Ghost Armor Canada Employee Reviews

Proud to work for this company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary13 August 2018
I have worked for this company for over 7 years. In that time I have seen lots of changes. Now that operations are in Canada for the Canadian locations, it has changed alot and for the better.
It is retail and I am in management, so anyone who knows this business knows you can work 24/7 if you allow yourself. That work life balance is a choice.
Pros
Support for team members, above average pay for cart work, great co-workers
Cons
Would love more locations to join our team!
Mall Kiosk Company
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 January 2018
They are a very small screen protector company. They take a long time to change or get things done. They punish stores who are not performing to their expectations. The woman who is in charge of the Canadian operations is a house wife who get too emotional even when faced with logic and facts.

The teams at the stores are the best pat of the job, you really connect and bond with your team.

They make you work long hours especially store management. We are responsible to cover our stores shifts if we can't find anyone. So I have worked a closing shift then the next day work a full day then had to open the next day cause they didn't have any one to help me.

There is literally no training, no communication. Each person is trained differently. They promote people to posting all cause if they are good at what they are currently doing and they threaten to quit.

We literally had a terrible district manager who was a former store manager. He never ha any qualifications to be a district manager, He was a store manager at a busy kiosk who threaten to quit. So they promoted him, then he did a terrible job and would spend a ton of time at home play video games instead of helping the store managers.

They don't promote or remotely treat the loyal and hard working people right. I watched as the delayed promoting one guy who was and still is so passionate about his work. They promoted a new girl who later was fired to store manager over this guy. When they finally promoted him they still keep holding him back promoting the wrong people.

I honestly wouldn't recommend working
  more... for them ever. They don't pay well, they are known to cut hours a lot. Also cause they don't pay by direct deposits their known to have your cheques arrive late via mail. Several stores had problems where their pay wasn't even sent out.  less
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Management, long hours, low wages, lost or late pay, no training
13 August 2018

Hard not to comment on this review that is so filled with anger, but more importantly such misinformation.
We are not a "small screen protector company". We have locations all around the world and have been in business since 2007. 3 years ago a hard working, loyal team took over Canadian operations and made this a company people not only wanted to work for, but stay at. Our retention rate for staff is 65% over 2 years. For a mall cart business, this is unheard of and we are proud of that.

Like any company, if you are on the schedule, which is set a month in advance after you have been asked what days/times you need off, you are responsible for covering. If you cannot, we do all we can to help. With only 1 or 2 members working a location at a time, we do need to count on you.

As for our managers, initially we had to open our locations with a weeks notice when the Licensee who owned them left without notice and did not pay their employees. We did the the right thing and tried to keep those managers on. When we realized they did not meet our high standards, we let them go. We made mistakes, we own them and we have learned from them.

Our Regional Manager held this position with the former Licensee, was our top seller and we felt deserved the opportunity to do the same for us. He had 6 years of experience with Ghost Armor which was more than anyone in the company. Ultimately we did part ways, but we do not regret giving him a chance.

The people we promote have worked hard and deserve it. Our managers have all been with us over a year, most over 2 years and are paid well above  more... a similar job in the industry. They are some of the most hardworking, devoted people we know.

Our DM holds a degree in Business, and the woman who runs Canadian operations is not a "housewife", although there is nothing wrong with that job...an admirable one in fact...but someone who also has a degree, over 35 years of Retail experience, 8 of those in Specialty Leasing. I am proud of that emotion...it shows we care, and we do...about our team members, first and foremost, always.
I think letting you go was the right thing to do, as this type of attitude is not what we are looking for, and I guess we just weren't a good fit.
All the best.

Demanding place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 March 2017
Company was not properly run as it is a franchise. Miscommunication and lack of leadership was a consistent thing. Demanding job in terms of sales, not much compensation for keeping up with sales. Management was not on top of things.
Pros
Free material for your own devices
Cons
12 hour shifts daily, little to no commission, high expectation of sales, no flexible hours
13 August 2018

Thank you for your comment. I am sorry you had a bad experience working for our individual Licensee in Toronto. We are now all corporately owned locations in Canada, which has changed our business model significantly.

Not very flexible for students. Too demanding sometimes.
Sales Clerk (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 April 2016
Good for part-time workers who look for some small incomes to help while going through school. Schedules could be hard to deal with sometimes.
Pros
Get to deal with a lot of customers. Good if you're a people person.
Cons
Have to pay for your mistakes.
9 September 2018

Again, this location was owned by an individual licensee and not one of our corp locations. We now have alot of students who work for us and love them! We ogfer flexible, understanding scheduling to accommodate your school work, and we are happy to. We are back at Bayshore as a Corop location and welcome the opportunity to have students on our team!

Great learning environment
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB13 April 2016
i traveled Canada explored the territories and everything in between
i learned how to cold call, manage a staff of up to 20 people i experienced many things your typical job ypou would never see.
the hardest part of the job was being away from home for weeks at a time, i enjoyed the traveling experience and the valuable life lessons learned .
Fun Place to work at
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB21 March 2016
Great company to work with, hourly plus commission. Great manager easy to get days off when need. Awesome coworkers learned about phone skins.

Hardest part was getting custom making the phone skins for older cell phones.
Pros
good staff
Cons
long periods of time standing
Easy-going work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Maple, ON9 November 2015
- Dealing with an abundance of electronics
- Consistently giving information about the product
- Demonstrating what the product does
- Management is great, very organized
- Co-workers get along, super friendly, able to work together without any issues
- Hardest part of the job is making sure what needed to be done is completed before the customer gets back to pick up their device(s)
- Most enjoyable part of the job is learning about new electronics that come out, also interacting with new people
Pros
Flexible hours
Productive Job, Outgoing environment, Friendly employees
Sales Associate, Key holder , Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON6 August 2014
My Job at ghost armor was/ is great. My employees are fabulous and well understanding, we all know how to work well with one another. We encourage each other to push our sales more. Our customer clients, adore our customer service provided. We always receive great comments from our head office, which in return they compensate us with bonus' for our outstanding performance with our customers.
Pros
Free Lunch once in a while, Bonus' when the job was done well.
Cons
no breaks, wanted a raise after one year.
Terrible ownership
Sales representative (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC27 June 2014
Terrible ownership and mangers. The owner swears at his employee's and doesn't respect his employees at all the turn over is also horrible. Stock is always bad and with the policy always changing making customers upset and you having to deal with it
Pros
Cons
Every aspect of the job
9 September 2018

It was a terrible situation back then and we are saddened this was your experience. It's a whole new operation now in Canada, one our team members are proud of.