GetAssist

GetAssist Employee Reviews

Productive and supportive company with different management styles
Senior Business Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  #170 6223 2nd Street SE23 January 2020
Working at GetAssist is fun and productive, not only do they allow extensive training to help you 'climb the ladder' but they provide experience that helps you grow as a person. I like working here and I believe this will remain my career for my future.
Run far. Run fast
Senior Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 January 2020
GetAssist was the WORST company i have ever worked for and the worat company you could ever work for!
Extremely toxic environment, competitively rude people, you get no help ever to maoe sale, they take money off your base pay when the base pay is already illegal. Employment standards law is you must be payed a minimum of $600.

They lie to your face and theybare money hungry savage's! STAY AWAY
21 January 2020

GetAssist has a variety of positions with different pay structures. Some are commission where you make almost 50% of the sale. When you reach your metric, you can move into a Senior Sales Rep which is a mixture of base pay and commission. These are contracted roles and not one of an employee position. We are in compliance with Employment Standards. We do offer daily training and coaching sessions. As in any business, some people are more successful than others.

N/a
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 January 2020
Very toxic environment and unprofessional. Pay was unfair, lots of mistakes made when it came to paying the employee's their commission.
There was always a new person hired everyday and always someone walking out/quitting due to the work environment.
21 January 2020

We do have a variety of positions with different pay structures. When mistakes are made, we do try and correct them as soon as possible.

Many people describe our environment as dynamic, fast-paced and supportive. We do offer daily training and coaching to help people to be successful.

Worst job
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON11 January 2020
Worst job I ever had. Basically call people all day to book appointments. When they walk in, and we tell them about the packages, they just walk out. So we basically work 9 hours a day and get $0. The management sucks. The supervisors are the worst, the fight like animals. Wouldn't want my enemy to work here. Pretty much a scam group.
Not that great
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 January 2020
I found that it was hard to convince people to buy what we were selling and the organization was not that reliable at helping you get sales ...I made no money
21 January 2020

We do not have an office in Edmonton, nor do we have a position called Account Manager.

Fake promises, fake leads, fake clients
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON27 November 2019
Their customer representative would exaggerate that they have lots of clients but in fact they don't have enough clients and tries to recruit freelancer to join their annual service which cost roughly $500.
Freelancers, do stay away from this company as it is not worth of your time.
The place to Work if you want a chance to grow with a company
Senior Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 November 2019
I showed up to tell them I wouldn't be starting on Monday. From there, the sales manager showed me the office, how the management ran the floor, and introduced me to the owner and the other higher ups.
They sold me on the culture, and the feeling of teamwork that was dominant in the office. Within 2 months, I had been promoted twice, and management is keenly watching opportunities to advance anyone on the floor that shows drive and promise.
I am looking forward to growing with this company, and the opportunities they provide.
Excellent work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON15 November 2019
The culture of Getassist is welcoming and the team is very supportive. They help you succeed even with everyone being in the business to make their own money. You get out what you put in so the harder you work the more you get rewarded!
21 January 2020

Thanks for your response. We do try and provide individual job shadowing and group training daily.

It's not worth your time
Junior Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON5 November 2019
On the indeed application it says 600-900$ a week but it's actually 250$ a week for only the first two weeks of training and every week after that is full commission. The management is horrible. The senior sales reps make way more money than the Juniors. The Juniors are expected to basically work for free for 3 months.
14 November 2019

That's for your feedback. We do offer both full commission with no caps and base or guarantees depending on your sales experience. As with most sales roles, there are metrics that you must meet. The compensation is $600 to $900 per week is what your average sales rep makes after 2 to 3 weeks. We do have many sales reps that are successful and able to surpass this amount.

Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON10 October 2019
The managers are dope. They don't get annoyed even if you ask them a lot of questions of how to do each thing. There actually there to help you every step of the way, which you don't see often in the corporate world.
Amazing Work Culture
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON10 October 2019
Great and easy going place to work. The management and supervisors are all very helpful and patient in teaching sales skills. Loved working there and how much you can make is unlimited and up to you :) Love it
A very fun & growth environment
Senior Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON9 October 2019
Growth orientated environment,especially for entry level. , where your constantly learning to grind, hustle and unlock your potential. I love how much I've changed just in the 6 weeks for the better. I've become a lot more outgoing, courageous, and bold on the phones and in meeting clients.

PRO: GROWTH, personal development (shows small clips on personal development- sales) , work culture, environment,

CONS: might take 1-2 week to learn new skills, but its a learning curve like any other work place
You Get Out What You Put In
Sr. Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON9 October 2019
The work environment is energetic and fast paced. The call volume that is expected from you is what will make you successful. If you`re lazy and want to cruise by then you won`t get by. Some days are tough as well but if you don't push through those days then you will suffer on the good days. Management is very supportive as well and help with anything you need!
productive and fun
Sr. Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON9 October 2019
with this job, and any sales job, you get out of it what you put into it.
its a good environment to work in and its very encouraging. some people are made for sales, some arent. its that simple. Its really rewarding to get your own sales for the work that you do, rather than working hourly for some other company and not feeling accomplished. Get Assist is the new wave and you can either sink or swim. they are expanding into new provinces and states every month. growing every week.
Pros
money
Cons
my commute
Amazing , Fun and a good learning experience
Senior Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  4220 Steeles Ave w unit c 10 Wood bridge9 October 2019
Get Assist is an amazing place to work at. Lots of opportunities and it is a place for growth. I've been working here for over 3 months and it has been the best change of career in my life. You work for your money and are treated completely fair. Anyone joining this company will see the potential for their future. This place is golden and highly recommended for open minded individuals that are willing to expand their mind and work together as a team. Love this place. The hussle is worth it. Im glad i am part of a network that is going international and providing amazing opportunities for myself and family. Growing every day. Good hours .No Cons
Fun place to work at but head office doesn't care about employees
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON3 October 2019
I worked at GetAssist for a week and I enjoyed my time there. The Vaughan office has a great team with some really experienced people who can teach you a lot about sales and genuinely care about their employees' growth. The atmosphere is really chill. My problem with this company is the head office. They do not care about employees. I worked at this company for a week and had either the second-highest or highest call volume in the entire company for my last few days once I got used to the fast pace. The income is completely unreliable because customers constantly flop on deals and appointments, this is why you do not get a base salary and only commission. I got cut because the head office decided to shuffle people around and transfer 5 sales reps (who have never even met any of the Vaughan managers) from Winnipeg to the Vaughan office without any notice or heads-up whatsoever. The head office does not care about its employees or creating jobs in the local community. That being said the Vaughan office is a great place to work at and their managers are some of the most knowledgeable people I've met. If you're looking for a stable income and job security this is not the job for you. If you want to try something different and get cut after a week this is the perfect company to work for.
love working here
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  unit - 3 236 Osborne15 August 2019
the management is great . I have so much fun everyday.. its hard work but i get lots of support and training when i need it - i love all the members that come and go throught here its a very fun environment
Pros
fune work environment
Cons
sometimes appionments cancel
9 October 2019

Thanks for your comments. The one comment I hear over and over is that the people at GetAssist are really great! People are very upbeat and always willing to help.

love working here
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  unit - 3 236 Osborne15 August 2019
Pros
fune work environment
Cons
sometimes appionments cancel
I honestly love working here
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB25 July 2019
GetAssist is the best workplace for passionate sales representative with deserving commissions. I really enjoy what they have to offer to help small businesses. Great place!
Pros
Free coffee everyday, casual work environment
Cons
No cons
Great work environment.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB25 July 2019
Being a Sales Representative here at GetAssist has been a great learning experience for me. Thanks to the great Management team here I have learnt a lot and I'm still learning everyday!. They are super supportive and put a lot of effort into helping be my best. I enjoy working here.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GetAssist. Our community is ready to answer.