GettaTutor.com Employee Reviews

The management team is really great at getting back to their employees right away with solutions and really help you through difficult situations.
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 November 2018
You get to basically pick your own work week and who and when you want to tutor. Management is great at helping you out really quickly and effectively. There isn't really much for benefits but the pay is good and you get to pick your own hours. There isn't really much for advancement but you wouldn't really expect there to be since it is tutoring. The software used for scheduling is really easy to use and very intuitive.
Pros
Good pay, excellent management staff, good job environment, self-made schedule, software used for scheduling is really easy to use
Cons
No job advancement
Working with GettaTutor
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 November 2018
I had a wonderful experience working with GettaTutor. Fantastic organization, flexibility and professional courtesy. Scheduling is easy, and the work environment is extremely positive.

I would highly recommend that people apply to GettaTutor for being a tutor. The management is a treat to work with. When you treat your people with respect, you thrive. That is GettaTutor.
Pros
Flexible Scheduling
A great company to work for!
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Calgary8 November 2018
As someone who looks at teaching as a passion and not a profession I love meeting and providing that support for each student and family GettaTutor has provided me the opportunity to work with.

GettaTutor.com has great staff and they provide a professional relationship with it's tutors and clients. The company offers complete flexibility for its employees (hours are usually dependent on the student, but I didn't find it conflicting with work or personal life).

The experience has been amazing.
Pros
Flexibility to choose the opportunities I was best suited for
A Great Company To Work For!
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 November 2018
I love setting my own hours with students. It works for me and it works for them. The company keeps sending out students to all of us and we get to pick and choose which students to take on.

Its the best part time job I have ever had! Sometimes students who are struggling can be a challenge to work with but I like helping them.
Pros
Great flexibility! Great pay!
Cons
Students can ask some tough questions sometimes and it takes a while to remember.
Great Place to work!
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 November 2018
Flexible hours, good salary. Perfect part time job for me. The company is doing great work and I wish I could have stayed longer, but other commitments forced me to leave.
Pros
Good hours
This company is a scam
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 October 2018
I was hired by this company as a full-time student looking for part-time work. I understand that the nature of the job is that employees may have to travel to tutor is students home, but during my interview, I was told (almost threatened) if I didn't take jobs that required me to travel far initially, I wouldn't be given any jobs closer to my home in the future.
I agree and my first tutoring job required me to commute an hour (there and back) for an hour-long session.

The hours were maybe one hour a week for the first two months, and so I quit.
The company never paid me after that. I never received a paycheque while I was working for them, or for what they owed me after terminating my employment.
Flexible Hours and Fantastic Management
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 July 2018
I had a fabulous experience with my first few sessions.

The company allows for creativitiy with one-on-one sessions.

Scheduling is easy and efficient. Any change can be adjusted for with any day.

Communication with management is crystal clear and strong.
Pros
Allows for Suggestions

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GettaTutor.com. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3