GFR Pharma Ltd.

GFR Pharma Ltd. Employee Reviews

Great people, great supervisor, and great team but just needs more communication from the warehouse manager. The job itself is not too bad but due to the warehouse manager and micromanagement it makes it less enjoyable. Also, be warned, you will be performing your duties while managing the gate for contractors, receiving, and shipping.
Pros
Free pizza lunch at the end of every month
Cons
Gate control, micromanagement, segregated departments, lack of communication
I chose employment with this company over few other offers and I deeply regret it . I’m sure the executives have it great there but the fact that this company doesn’t even provide coffee or sick days was a red flag I should’ve acted on. Warehouse is colossal mess it’s understaffed, poor communication, angry dinosaurs are promoted to supervisor, lots of favouritism, and you can’t take break if you want one
Great team of people with a good attitude towards work, fairly fast paced but always extremely under staffed. Overall a good place to work with good fun people but be warned, you will never have a full team.
Pros
Free pizza every month
Cons
Under staffed
Working for this company was pleasant. There was room for growth within the company and the managers were all very knowledgable. There were often barbecues for the staff when a celebration occurred, and a monthly birthday cake.
A terrific experience so far working here. The first day orientation to the company was informative and very interesting. Staff is welcoming and management is supportive. A growing company that seems to care about their employees and the quality of the products produced.
Pros
Great staff, approachable management and owners, employee recognition, pizza days and company produces quality products!
Cons
None so far.
Workday typically started with me having to talk to all the production leads to learn what was actually planned for the day because my managers had no clue and the running schedule was 3 days old and had been changed so many times.
The actual work in the warehouse is pretty easy as long as everyone has been following the SOP and not scattering the product needed for an order, I met some really great guys there but I believe most of them have left for other employers now.

we had issues multiple times because management does not communicate, we would be doing something the way one supervisor told us to do it and 30 mins into the job the other guy would come running out of the office they practically live in and complain it was all wrong and needed to be done a different way and then 10 minutes later the boss would be asking why we changed what we we're doing, Communication is by far the biggest issue at GFR.
Pros
Great people and great benefits, works not too hard, pizza day every month
Cons
Very little communication between the management and their staff.
I worked at GFR for three years, in which time I was denied pay increases even after more work was assigned to me. The owner is completely useless, the management was almost as bad. Yes, pizza day is paid for each month but it is pittance given that the corporate culture does not include pay raises. For the most part, coworkers were very easy to work with. The most difficult part of working at GFR is dealing with senior management (who call themselves The Big Kahunas).
Pros
Pizza day
Cons
hours worked outside of work
Productive work place in a fast paced work environment. One of the fast growing companies in the natural health products field companies in BC.
the hardest part about this job was the really old equiptment you had to work with.
Pros
pizza day at the end of every month
Cons
really dusty enviroment
Ask a question about working or interviewing at GFR Pharma Ltd.. Our community is ready to answer.
2.6