Gescan

Gescan Employee Reviews

Canada12 reviews
I enjoyed my work throughout my employment. I did get a little bored after the 2 year mark but my manager put in an effort to start letting me branch out a little to learn new things. When that manager left and a new manager took her place, things went downhill. The new manager fired everybody, even the new employees. We went from 7 employees to 2 employees which created a large amount of stress.
Pros
Friendly Coworkers
Cons
Expected to work without pay; micromanaged; manager is on a power trip
Don’t work for these guys EVER, they think it’s totally fine for the supervisor to harass staff to the point where they have to go on stress leave or quit. This company doesn’t care at all about it’s employees. He’s an Chilliwack has the worst manager in the world he’s a real piece and doesn’t care who’s life he ruins... karma will get you
26 Locations and part of a larger organization, Sonepar. Variety of work day to day. Management encourages you to get involved in with whatever interests you.
Poorly managed with way too much heavy salary burden at the top and not enough to pay a stable base of staff.
They reward the underhanded sales techniques and create an environment that stifles creativity.
boss took his stress out on others. the manager had no knowledge in the field and had odd pointless requests. they were quite shady if commission pay. all of the time I was there I had to get them to fix it.
Everyone who worked at Gescan were there for one thing and thats to make money. Which is understandable but when it came to building relationships they snarky rude and not willing to work as a team. i ran into a few decent people who were able to put aside theyre egos to work together but when you got to the people who have been at the warehouse for long periods of time they would be little me and give 0 respect. it all came down from managment and are boss who would constantly allow this be littling to happen and would even join in at times. i was talked about behind my back by staff and managment and was never given the time of day to show my skills and be able to show what time of person i was. Im guessing its because i was much younger than most and had a more upbeat personality but i was never good enough for them. i cant blame everything on the people there were days i would not meet expectations and i would accept my wrong doings. It was just unfortunate that i would be bullied by people like my own boss who are supposed to help and bring you up instead shut you down and make you feel worthless.
Pros
benefits and the pay were ok
Cons
horrible staff and managment
The turnover and the low moral became too toxic for me. I did not like the way some employees are treated. They speak about a family environment but it is anything but that.
Clean open concept warehouse with high traffic.
A lot of electricians coming in and out. Minimal staff on site.

Very friendly people to work with.

Many routes to and from this office.
Pros
Good hours, good pay, friendly staff
Cons
Limited communication with management
doing lots of receiving shipping picking orders.i learn that you have to work under pressure and on a dead line.management very good to work fore .my co workers were very good to work with.trying to get everything in place so we can work easier.going to work every day cause the pople r good to work fore.
Pros
good work place when busy
Cons
slow when not buzy
Regular work week hours and good benefits packages, pay isn't competitive enough for the economy here. Raises are very minimal unless you advance to a new position.
Use Gescan as a place to pay your bills, but search for what you really want. High turnover environment that needs to be rebuilt from the president down.
Pros
Free donuts monday and friday
Cons
too many to share...
-Cleaning the warehouse every Sunday
- Cleaning the kitchenette

- Washing floors

- Cleaning bathrooms
Pros
only worked sundays
Cons
no cons