Gerber Technology Employee Reviews

Cool project and great work environment.
Simulation Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tolland, CT11 January 2018
Reasonable deadlines. Relaxed environment. Very cool projects. Good managers. Consistent and predictable work schedule with flexibility. Great benefits. I would recommend anyone who wants to settle into a career. My only reason for leaving was there was no option for promotion within the company.
Definitely a great place to work
On-site Field Engineer for The NY Daily News (Former Employee) –  South Windsor, CT 0607416 December 2017
Gerber is a solid company, with a great mission statement, and really supports its employees. I learned a great deal while working there about laser based technology.
My supervisor was a great guy, extremely fair and would accommodate you any way possible.
They value employees.
I would work for Gerber again in a heartbeat.
Pros
Flexible hours, 4 day workweeks, company car
Cons
very few at all.
Great Place to work
Sr. Buyer - Tactical Procurement - Under Contract (Former Employee) –  Tolland, CT28 September 2017
Great Culture. Gerber is certainly a switch from the usual Mfg. environment. Gerber offers the employee the opportunity to associate with depts. to accomplish tasks.
Pros
Cons
Advancement
fast paced
Shipping/Receiving/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Tolland, CT30 August 2017
Work work no stop work

Time management skills and being efficient

Management was okay

Busy daily with good vibes

Keeping up with the assembly line

The full gym with lunch room
Pros
Gym and lunch room
Cons
Job was temp
Good Company, but low wages
Sales Administrator (Former Employee) –  Tolland, CT28 July 2017
This is a good company, but has clicks. Company tends to lay-off, since their product line is a niche'.

At the time I was there, lower and upper-management were click oriented and if you weren't part of it, your life could be very miserable.
Mid-management (my boss) was excellent! Very fair, approachable and would hear you out and was solution minded.

They had contests to boost sales, every now and then, which was a great motivator!
Pros
Lots of good people
Cons
low wages
Buena pero necesita mayor promoción.
Becario (Former Employee) –  Ciudad de México, D. F.10 January 2017
Una muy buena empresa sólo que no existe ,mucha capacidad de promoción dentro de la misma.
Pros
Muy Flexible
Cons
Poca Promoción
The best job I ever had
CAD Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NY28 October 2016
Working for Gerber Technology for over 10 years was the best experience I've ever had. The company has a family oriented type of culture and many colleagues and I are still in contact even today.

Gerber Technology provided me with extensive on the job training and an ability to climb the corporate ladder. I also had the opportunity to travel the world doing trade shows and representing the company and their products.

I learned so much about technology and software programs at this company. I also learned a lot about company branding and marketing. It was a very face paced environment with constant software changes and testing to be done with short deadlines. I really loved working as a liaison between the product development team and the actual customers who had the ability to steer the direction of our products because we listened to what they wanted.
If you want security, look elsewhere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tolland, CT7 July 2016
Management was ridiculous, worst job ever .. Manager sat on Facebook all day and then was overly critical. I would answer calls and place orders for customers
Pros
No city commute
Benefits
Great Company
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  South Windsor, CT3 May 2016
You will find Gerber to be more like a family. It is a great culture and the people are great. You will have great opportunities to learn.
Pros
Cons
Still growing
Senior Operations/Help Desk admin
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Tolland, CT1 October 2015
Receive calls from on site and field staff

Assist where possible

Create trouble ticket if issue needed to be sent to specialists

Monitor/create batch jobs for SAP software to extract data
Postion with little to no advancement potential
Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tolland, CT1 May 2015
Looking for advancement potential and a forward process.. This position does not offer this.. The company as a whole seems to put all of their eggs in one basket (product), which in many cases is a mistake, but in some cases is good.
Pros
Cons
no advancement potential
Sr. Software Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TX4 February 2015
Great team to work with. Management tends to abruptly change direction and thus invalidate years of work and force layoffs.
Pros
People
Cons
Overall a great place to work!
Master Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Tolland, CT21 January 2015
A typical day in my position at Gerber was fast paced and intense. The goal was to ensure material from suppliers was delivered in time to meet production requirements. Management was definitely involved in the day-to-day issues, and my co-workers were like a family, as we considered ourselves a great team. The hardest part of my job was meeting customer ship dates if incoming material was rejected, and the most enjoyable part of my job was the satisfaction of interacting with several departments to meet our customer ship dates.
Pros
Short distance to travel, friendly co-workers, good insurance.
Cons
Salary and raises not always up to business standards.
Good Experience
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tolland, CT14 January 2015
I worked for Gerber Technology many years ago, and while employed for them I had a great experience. It was my first position into the corporate world. I had the privilege to travel a bit for trade shows, various events, and customers meetings.
Pros
cafe, tuition reimbursement, benefits
Opportunity to Design Interesting Products
Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Tolland, CT24 September 2014
New Product Development has excellent department managers that give you the opportunity to work on some exciting projects. Corporate culture is a bit out dated.
Good Company with nice team environment
Senior SAP Basis/Netweaver Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tolland, CT11 September 2014
Good Company with nice team environment. Good scope for work and for challenging tasks.
The people are great to work with and the benefits are good
Manager PLM Support and Account Management (Former Employee) –  Dallas, Texas12 August 2014
Managing customer expectations, writing contracts, managing team, devising metrics, implementing systems, managing projects, scheduling development, presentations, coaching

Team-oriented atmosphere
Previous management team trusted the knowledge and experience of the employees, was involved in day to day activities and was knowledgeable of work load and staffing,
Most recent management team was not in touch and focused on growing the business, but not enough on it's supporting functions.
Very intelligent co-workers world wide truly want to help the customer and have a great deal of integrity
Understaffed, and insufficient tools.
One for all and all for one attitude.
Pros
Benefits, good people
Cons
Understaffed, poor life work balance
Productive & fun working place with a gymnasium place for a work-out
Electro-mechanical Technician (Former Employee) –  Tolland, CT18 April 2014
Test & troubleshoot print circuit boards for Gerber devices & controllers. After the circuit boards are repaired, we clean, inspect & ship them to our customers. . At times when the job is slow, I assist the engineers for pro to-types units & customer repairs. At other times I repair motors. First, I dissemble, clean & replace parts to make the motors workable again & ship them.I learned how to use the right tools, the right pressure & heat for different jobs. my supervisor was excellent and the co-workers very helpful too. The hardest part is when you try to loose a particular nut that is not moving at all and then you have to use heat on the nut to make it loose. The enjoyable part is when you finish a particular job with no failures.
Pros
A clean area to work.
Cons
the salary.
Lider Mundial en tecnologías industriales
Area Sales Manager para España y Portugal (Former Employee) –  Madrid, MD3 March 2014
Sin duda una empresa pionera, inventora y lider en el ámbito de las tecnologías más avanzadas para el desarrollo y fabricación de productos industriales elaborados con materiales flexibles tipo tejido, plásticos, fibras industriales....
Pros
Trabajar en una emrpesa lider y pionera con un producto contrastado
Cons
Deslocalización de producciones.
Downsizing in company
Employee Gerber Technology (Former Employee) –  Tolland, CT12 June 2013
Now owned by a venture capitalist company. Not sure where this company will end up after 5 years.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gerber Technology. Our community is ready to answer.