Giant Tiger

Giant Tiger Employee Reviews

Canada706 reviews
You need to learn quick and move quick, always learning new things.
Management plays favorites with staff, kiss butt your more likely to get the days off you want. One of the few places that offer full time staff benefits but its not worth the stress. Underpaid for the amount of responsibiiles some staff receive.
Pros
Hour lunch, full time staff get benefits
Cons
Favortism with management
I have worked in 3 different Giant tigers and I loved the the staff and management at all 3 stores. Reason for leaving is that I moved out of the areas.
Pros
Great staff and bosses.
Cons
Was a little stressful around the holidays.
Terrible place to work, never been treated so poorly at a job site. And blamed for things I didn't even do. Stay away if you like sanity!! Management is a poor excuse for air takers.
Pros
I worked with GT for a couple years and the management could honestly not care less for their staff. They would belittle them and call them down to their absolute lowest in front of their coworkers and also customers. You felt like anything you did for them wasn't enough and they would talk behind your back constantly. There needs to be improved training for management instead of them treating their staff like the dirt on their shoe.
Pros
Made some good friends
Cons
The people I worked with there amazing and other than the owners it was a good place to work.

You won’t get to pick your hours even if you were hired as full time or part time

You will be doing other people’s work including your own and be expected to finish by the night
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Pay, owners, hours, culture
A typical day at work at Giant Tiger was for the most part, a very easy-going, calm yet fast working environment. Everyone there is so friendly and welcoming! I did not learn much from this job, because I previously worked as a cashier before this position. The job was typically very easy with an average salary. Management was good, but gave me a hard time once when calling off while I had a throat infection.
The coworkers are friendly at times and fun to work in the summer but depending on which department you receive may raise the stress levels. Its a nice to work if you are done school.
Would not recommend this warehouse job to anyone, management, supervisors and team leads love abusing their power and are sarcastic and rude for no reason, absolutely no chance of advancement unless you’re an brown noser or are the supervisors favourite employee, and if you’re the supervisors favourite employee you can literally get away with anything, another thing is they are all about numbers and hitting quota and even if you’re hitting quota they’ll show up to u and say “I know you can pick more”, also health and safety and supervisors/management fail to tell you when they implement new safety rules just so they can be rude person again, also the supervisors and team leads a majority of them flirt with younger girls there which is also extremely creepy, and supervisors do not take workplace harassment seriously when it comes to an employee harassing another employee, unless of course you’re the favourite.
I've been with the company for almost three years, staying at the same location, however I have had three bosses over that time. I fell in love with my job from the start. The same customers coming back on a weekly basis makes your job more enjoyable. I learned a lot of great merchandising and leadership skills.
It was a really good first job and I was sad when I moved away. The managers were all really wonderful, and very helpful. I still miss the environment!
I learned so much from customer service to how to do math quicker in my head. An amazing job. Coworkers are kind and friendly and will become your lifelong friends. The most enjoyable part of the job was serving people of your town with people you admire.
Pros
Friendship
Cons
N/a
Giant Tiger offer all kinds of daily needs, clothing, home, garden, appliances and grocery. Great in interacting with customer, organized and well stocked.
Giant Tiger provided a great workplace to explore my professional business skills in a supportive and rewarding environment. The company, workplace, and staff truly does give one a good bar to set for future employment standards.
The employees you will be working with are quality for the most part. They really make the job a lot more enjoyable. The hardest part of the job was probably the heavy lifting, or during holiday seasons when the store gets super busy.
Pros
Free lunches sometimes (pretty often honestly), Fair Hours
Cons
Expected to work very many shifts a week
Honestly, I love almost everyone I work with. There are only a few individuals in the store I work at that makes working horrible. They add unnecessary drama, it feels like High School. But other than them, everyone gets along so well. The work itself is not crazy hard as it seems, no matter what position you’re in. Our store manager is just amazing! So because of those individuals, I couldn’t rate it a full five star
Average- Work life balance is off. It’s assumed that you will stay until job is finished . I wouldn’t recommend applying if you have children for this specific position. It’s expected you will prioritize the job before prioritizing your family.
You will learn each and everyday something new
You can develop good communication skill having good conversation with all the customer.

Potential to grow fast within the company
Good summer job if you can get past the fill timer negative attitudes. Good health and safety and accommodations for schedules. Interesting place to work
Stressful at times, fast paced, perfect for students who need a part-time job. Management is always on site at all times so that’s a plus, especially when customers get out of hand (and that happens every few hours)
Pros
Flexible hours, decent management, friendly coworkers, fun environment.
Cons
Unfair pay, unpaid breaks only, easy to get fired.
A very friendly workplace that provides a fun experience for all. Hours were good and the pay was fair- the potential for advancement was there. Would recommend to others.
Everyone I worked with was very helpful and we worked as a team. Most times you are busy so time flys by. From cashier, stocking shelves and to fashion, we all helped each other. Supervisors were always helpful and appreciated staff. Owners worked there too and treated everyone like family.