GetAssist

GetAssist Employee Reviews

Fun place to work at but head office doesn't care about employees
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON3 October 2019
I worked at GetAssist for a week and I enjoyed my time there. The Vaughan office has a great team with some really experienced people who can teach you a lot about sales and genuinely care about their employees' growth. The atmosphere is really chill. My problem with this company is the head office. They do not care about employees. I worked at this company for a week and had either the second-highest or highest call volume in the entire company for my last few days once I got used to the fast pace. The income is completely unreliable because customers constantly flop on deals and appointments, this is why you do not get a base salary and only commission. I got cut because the head office decided to shuffle people around and transfer 5 sales reps (who have never even met any of the Vaughan managers) from Winnipeg to the Vaughan office without any notice or heads-up whatsoever. The head office does not care about its employees or creating jobs in the local community. That being said the Vaughan office is a great place to work at and their managers are some of the most knowledgeable people I've met. If you're looking for a stable income and job security this is not the job for you. If you want to try something different and get cut after a week this is the perfect company to work for.
love working here
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  unit - 3 236 Osborne15 August 2019
the management is great . I have so much fun everyday.. its hard work but i get lots of support and training when i need it - i love all the members that come and go throught here its a very fun environment
Pros
fune work environment
Cons
sometimes appionments cancel
9 October 2019

Thanks for your comments. The one comment I hear over and over is that the people at GetAssist are really great! People are very upbeat and always willing to help.

love working here
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  unit - 3 236 Osborne15 August 2019
Pros
fune work environment
Cons
sometimes appionments cancel
I honestly love working here
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB25 July 2019
GetAssist is the best workplace for passionate sales representative with deserving commissions. I really enjoy what they have to offer to help small businesses. Great place!
Pros
Free coffee everyday, casual work environment
Cons
No cons
Great work environment.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB25 July 2019
Being a Sales Representative here at GetAssist has been a great learning experience for me. Thanks to the great Management team here I have learnt a lot and I'm still learning everyday!. They are super supportive and put a lot of effort into helping be my best. I enjoy working here.
very poor pay, selling unneeded products
SALESMAN (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON12 July 2019
The job was to sell advertisement on our platform, but very small platform and doesnt work well thus low sales and only commission job means long hours little pay
Pros
Own work hours
Cons
commission only
9 October 2019

The job is to sell memberships to small local business owners on our platform. There is a learning curve for this role. We do provide comprehensive training everyday. Many people are able to make good money when they have learned how to sell the product. We also hire Brand Ambassadors to represent GetAssist and populate the social platform.

26 August 2019

Sorry to hear about your experience. We do have many people that are successful as sales associates.

Its alright
Sales rep (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 July 2019
Honestly it wasn't a bad company. It thought me a lot about sales and gave me experience but honestly everyone started being so greedy over money i wouldn't even get full pay and they would play games and not give you the money. I worked so hard to book so many appointments. I'll admit in the middle i started giving up a bit but when i got the motivation again i came everyday calling booking 5-10 appointments a day and still barely made that much. No base salary at all the higher people just care about getting money and making us call. They know how to trap people and like that new people come and the old ones leave its a whole cycle for them.
Pros
nice motivators, sales experience
Cons
Negativety and salary
9 October 2019

Thanks for your comment. It is not an easy job, but well worth it if you do become a great salesperson. We do provide base pay for experienced sales reps as well as Team Leads. Our Team Leads role is to provide support and training to people with no experience.

Commission based, no salary, not recommended
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON12 June 2019
This is a commission based role, there is no base pay. So unless you are desperate and really patient, this won't work for you. There are some people who seem to be doing really well in this place but most quit after a couple of weeks. Sales are hard to make and you don't get paid unless you make them. This means that's you can go weeks without getting paid.

This job is not endorsed by Government employment agencies and I wouldn't recommend it either. You simply must get paid for an honest day's work. It is easy to imagine that you'll get lots of sales and make a lot of money but is not the case for most people, yes, even for really smart people with great communication skills.

Unless GetAssist reviews their policies and incorporates a base pay, I would flag this company and role as unethical.
Pros
Relaxed, no pressure
Cons
No pay unless you make a sale, a.k.a free work out of you.
9 October 2019

Thanks for your comment. The sales roles are a mixture of base pay plus commission for experienced sales reps. It is a performance based role meaning there is no cap on your compensation. For people that do excel, they are making good money.

Save yourself
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 June 2019
This company will hire anyone that can try and talk English and get them sales they’ll make it seem like you’ll be a star but no your living off a garbage pay I had worked a week here and didn’t even get paid my salary base on top of that it’s not direct deposit it’s etransfer loool
Pros
Cons
Free labour, waste of gas money or bus money, waste of your time
26 August 2019

Sorry to hear about your experience. We do have a training program and provide performance based incentives. There is a learning curve on any job and it does take a few weeks to learn about the company and the product.

Sales associate
Sales associate (Indoor & Outdoor sales) (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON31 March 2019
They don't really pay you. It's 100% commission and the product is tough to sell. But the upper management is really nice. The lower management is bearable.
Pros
Most people are nice
Cons
No money
26 August 2019

It is a performance based position with uncapped commission. We do have many sales associates that are successful.

Fun, energectic
Manager of Human Resources for Western Canada (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 February 2019
A fun energetic place to work. Support from management and daily inspiration. Consistent coaching for sales staff and support to reach targeted goals.
Great place to work !
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON15 February 2019
Great hours and fun atmosphere. Company is growing quick and if you work hard there is lots of room for advancement. Like any sales position you get out of it what you put into it.
Pros
Bonuses, lots of support
Cons
Can't think of any
Excellent Company to Work for
Senior Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON15 February 2019
I like the hours, atmosphere, and overall easy going aspect of working for GetAssist. The management is supportive and motivational. The CEO acknowledges hard work done by representatives which is a nice touch.
Pros
Bonuses rewarded for hard work, Amazing support
Cons
None that I can think of
NO salary or base
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON14 February 2019
-No benefits
-No salary or base and when thet do offer a base it's (12,000$ a year)
-Long hours, thy expect you to put extra hours for no pay
-HIGH TURNOVER RATE- people don't last here long, so don't expect growth and advancement
-They lie to you in the interview about pay potential
-9-5 but they expect longer
-Rude staff
-Low pay
Pros
nothing
Cons
your working for free, no pay, no base

Our benefits are:

Uncapped Commission
Additional bonuses based on performance
Advancement opportunities
Sales contests, games, and competitions
Fun, casual team-oriented environment
Amazing Managers
Training and employee development provided (gain extensive knowledge on HubSpot a leading CRM tool

Dynamically growing bigger and better!
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 February 2019
It has never been a lazy day for me working with GetAssist Inc. Every day coming into the office is full of lessons to learn and work challenges to take with people guiding and helping you get through those challenges. The working environment and its culture are great - employees are being heard and helped. There's always a room for advancement for those who work hard and passionate employees.
Pros
Work environment and culture
Cons
All pros, No cons.
Great place to work !
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON14 February 2019
Pros
Bonuses, lots of support
Cons
Can't think of any
Amazing Company
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 February 2019
I have worked for this company for about a year, and I love it! I have learned so much in my time here I love the Team, management, and the businesses.
Pros
the ability to make as much money as I can
Cons
Fun and supportive place to work
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON9 February 2019
Great office environment. Hours are great, 9-5 with lots of opportunity to advance. Like any job, hard work and a great attitude is required. Supportive and knowledgeable management. Daily and weekly bonuses
Productive and growth filled environemnt
Sales Excecutive (Current Employee) –  Toronto6 February 2019
I've been working at GetAssist for the last 4 years and I love my Job working for this really cool company.

Not only do I get to work on one of the coolest apps I've seen in years but the job is very diverse. One day I'm working on a Sports team and giving away free product and promo then the next day I'm sitting with Excecutives and discussing opening locations across Canada.

I've watched this company grow from 3 people to almost 100 and I'm looking forward to us hiring thousands.

I'm constantly challenged and I am developing the skills to do anything. I am twice the professional and three time the sales guy I was when I walked in the door and I've been given the opportunity to do so because of GetAssist.

I think most people want an easy job and aren't necessarily prepared for the opportunities presented to them here. So many people could benefit by sticking it out and learning how to do the job.

I love it and recommend that hard workers apply.
Pros
Free Lunches, Growth Opportunites and a Cool product
Cons
Challenging
Great Work Place
District Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 February 2019
As with any job, the harder you work the more you are rewarded. I have seen a trend with any commission based job, the people that do not put the work tend to leave the absolute worst reviews blaming everyone except themselves and their work ethic! This is why I LOVE commission based jobs, I can work harder than the person beside me and make more money! I am in charge of my own success!

The great thing about GetAssist is they have a sales plan for every person that walks through the door that if you follow you will be successful and if you falter, come in late, leave early, play on your phone, play on your favorite social media site, or just simply don't show up, it does not work and you make no money!

I enjoy working here, the culture is great, the room for advancement is incredible, the company is growing by leaps and bounds, and if you are a hard worker and put in the work you can make more money here then serving burgers at your favorite local burger joint on the midnight shift.

I highly recommend working here if you are tired of your average joe job and are ready for a new challenge and ready to learn a new skill.
Pros
Great team based work enviroment!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GetAssist. Our community is ready to answer.