GEXEL

GEXEL Employee Reviews

Poor management

Anyone is managing there and works out only on favoritism Manager doesn't know anything but became Quality analysis poorUnprofessional team leads got positions because working forv4 years

Pros

Cons

Rude team leads

Garderie pour adultes

Les boss veneres ceux qui sont chez Gexel depuis toujours: Même si ils font des niaiseries, ça coule dans le beton mais les autres, eux, se font suspendre. La boss a eu deux relations intimes avec deux de mes anciens collegues sur le plancher et accordais des faveurs. On se fait mener par le bout du doigt, si tu parles TU ES DANS LE TORD. Tout le monde veut s'arracher la tete puis l'équipe est loin d'être professionnel.

Pros

Les bonus rarement atteints

Cons

Faut bosser comme des robots sinon "rendement insuffisant" LOL

Highly recommended!

I have been working in Gexel for almost 5 years now. I feel Gexel is my second home. Very considerate management, understanding, sociable environment, and diverse culture!

Pros

Encouraging lunch event

Nice place to work

The issue with this company is they have 1,000+ employees but paid as if they were a small company. They want great employees but don't want to pay for it.

Pros

You learn, and take what you learn to a company who will pay your more on your worth.

Cons

That, I cannot answer

A typical call center

Gexel is a regular call center. You are expected to help the customer with any problems or inquiries (customer service) as well as reach a sales goal every month. They pay 12$/hour for a regular agent (in Montreal). As a new employee, I could not choose my shifts and was assigned noon to 9pm.

Pros

Easily accessible via public transport, dental benefits

Cons

Every second is monitored

If your mental health is a must, don’t work there

I worked on the cogeco campaign and was asked to temporarily do over time for a week (8h were added to my schedule keep in mind I was a full time employee already working 40h a week. Then they applied the MANDATORY OVERTIME for 8H a week?!? That was point ridiculous, and also mention that this job paid me as much as the friendly cashier at the grocery store to have some grannies complain about a 3$ raise and make you feel worthless by insulting you.As for the management team, I’d say they think of you as a number, if you don’t upsell their services even when not possible you will get in trouble if your stats don’t match their “ideal”.I sent email messages to the management team regularly to let them know that my mental state was not in sync with the job & wanted to go back to my regular schedule, they ignored my requests until I gave my two weeks!!!Glad I left for a better job that takes care of my mental health,gives me life insurances upon the 1st day and an awesome salary! :)

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Schedule, management, customers, IT team takes forever to help

No full-time opporunity

When I applied for the campaign. It was said it is a full-time, permanent position. But they lied, it was a temporary position and they were just looking for people to hire to fulfill their needs. I totally understand that they did not need people anymore, but it's unfair for people who are looking for a permanent position to be able to pay off the mortgage and expenses. Had the job description say "temporary position", it would have still made sense. Because we would have been mentally prepared. Especially when I was doing more than 40+ hours a week to help out. They should have thought about us a little bit.

Stupid Not Honest people

Stupid Not Honest people, very boring, colleague are very poorly educated.. Learned Nothing. Staff are exploited like animals. very poor management. A lot of turn over.

Une journée typique

Satisfaire la clientèle répondre à leur attente. Être ponctuel

Pros

Très belle ambiance

Cons

Aucun

Don’t work here

Literally the worst job ever. 1 week of zoom training and then you are thrown into the deep end. it is very overwhelming and the supervisors were little to no help. you always get your hours at the last possible moment. they don’t care about you, just the hours you work. also they make you work 9+ hour shifts

Pros

Cons

everything

Jobs at GEXEL

See more jobs

Non professional management

At first when they hire you they give you promises of having lots of opportunities for you and say if a campaign doesnt work out, they always have other campaigns for you. They give you a contract and fire you before the contract is ending juste because they said theres not enough work to do or other campaign available. Poor management, and are not professional. When in rush, they FORCE you to do overtime basically saying it’s understandable if we dont want to do overtime but we have to or else to find another job

Pros

Cons

Too many cons

6 February 2021
Hello,Sorry to read that from you. As we said at the first day, our HR department is here to hear you and help you at anytime. A career opportunity is a reality within the company. If you are still employed, we could write RH_HR@gexel.com to review this experience with us.

Mismanaged HR

The HR favoured the incompetent leads, They did not care about several complaints made by the Agents they just shrugged it off. If you want to work somewhere that people pretend to like you and then treat you like garbage when it’s time to sit down and work then by all means do work here.

6 February 2021
Hi,Hearing and welcoming positive or constructive comments has always been a priority within the company. We would like you to contact us to RH_HR@gexel.com to discuss your experience with the aim of continuous improvement.

Fun working place. Supervisors are excellent and friendly

I will advice anyone to work here, my Job there stopped because of COVID-19 but my experience while working there was awesome, friendly colleagues and supervisor. No dull moment working at GEXEL

8 February 2021
Salut,Nous sommes désolés que COVID-19 soit la raison de votre arrêt de travail. Nous espérons que tout va bien pour le moment. Nous serons heureux de vous revoir parmi nous.

Great experience

Met a lot of good people, and made great friends,

Environnement correcte

Pour la campagne de Vidéotron je dirais : - Manque de flexibilité dans les horaires - Le travail peut vite devenir répétitif et ennuyant. - Au début il faut être très disponible par contre avec le temps (1 an ou parfois moins) les horaires s'améliorent.... - Salaire bof - Équipe tisse des liens forts!

Pros

Assurance privée après 6 mois d'emploi

Cons

Énorme pression de vendre pourtant aucune impact sur le salaire

My review

Hard Stressful Competitive Selling Hard work Hard pressure Low payroll The more you sell the more you can stay Training Sells skills Sells Pressure to sell

Call center

I did not spend a long time here to give a review to depend on. Not much to talk about this company. Its simply a typical Canadian call center. more work, less pay

8 February 2021
Hello,Thank you. We would like you to stay longer to realize that we are different from other.

une entrprise gérée a'lancienne

Beaucoup de travail en silo, des responsables incompétents pour gérer les équipes, possibilité de progresser pour les lèche-bottes.

6 February 2021
Bonjour,Nous sommes désolés de lire que votre expérience avec nous ne s’est pas bien terminée. Si vous le voulez bien, vous pouvez partager davantage vos commentaires et suggestions en contactant les ressources humaines à l’adresse RH_HR@gexel.com.

Relaxed environment

Gexel is a nice place to work if you need to earn some money. The staff are friendly and help is offered by supervisors when needed, you can be called upon to assume new functions within the same role snd there are weekly rewards for job well done which is encouraging.

6 February 2021
Hi,Thank you for this encouraging comment. As you know, we do everything for the satisfaction of our employees.

Good Place to Work

They hire people from all walks of life and the managers are fairly good as well. The company has still a long way to go to gain professionalism. Hiring was fairly easy and working there was easier if you find good colleagues.

6 February 2021
Hello,Thank you for your positive and constructive comments.

lots of fun and a good place to work some time you might feel a beat streess out but if you tell your supervisor u can have a little time to rest

nice place to work “I love having a voice. My boss listens to my ideas and the whole team works together to make them happen. We all support each other and work together to offer creative feedback and then make our ideas a reality. I love being appreciated and listened to,”

6 February 2021
Hi,Thanks for those comments. At Gexel, we understood how important each person is, which is why we build this kind of relationship between all of us.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GEXEL. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9Job security/advancement