GetAssist

GetAssist Employee Reviews in Vaughan, ON

Amazing Work Culture
Great and easy going place to work. The management and supervisors are all very helpful and patient in teaching sales skills. Loved working there and how much you can make is unlimited and up to you :) Love it
Fun team environment
Fantastic place to work. I have learned so much about sales/prospecting. The team is great and they all help each other. There are fun daily bonuses
I've noticed the people who dont do well are almost always the ones not working hard. Its like any other job I've worked as far as there is a learning curve until it becomes easier.
Excellent work environment
The culture of Getassist is welcoming and the team is very supportive. They help you succeed even with everyone being in the business to make their own money. You get out what you put in so the harder you work the more you get rewarded!
Official response from GetAssist
21 January 2020
Thanks for your response. We do try and provide individual job shadowing and group training daily.
The managers are dope. They don't get annoyed even if you ask them a lot of questions of how to do each thing. There actually there to help you every step of the way, which you don't see often in the corporate world.
A very fun & growth environment
Growth orientated environment,especially for entry level. , where your constantly learning to grind, hustle and unlock your potential. I love how much I've changed just in the 6 weeks for the better. I've become a lot more outgoing, courageous, and bold on the phones and in meeting clients.

PRO: GROWTH, personal development (shows small clips on personal development- sales) , work culture, environment,

CONS: might take 1-2 week to learn new skills, but its a learning curve like any other work place
You Get Out What You Put In
The work environment is energetic and fast paced. The call volume that is expected from you is what will make you successful. If you`re lazy and want to cruise by then you won`t get by. Some days are tough as well but if you don't push through those days then you will suffer on the good days. Management is very supportive as well and help with anything you need!
productive and fun
with this job, and any sales job, you get out of it what you put into it.
its a good environment to work in and its very encouraging. some people are made for sales, some arent. its that simple. Its really rewarding to get your own sales for the work that you do, rather than working hourly for some other company and not feeling accomplished. Get Assist is the new wave and you can either sink or swim. they are expanding into new provinces and states every month. growing every week.
Pros
money
Cons
my commute
Fun place to work at but head office doesn't care about employees
I worked at GetAssist for a week and I enjoyed my time there. The Vaughan office has a great team with some really experienced people who can teach you a lot about sales and genuinely care about their employees' growth. The atmosphere is really chill. My problem with this company is the head office. They do not care about employees. I worked at this company for a week and had either the second-highest or highest call volume in the entire company for my last few days once I got used to the fast pace. The income is completely unreliable because customers constantly flop on deals and appointments, this is why you do not get a base salary and only commission. I got cut because the head office decided to shuffle people around and transfer 5 sales reps (who have never even met any of the Vaughan managers) from Winnipeg to the Vaughan office without any notice or heads-up whatsoever. The head office does not care about its employees or creating jobs in the local community. That being said the Vaughan office is a great place to work at and their managers are some of the most knowledgeable people I've met. If you're looking for a stable income and job security this is not the job for you. If you want to try something different and get cut after a week this is the perfect company to work for.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at GetAssist?
Commission based, no salary, not recommended
This is a commission based role, there is no base pay. So unless you are desperate and really patient, this won't work for you. There are some people who seem to be doing really well in this place but most quit after a couple of weeks. Sales are hard to make and you don't get paid unless you make them. This means that's you can go weeks without getting paid.

This job is not endorsed by Government employment agencies and I wouldn't recommend it either. You simply must get paid for an honest day's work. It is easy to imagine that you'll get lots of sales and make a lot of money but is not the case for most people, yes, even for really smart people with great communication skills.

Unless GetAssist reviews their policies and incorporates a base pay, I would flag this company and role as unethical.
Pros
Relaxed, no pressure
Cons
No pay unless you make a sale, a.k.a free work out of you.
Official response from GetAssist
9 October 2019
Thanks for your comment. The sales roles are a mixture of base pay plus commission for experienced sales reps. It is a performance based role meaning there is no cap on your compensation. For people that do excel, they are making good money.
Great place to work !
Great hours and fun atmosphere. Company is growing quick and if you work hard there is lots of room for advancement. Like any sales position you get out of it what you put into it.
Pros
Bonuses, lots of support
Cons
Can't think of any
Excellent Company to Work for
I like the hours, atmosphere, and overall easy going aspect of working for GetAssist. The management is supportive and motivational. The CEO acknowledges hard work done by representatives which is a nice touch.
Pros
Bonuses rewarded for hard work, Amazing support
Cons
None that I can think of
Great place to work !
Pros
Bonuses, lots of support
Cons
Can't think of any
Fun and supportive place to work
Great office environment. Hours are great, 9-5 with lots of opportunity to advance. Like any job, hard work and a great attitude is required. Supportive and knowledgeable management. Daily and weekly bonuses
Good concept, execution still needs lots of work
You call small businesses and sell them on a 500 dollar service that they use to get more clients for their business. The idea for the social app is excellent in theory but the execution still needs a lot of work. There aren't enough people using the app currently to make it worthwhile for businesses to join. Maybe if they can get enough funding and start putting their name out there they'll get some traction in the future.
Pros
good idea
Cons
poor product