Giant Tiger Employee Reviews

It was a fun place to work in but it did not have a very “welcoming” vibe to it.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Canada14 March 2019
Giant tiger was a very fun place to work in. at the beginning it seemed like i would love to be here for a while but as time went by, i started to see the little things that made me want to relocate. but overall, giant tiger has taught me a lot about teamwork and customer satisfaction.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
short breaks
Work enviroment and Employee turnover
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON2 March 2019
While I did learn a lot about the in and outs of a groccery store and sales, the work enviroment was not so good with an over bearing owner who would berate employees for even a small mistake. New employee were hired weekly due to this. The work day was stressfull but all together made me more able to deal with pressure. Management was always skilled and already had many years of experience under there belt and were ready to teach new employees.
Pros
Well furnished lunchroom
Cons
Stressfull work envroment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Gravenhurst, ON27 February 2019
Teaches you all safety procedures, daily safety meetings. Makes you feel like a team. Great discounts on products through out the store. Managers are really understanding.
Pros
Fun, Job security
great job amazing people
floor cashier stock merch proc (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON13 February 2019
the work was really good everyone there was a great person, people are always willing to help, the manager is a great guy with a big heart, the assistant manager could be a little more professional but overall great job.
Pros
paid breaks
Cons
unclear scheduleing
Giant tiger team is amazing
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON12 February 2019
A great work environment and encouraging staff. My first job was very welcoming and I enjoyed working with many people as years went by. I had trouble dealing with so many customers and social stress can be an issue exspecially in the Christmas rush
Pros
Paid uniform, employee discount
Cons
Fast paced and high social traffic
facile
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON11 February 2019
le travail est simple il ya pas bcp de travail a faire
A good work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kirkland Lake, ON10 February 2019
Through my hometown's Giant Tiger, I got to experience being both a cashier and sales associate. As the duty of a main cashier I was assigned very important duties such as handing tobacco and lottery, stocking and facing anything nearby that was needed to be done. We would as well, when not busy, be hanging any returns, filling the slushies or completing reclamation slips. Sometimes they would allow some cashiers to go into the back and assist with stock(making you kinda like a sales associate too).The days can feel so long and some so small.

You may have the really rough moments like being so exhausted after the hours you had worked or even a rough day with some customers and even your personal life situations. But they definitely do have moments that make the bad into pleasant ones. Like associates to laugh with, say you did a good job and support you through your worst, or that mysterious person who leaves a tip as a piece of candy, and the people who remember your face like you remember theirs.

In conclusion, I recommend this job to anyone willing to make a learning experience out of a job.It had taught me so much about patience and speed, responsibility, and how to make a customer or team member's day more pleasant.They give you lots of hours if you're looking for a full time job and still a decent amount for students.

P.s.The pros and cons are all neutral in my opinion
Pros
Great associates, friendly customers, learning field, active job, benefits, many hours given
Cons
Long hours, standing at a cash for a long while, extremely busy(at times) and difficult customers
Terrible place to work
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wetaskiwin, AB9 February 2019
The managment is horrible. I was harassed for over 2 years and nothing was done. The work environment Is stressful. Staff is not friendly. I would never work for this company again.
Pros
Cons
Stressful enviorment bad managment
Gained Significant Experience in Warehousing
Shipper, Receiver, Forklift Operator, Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 February 2019
Great Place to Work. Gained so much experience related to warehousing and its surrounding industries. Great Management staff, supervisors and team leads were very helpful and knowledgeable. Cross-training in different positions. There was lots of overtime availed.
Overall decent place to work
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON5 February 2019
Enjoyed working at Giant Tiger. I helped setup the new store, located in Tecumseh mall. After store was setup, I worked as a grocery clerk, stocking shelves.
Friendly company
sale's associate (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON4 February 2019
People are professionals and friendly...It is a good place to work. I can choose my work time. They help me conciliate school and work and I appreciate that.
good work place
PICKER/PACKER (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON3 February 2019
good pace and nice people to work with and lots to learn and easy paper work and get to learn to drive a fork lift and get your license fair shifts and free hot chocolate
Pros
free warm drinks and pool table
Cons
freezer work to cold for me
Retail Clerk / Inventory Control (Former Employee) –  Renfrew, ON30 January 2019
The place is a good place to work. The staff are knowledgeable and frienldy, always willing to help you out. The pay isn't the best, but not many retail places are.
Pros
good people
Cons
low pay.
Cashier/ Customer Service
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fonthill, ON28 January 2019
Assiting customers with merchandise and maintain visual standards in the store, Assisting customers with returns, lottery tobacco and fashion. Everyone always had a smile on their face.
Positive workplace and great staff
Key Holder/Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON25 January 2019
Giant Tiger is a great workplace with friendly staff and a positive environment. Vey flexible hours are provided, and benefits are good. Management is great to work with and is very understandable. Overall, a great place to work in!
getting to know regular customers by name and having a great rapport with them
Fashion Associate (Current Employee) –  Fergus, ON24 January 2019
seeing regular customers

co-workers who like to do puns that make you laugh

merchandising the walls with new items that come in

hardest part is standing on your feet all day
Pros
One hour lunches and discount on everything
Cons
discounts, pretty much shop daily....
Fun Work Environment
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Port Hawkesbury, NS23 January 2019
I enjoyed working there most days.
The management were friendly and I felt open to talk to them about anything. Staff were always nice and helpful when I needed it.
fun workplace
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 January 2019
• Packaged and unpack-aged items
• Load and unload trucks for delivers
• Maintained warehouse safety
• Stocked shelves and interacted with customers
benefits
Cons
not enough hours
was a reasonably enjoyable workplace
SALES CLERK (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON11 January 2019
managers delegated our daily activities and did not ask for our input or ideas and did not show much appreciation for our hard work.

typical day would be helping customers find what they are looking for and assist them with fitting rooms.
company that truly values their employees
Human Resources and Payroll associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 January 2019
This is an organization that takes excellent care of their staff - great work/life balance. They make every effort to create a positive impact on the people who shop at the stores.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Giant Tiger. Our community is ready to answer.