Giant Tiger

Giant Tiger Employee Reviews

Canada796 reviews
Opportunties are those that are made by your own determination. I enjoy this company, and most people who have been there for years feel that they want to stay long-term . For me, I am only casual employee, so I like the other workers. It is always fun.
le seul c est l emoyeur etait pas la pour les employer
Giant tiger was a very slow pace job I didn’t really enjoy it that much,I definitely wouldn’t work there again, but the employees are very welcoming and makes it kinda interesting to work with them
Pros
The pay
Cons
It’s boring
If you want to be bullied then apply the people who work hard get missed on promotion and yelled at by trucking manager. People who do nothing no experience get promoted in 2 to 3 months. This why they can't keep dispatchers they feel like unwanted you work butt off and goes unnoticed
Pros
job
Cons
manager is no body
It was a good place to work. Fun at times. I enjoyed working there. Great co-workers and nice management. Great sales for staff via manager. Great department managers
I’ve work their for over a year. They give you opportunity to more around an learn other departments. I am extremely happy their. They listen when I address issues an I get answers from my supervisors. If you do your job you will have no issues working for this company. If you miss to much time an don’t do your job then Yes you’ll get talked to ... asking if there is a problem. All staff is very understanding as long as you talk to them. Have a good attitude an you can exceed in with GTW. Great place to work. If you see a negative comment it obviously because that person screwed up an was let go. FOR A REASON. Ty
Pros
Great benefits. Full time employment. Uniforms. Awesome Training. Free lunches.. respected
Cons
Gossip
Unfortunately our store closes down so
I couldn’t stay but i would have stayed for as long as I could if it were possible. I had a great team and they were very accommodating for personal life too.
if you're not anglo,dont waste your time,the store owner is totally racist and bipolar character,.bad environment,,, the workplace culture is humiliating and some supervisors are equal or worse than the person in charge
i liked working there, friendly people and good environment to work in. i would recommend this job to family and friends, good hours and just overall a good place to work
Pros
good hours, friendly co workers
I love working with Giant
The management is really nice kind humble

They don’t treat you like a stranger

But as a part of a family

Working at the wearhouse is cool

But some times when it’s for long hours during the day it’s a strain for me
Pros
Amount of brakes are great
Cons
It is long hours
The job sucked! I was a minority while the whole store staff was white. I had good working hours but the people or should I say the supervisor was not fun, made me do all his work or work we were supposed to accomplish together. He was in his 40s and flirted with all the females who entered regardless of age. We did not even have a qualified grocery department supervisor. Only person Been 2 years (2018) and glad I quit the job. Horrible 7 months working experience.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Bad management and no qualified supervisor
Very considerate about family issues and hours. Helpful with any issues you have with doing your tasks. Let you socialize as long as the work gets done.
Pros
Discounts
The work culture is not good there at all. The people are not at all friendly and also you wont feel like working there. They’ll create racism and talk shut about Walmart and other stores.
When I first started, it was the best! Everyone got along, helped each other out and we were just a tight knit family. A few years after and now it’s every dept for themselves and all managers only care about their team and no one else. The department managers play favouritism so much that if you’re not on they’re good side....WATCH OUT! The store manager is the worse. Good person in general, but as a manager. The worse! Barely at work and goes against so much policy. Defends the bullies in the store. Attendance means nothing. So if you miss 11, 12, 13x...no worries. You won’t get in trouble. But for the workers who are loyal and come to work everyday. They have to work harder because a few people keep missing. Just very toxic, high school all over. Lots of gossip goes around and everyone watches each other like a hawk and rats each other out to their favourite managers. Can’t trust anyone.
Pros
The few people you can count on
Cons
Too many to name
I have worked in 3 different Giant tigers and I loved the the staff and management at all 3 stores. Reason for leaving is that I moved out of the areas.
Pros
Great staff and bosses.
Cons
Was a little stressful around the holidays.
Terrible place to work, never been treated so poorly at a job site. And blamed for things I didn't even do. Stay away if you like sanity!! Management is a poor excuse for air takers.
Pros
I worked with GT for a couple years and the management could honestly not care less for their staff. They would belittle them and call them down to their absolute lowest in front of their coworkers and also customers. You felt like anything you did for them wasn't enough and they would talk behind your back constantly. There needs to be improved training for management instead of them treating their staff like the dirt on their shoe.
Pros
Made some good friends
Cons
The people I worked with there amazing and other than the owners it was a good place to work.

You won’t get to pick your hours even if you were hired as full time or part time

You will be doing other people’s work including your own and be expected to finish by the night
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Pay, owners, hours, culture
You need to learn quick and move quick, always learning new things.
Management plays favorites with staff, kiss butt your more likely to get the days off you want. One of the few places that offer full time staff benefits but its not worth the stress. Underpaid for the amount of responsibiiles some staff receive.
Pros
Hour lunch, full time staff get benefits
Cons
Favortism with management
A typical day at work at Giant Tiger was for the most part, a very easy-going, calm yet fast working environment. Everyone there is so friendly and welcoming! I did not learn much from this job, because I previously worked as a cashier before this position. The job was typically very easy with an average salary. Management was good, but gave me a hard time once when calling off while I had a throat infection.
The coworkers are friendly at times and fun to work in the summer but depending on which department you receive may raise the stress levels. Its a nice to work if you are done school.