Giant Tiger Employee Reviews

working at giant tiger
Hard Goods / Part-time (Current Employee) –  Sydney, NS18 November 2017
typical day at giant tiger is cleaning stocking shelves helping customers making sure that are finding everything alright i learn something new everyday the management is amazing they get along with everyone and you get along with everyone there is no hard part about the job giant tiger is like a huge family the most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that you are working with amazing people. there is nothing bad that i can say about giant tiger cause its just an amazing work place to work
Enjoy working
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Canada15 November 2017
Walking and talking to the customers makes the day go faster and learning some new becomes the most enjoyable day. It’s hard to stand on the feet different culture and people are all over the world.
Decent
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fonthill, ON11 November 2017
I liked the people and environment here. No room for advancement and didn't like there policy that you can only work for them as they mostly only offer part time and how is that possible as an adult to survive on one part time job. Other than that i would go back. Wish i could have gotten full time
Pros
empoyee discount
Cons
Hardly no full time
Un travaille a prendre en attendant
Commis caissier (Former Employee) –  Gatineau, QC10 November 2017
travaille relativement simple
placer des produit sur les tablettes ou caisse
Pros
leqquipe est tres plaisant
Cons
lequipe de gestion est tres selfish et ne se generas pas pour te surprendre en negatif
It was okay
Cashier (Former Employee) –  New Minas, NS27 October 2017
Training process was very unorganized and I felt like I wasn't fully trained before I started working with customers. Staff was overall very unorganized. Wasn't a very enjoyable job. Most of the staff were pleasant, some were not. The often mixed up my shifts and scheduled me for days when I said I couldn't work. This happened more than three times.
Pros
Discounts on all products
Cons
Only seemed to have 9 hour shifts
Cashier
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Store Front25 October 2017
The hardest part of the job is dealing with customers but you learn to deal with that over time. A typical day is just assisting customers when needed, scanning items through checkout and when the store is not busy usually finding another small job to do. Management is all extremely nice and easy to get along with
OK place to start
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Goderich, ON24 October 2017
Giant tiger is an ok place to start working,,. there is not much room for advancement staff is friendly. Manger is not so friendly at the store in town.
It’s a very good company to work for,the people are fantastic to work with,
Merchandiser/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Strathroy, ON20 October 2017
The area that I work in,you have to be willing to do a lot of heavy lifting and be a team player.Be available to run to cash as well as pleasant customer service.
Pros
Discounts on products
Cons
Early morning shift and heavy lifting
This was my second home and my second family
Sales / Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON20 October 2017
Giant tiger was a place full of friendly faces and we made eachother family. We had lots of regular customers who we all just loved! the prices are great for people living with low income.
It was enjoyable but employees werent accpetable
Fashion Associate (Former Employee) –  Simcoe, ON17 October 2017
I loved working at Giant Tiger because I met so many new people each and every day. Employees weren't as acceptable as id like. I like a diverse and acceptable workplace.
Giant Tiger
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Saugeen Shores, ON11 October 2017
Typical first job for a high school student. Most days were an early start for unloading trucks for produce and stock. Since it was a small town a lot of the students working there were friends throughout school.
Pros
Flexible work scheduling
Cons
Poisonous work environment
Good prices
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON2 October 2017
Always a pleasure to help coustmers and have a productive day. A lot of growth opportunities and always ready for new experience. Very great learning experience
Pros
I am a
A lot of Bad, Not Enough Good
Retail - Fashion Fitting Room Associate (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON29 September 2017
- Coworkers were mostly friendly
- A lot of hard work for very little advancement
- Overall, friendly customers
- Generally a clean store
- Terrible parking lot
- Good location for the store itself
- Women only for fashion department and cashier positions
- Men are placed in grocery and seasonal, not as cashiers or other positions
- A lot of theft in the store
Pros
Good location
Cons
A lot of hard work for very little advancement, a lot of theft in store, higher ups think little of staff it seems
Good management, productivity and accomodating,
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 September 2017
I have worked on and off as a part time cashier at the same Giant Tiger location. It has been very accommodating to me as I have had multiple jobs at one time and have also been a student. It is a high volume, fast paced location where I developed many skills that include--detail orientation, customer service, leadership and working as a team.
Pros
Good management, good relationships, good hours.
Cons
Can get hectic
great place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB18 September 2017
Benefits are available, hours and pay are decent, the work environment is amazing the employee are great, room for growth in the company. Working at Giant Tiger was a great experience.
benefits
Cons
Very upbeat place to work
Fashion Associate (Current Employee) –  sales associate and key holder15 September 2017
Friendly and good working environment. Structured days with opportunities to be innovative. Working as a team, and working directly with customers to provide a great customer experience.
fun environmnt
Frontend supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 September 2017
I enjoyed working there but I had moved to far thought about transferring to a closer location to where I had moved but they did not have the job title I had at the other location
Hard working team environment
Grocery Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS11 September 2017
Hard working team environment, was a grocery associate and cashier, as grocery associate helped stock shelves, costumer service, as well as working in the back setting up and putting up palates
Pros
breaks, friendly staff
Started when I was 16
Employee (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 September 2017
Was my first job and taught me alot about sales,people,wearhouse work. Shipping and receving,customer service,and much of the everyday employee. Would go back for sure.
Cashier
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lloydminster, SK6 September 2017
Great work environment, fun staff. Enjoyable atmosphere. Room for adavancement. Resonable wage. The area could use improvement but overall it is a great place to work,