Germain Hotels

Germain Hotels Employee Reviews

Canada87 reviews

Okay experience.

People there were nice. Management was okay. Hard to understand the supervisors as they were immigrants from foreign country. Had poor management and communication skills. If it werent for those supervisors I had probably wouldve stayed at that workplace longer.

Pros

Fair pay

Cons

Poor management

Awful and incompetent management.

Terrible hours, benefits are incredibly difficult to get access to. Management doesnt know how to communicate properly with employees. Training only lasts a day or two before they expect you to understand and know everything. Dont let any of their "virtues" fool you, they dont care about you and will do whatever they can to use you until you're mentally and physically exhausted. And one tiny mistake gives you suspensions without pay, even if it's something as small and petty as dirty water in a bucket. The only good bit of this job are that your co-workers are good people. Shame the same thing cant be said about management at all. You're better off looking somewhere else.

Insights into Germain Hotels

What people like
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Support from manager

Stressful

It can be very Stressful and there’s a high turnover at the company.It may take a lot of time to get used to it because of how high the turn over is at the company and if you’re feeling lost always make sure the managers know about it as soon as possible so you don’t make mistakes.

Mediocre Management

Management needs work; a lot of work. Not very accommodating as they do not value anyone’s time. Lots of whining from the staff and the usual feeble minded chatter. One of the worst experiences I have ever had.

Pros

Cons

management

Productive work, flexible hours and good customers & employee workers ratio (it works out well)

My trainers were very consistent, patient and thorough. All 3 experienced workers, showed me the fundamental daily routines and different techniques of getting my job done. My days of training means a lot to me, because I am still building, rectifying and learning; with the help of the management team. Flexible hours, great atmosphere, great starting salary, and more to come....

Lack professionalism

Not recommended to work , personally I didn't feel to work here. No job satisfaction at all, never appreciate your work. Mostly management looks for your faults than what you did good for company. No growth for you only company grows.

Pros

No pros

Cons

Favoritism

Pandemic has changed the company

Alt was a good place to work prior to the pandemic. It was stressful & the pay was far below the industry average, but it was a good atmosphere and employees as well as management were great.During the pandemic, they have shown no respect for both their staff working and laid off. They billed their unemployed employees for their health benefits during a pandemic. There is a lot of nepotism. The culture and environment is gone. You are often left alone running an entire hotel which is unfair and unsafe.This company has failed to care for their employees which they had called a "family" for years. In the future, there may be a positive change; but if you're thinking of applying right now, I strongly encourage you to hold off.

Pros

Coworkers and guests are great

Cons

Upper Management, Culture

Highly recommended company but Manager is poor.

The hotel is nicely situated just right beside the arena complex. Majority of the stay-in guests are either business people, concert attenders or avid sports fans. The exciting part of working this place is that you get to meet and serve happy people and my coworkers were nice people too. The flip side working this place was the working atmosphere wasn’t that great. The manager has lacking people skills, showing stoned face and not approachable at all. It’s nice to work when your manager notices you as a person. Its also good to feel if your achievements is being recognized, but what I find the manager was very good on highlighting the faults:( .I would say the company is good but the Manager is just terrible.

Pros

Happy coworker, good company benefits

Cons

Worst manager

Nice experience

it was nice experience to work there.. Management is very helpful and approachable, specially Rochelle (GSM). Work environment is friendly and professional.

Pros

Busy hotel

Toutes les employés est engagé par un agence de placement

J’ai une mauvaise expérience de travailler avec cette compagnie Le syndicat Back jamais les employés c’est un syndicat de patron. On est des vrais Esclava

environnement standard

belle environnement de travail propre et agréable. Cultures et valeurs d'entreprise ne sont pas conforme a leur action.

Pros

environnement propre et agreable

contented

Working in Le germain hotel is a good experience for me. It taught me more and helped me understand the things that I need to accomplish. It also taught me to work not only by my self but with other workers as a team.

Pros

happy and accomplished

Cons

sometimes stressful

It was not enough to live off

It is a great place to work . And you can get alot of hours . But when it comes down to it with the alt they only care for them self I know my days off I got called back in to work and it was not right or the shifts would change and know one told me

Pros

People can be nice

Cons

Not enough money

Productive and friendly workplace.

Workplace is never slack and is fast paced the people that you work with are amazing, caring and kind people. Would highly recommend. Amazing workplace atmosphere that never gets boring.

Juste parfait

Allez-y sans hésiter! Les gens qui y travaillent sont parfaits.

Très bien situé.

C'est un environnement parfait pour y travailler.

Great Work Environment

Great place to work, but not the best paid in the industry. Strong organizational culture, but a smaller company leads to lack of benefits and smaller pay compared to other larger companies.

Environnement de travail plaisante

Mon expérience au sein du Groupe Germain Hôtels fut incroyable. Ce groupe est une famille, le service est impeccable et les valeurs du groupe sont bien présentes chez tous les employés et dans tous les établissements. Ils ont été mon meilleur employeur à ce jour et je retournerai travailler pour eux sans hésitation.

Fun place to work

This hotel group is a fun place to work. Since I've started with them, co-workers are extremely friendly, helpful and they will go above and beyond to assist in a crisis.

Fun and very exciting you'll meet different kinds of people

Everyday is very exciting because you will meet different kind of people and sometimes is challenging buts lots of fun. My co-worker are very friendly and professional in what they do.

Le Germain

This company is based in Quebec. They have a good culture and good pay. The management is good to there employees. Always willing to be flexible with the Schedule.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Germain Hotels. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement