GetAssist

GetAssist Employee Reviews for Sales Associate

Disgruntled person
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary Alberta2 February 2020
I figured I would try working for a supposed good company but I guess I was lied to. I was hoping that they could pay workers for the training and for the first three months of being in the training. But nope got screwed over. Icompany so you can get legally compensated for your time and energy. But nope I wound up in the hospital because they let me go. I got sick because of the severe stress it had on
Pros
Cons
Long list of all of the problems
3 February 2020

At GetAssist, we do provide training every day with coaching and mentoring. We do hire people on a commission basis as independent contractors. We send out documentation that explains this clearly. We also have stepping stones where people can move into a senior role with base pay plus commission.

Fun team environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON24 January 2020
Fantastic place to work. I have learned so much about sales/prospecting. The team is great and they all help each other. There are fun daily bonuses
I've noticed the people who dont do well are almost always the ones not working hard. Its like any other job I've worked as far as there is a learning curve until it becomes easier.
Excellent work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON15 November 2019
The culture of Getassist is welcoming and the team is very supportive. They help you succeed even with everyone being in the business to make their own money. You get out what you put in so the harder you work the more you get rewarded!
21 January 2020

Thanks for your response. We do try and provide individual job shadowing and group training daily.

Commission based, no salary, not recommended
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON12 June 2019
This is a commission based role, there is no base pay. So unless you are desperate and really patient, this won't work for you. There are some people who seem to be doing really well in this place but most quit after a couple of weeks. Sales are hard to make and you don't get paid unless you make them. This means that's you can go weeks without getting paid.

This job is not endorsed by Government employment agencies and I wouldn't recommend it either. You simply must get paid for an honest day's work. It is easy to imagine that you'll get lots of sales and make a lot of money but is not the case for most people, yes, even for really smart people with great communication skills.

Unless GetAssist reviews their policies and incorporates a base pay, I would flag this company and role as unethical.
Pros
Relaxed, no pressure
Cons
No pay unless you make a sale, a.k.a free work out of you.
9 October 2019

Thanks for your comment. The sales roles are a mixture of base pay plus commission for experienced sales reps. It is a performance based role meaning there is no cap on your compensation. For people that do excel, they are making good money.

Save yourself
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 June 2019
This company will hire anyone that can try and talk English and get them sales they’ll make it seem like you’ll be a star but no your living off a garbage pay I had worked a week here and didn’t even get paid my salary base on top of that it’s not direct deposit it’s etransfer loool
Pros
Cons
Free labour, waste of gas money or bus money, waste of your time
26 August 2019

Sorry to hear about your experience. We do have a training program and provide performance based incentives. There is a learning curve on any job and it does take a few weeks to learn about the company and the product.

Sales associate
Sales associate (Indoor & Outdoor sales) (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON31 March 2019
They don't really pay you. It's 100% commission and the product is tough to sell. But the upper management is really nice. The lower management is bearable.
Pros
Most people are nice
Cons
No money
26 August 2019

It is a performance based position with uncapped commission. We do have many sales associates that are successful.

NO salary or base
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON14 February 2019
-No benefits
-No salary or base and when thet do offer a base it's (12,000$ a year)
-Long hours, thy expect you to put extra hours for no pay
-HIGH TURNOVER RATE- people don't last here long, so don't expect growth and advancement
-They lie to you in the interview about pay potential
-9-5 but they expect longer
-Rude staff
-Low pay
Pros
nothing
Cons
your working for free, no pay, no base

Our benefits are:

Uncapped Commission
Additional bonuses based on performance
Advancement opportunities
Sales contests, games, and competitions
Fun, casual team-oriented environment
Amazing Managers
Training and employee development provided (gain extensive knowledge on HubSpot a leading CRM tool

Good concept, execution still needs lots of work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON8 January 2019
You call small businesses and sell them on a 500 dollar service that they use to get more clients for their business. The idea for the social app is excellent in theory but the execution still needs a lot of work. There aren't enough people using the app currently to make it worthwhile for businesses to join. Maybe if they can get enough funding and start putting their name out there they'll get some traction in the future.
Pros
good idea
Cons
poor product
Do not join this company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB28 November 2018
No employee lasts long. Managers are taught to hire 5 people each week and fire 5 people each week. You will NEVER make money at GetAssist. GetAssist calls businesses and rips them off with fake promises. There is tons of complaints at the Better Business Bureau.

DO NOT WORK AT GETASSIST!!
Pros
Nothing, it's brutal
Cons
No money, terrible managers, have to lie on the phone