is very tricky, when you first get hired they are very friendly and fake to your face. After you three month probation passes they turn on you and basically force you to quit.
Pros
Cons
everything
working in a store as stock person
clothing department (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, ON5 April 2018
typical day is going in to stock shelves and making sure everything it tagged right and in the right order. making sure store looks good for every one that comes to shop hardest part of job is dealing with rude people
good
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 March 2018
did this as a school thing to learn about the work force
good place to learn a little about the work force , good place for your first job. good schedule
Poor Management
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON15 March 2018
Management is poor, a typical day at work was listening to the manager`s wife gossip about other`s. The manager had a few favourite`s and they are the one`s who advanced, the one`s trying to get somewhere were overlooked because they were over the age of 25. It was a very unfair place to work, cashier`s walked around doing nothing while other`s were at the till constantly serving lineups. Some days were obviously better than other`s and when the right staff were in the days were fine.
Pros
It was a job.
Cons
It was a get no where kind of job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Giant Tiger. Our community is ready to answer.