GFL Environmental

GFL Environmental Employee Reviews

Canada212 reviews
Received a temp lay-off during COVID 19 which allowed higher ups to phase out jobs. Not happy with how things were handled. No contact unless I reached out to find out if I was able to return.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Lovely people to work with and for, I would definitely work there again in the future, they are very respectful. They offer lots of training opportunities and advancement with in the company.
Was ok to work for when I was there , working at eco stations was simplest work and paid 25 / hr to haul bins back and forth from eco station to city dump and back again
They pay too little for what they ask of you, in comparison to the city and or other private companies. Expect long days and early mornings. Managment is alright but at the end of the day the job needs to be done and they arnt shy of pushing you to limits when it comes to your hours on the road. The work culture is great, most people start the day with smiles until you figure out how many no shown or just peoplee that have left. This job is completely is reliant on your co workers showing up and doing the portion of the maps.
Pros
Steady work, Good work out
Cons
No life, long hours, lots of turnover due to the nature of the work
It's all work and no life. You'll work 14+ hours a day and expected to come in and do it again the next day. Communication is a major issue here. No one likes you taking a day off.
Sadly as a mechanic and all mechanics I came in contact with at GFL are treated as a necessary evil.
Unskilled labour is treated better.

With 310T mechanics in high demand this would be the last place I'd work.
Great company trying to find their way in a high tourist area with a lack of tourists. They are also working within a Union environment that does not allow for improvisation, adaptation, the ability to overcome.
Pros
Great management
Cons
Covid-19
You start off as a new hire & end up replacing the guy who you got to know & trained you.Buddy gets blind sided and fired, and you feel terrible. Never get raises here unless youre a fave. Supervisors : I recommend you all take managerial classes to compensate for your lack of intellgience. Trucks down constantly, Company is broke. Stay away, far far away.
Pros
meeting some cool people, networking with other garbage companies to get out of here
Cons
they dont follow their own workplace policies and cut corners heavily
Flotte a Montréal-est désuète. Entretiens de la flotte inexistante.
Try other company first. Apply as a last resort. Lots of backstabbing. Broken promises unless it's in there favor !! Nowhere near what THE GARBAGE COMPANY was.
Usual routine, learned a lot of technical stuff, hardest part of job is the exposure to a lot of chemicals as i work in an industrial water treatment plant.
Pros
easy work place, on hand learning
Cons
not very competitive salary
What a horrible place
Get away from these morons

Useless micro management

No overtime

Paycheck is short

Owner couldn't play hockey

Dispatch kids

Management kids

Customers mad

Trucks unsafe
Terrible company, wouldn’t recommend working here, supervisors are terrible, training in minimal, just an all around terrible company would not recomend this place to anyone
Gfl overcharged their clients big time. Charging for work not even done. Dispatchers were the ones behind the overcharges. The manager is a no show at meetings. I would NOT recommend this ding dong company to no one.
A great place to learn how the construction environment is. Lots to learn at the workplace and the staff is friendly. They have great pay and benefits
Co workers are excellent to work with. Management needs to decide a course for the company, we are in so many areas that not all areas receive 100 percent . Equipment is in good repair .
It was a great experience.They help me all the time.This is a good company.I already learned a lot of things and they have me a big opportunity and then I made a good experience in my life
Plant/Site manager does not care the safety of all worker. Through out this covid 19 pandemic. We gathered inside the plant, inch apart. No social distancing at all. Mannager's always say "we are here to money"mmmakemoney".CoCompa
Pros
Nothing!
Cons
No proper mask to protect ourselves from the virus.
They bully harass intimidate defamate your character tell you to do things then blame you for the bad out come then tell you that you could have refuse to do it
Poorly run company with little to no supervision of employees. Trucks constantly breaking down and forced to drive non road worthy trucks that would fail DOT. There attitude is just get the job done at any cost. Lot of driver turnover as no drivers wanna stay at a terrible run company
Every company has its good points and bad points . But GFL as a rounded company is excellent . They pay you well , it’s relaxed and professional . Would recommend it to anyone.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at GFL Environmental. Our community is ready to answer.
2.5