GEOX Employee Reviews

Canada69 reviews
The most important part in life that we have been a long and long time ago but it is a great job of a job that I was able I have to go to the clinic and have to go back to the new house and then I will start the process with the next one to the end of this week the other day I was going on a date to get a good shot at the next time you have left the house in a little while I was wondering what you would do to do with this app but the first thing is the fact the lack in this class of a great
Poor operations. Bad communication. Unorganized - Italy dictated everything. Upper management would yell and scream and treat employees like robots. Didn’t stand behind their products when it came to consumer complaints.
Pros
Great shoes
Cons
Everything else
A place that lacks leadership and has no direction and future objectives. Upper management has no respect or value towards their managers. They treat all their employees very poorly. Upper management is always looking for excuses to blame store employees and never hold theirselves accountable for lack of proper communication and setting goal strategy. Poorly compensated and always over worked outside regular hours.
- Great for a first time temporary job.
- Upper management is unreasonable and rude.

- The company cant keep managers or staff past 2-6 months.

- No room for growth.

- If you like being told you are not good enough consistently, work here.

- The company doesn't respect you or the efforts you put in

-The expectations, amount of effort and work asked for and the long hours are not worth the pay or humiliation Geox offers.
Amazing people and product but hard work. Good commission depending from the location you are in. Overall I liked the product and the brand but it is for younger people.
I was an assistant manager. I was hired after only 1 interview, they culture is so bad and toxic. They're exec team would treat us like slaves and one of the senior managers literally told us that we were lucky to work there. The district manager told me the wifi was only for upper management not for store level employees. They are uncooperative with your personal life and they act as if you should sign over your whole life to them for less then avg salary they pay.
i enjoy working at geox; it is a fast paced environment with exciting challenges every day. i love the product, and when you are passionate about a product and have a wealth of knowledge about it, it easily translates to consumers who are looking for top quality shoes.
Worked here and was told many promises. Catty environment and lots of unknown situations making you feel uncomfortable. Not being valued and basically no reasoning to kick people out their door.
Working at GEOX as a stock person was difficult. A lot of shoe boxes to move and having to organize everything really fast and efficiently. Was quite a tough job.
There were many friendly staff at Geox. Everyone was friends with everyone. The manager I was with was very understanding, kind and friendly. She always cared about her staff and whenever I needed help she was always there to send me the help I needed. There were many pressuring times as any other jobs would have but everything was good in my experience.
So, I was hired on the spot after a 1 minute interview that was hardly an interview. I was hired on part-time as a key holder, with the promise to move up to full-time very soon (the manager very unprofessionally informed me she would be terminating an employee shortly, which should have been my first sign), and then soon after I was told she wanted to train me as assistant manager since the one they had would be going on maternity leave soon. Within 2-3 weeks, 2 other employees were hired on with the same promises, and I found out later that another employee was hired before me with the same title and promises, but with a lower wage.
The manager constantly interrupted my sales, and was so pushy that she drove away more sales than she made... All while claiming she was the only one in the store that ever made sales. The pressure from upper management to keep the conversion % up (sales vs. foot traffic) was so high, that we had to pass each other things by sliding them across the entry way floor, or squeezing out the side of the entry way in hopes that the sensor didn't detect us. That's really great when more than half of our stock was off site. The other portion of the stock was in the painfully cramped back room with giant sliding shelves that I had to literally climb to reach the top of. The only reason it was accepted in the mall inspection while I was there, was because they insisted they would be renovating very soon. Otherwise I'm sure the store would have been shut down as it was very dangerous. In my few weeks there, I had many cuts and bruises to prove it.

Hours
 - more...
Cons
No matter how well the store did it wasn't good enough. It's slave labor with next to no benefits. The shoes actually fall apart as bad aa cheaper companies. Actual filth
Pros
Cons
Head office, management, pay is garbage, no encouragement at all
I have never worked for more of a sales desperate company in my life. The comapny is losing money will probably go under, no job security as the store your working for will probably shut down. sometimes you work over 50 hours a week which is crazy for retail. Geox will vary greatly depending on the store location. The manager I worked for just had a habit of shifting blame and not taking responsibility for her actions.
The top management and senior management are bullies and demeaning and rude and unprofessional.
They treat you likes their servants and slaves.

If you wish to go home and sleep try and find another company to work for
Management is not always consistent and the hours guaranteed are never actually given. culture is okay if you like unprofessionalism and no support..
I was a key holder at one of their locations and it was easily the most stressful and toxic work environment I have ever been employed in. Management (from upper management to store managers) have unrealistic sales goals for their staff and get agitated at staff for not meeting their delusion goals. A lot of pressure is put on all staff to force customers to buy their products. As a key you were also on call basically all the time. The store manager at this location was horrible, he did not know how to properly manage the store or the staff and treated his staff extremely poorly both in private and in front of customers. If you are going to run a company I would advise you to learn how to speak and interact with people first before anything else. The only thing that made this job tolerable for three months were my co-workers - that is it.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, bad management
I worked for the Outlet in Richmond for 6 months, I started in November 2018 and it was the busiest time of the year with no retail experience our Manager gave me a chance and I found out that I was good in selling.
Our Manager was tough but very fair, he was good coach and made sure that we were ready for our shifts. He wanted the store and all of the staff to succeed.

He was reassigned to another position and the store was never the same, I decided to leave to seek better opportunity.
Pros
Contests and free shoes
Cons
Sometimes long hours
• Lack of support / training
• No job culture

• Favortisim

• High Turnover

• No structure

• Highly stressful environment

• it’s not the work , it’s unfortunately the people.
Cons
Favoritism
i have a great experience att geox that made me able tto deal with all different customer ages and people who doesnt know english and how tto comunicate and explance to them about our prroducts.
it tough me the responsibility and how to have a positive energy.

it also have gave me the ability to learn about how inventory gets done.

i have been hired as a sales associate then i got promoted to a key holder after 6 months of worrking there.
it was fun working with Geox as it taught me a lot of things about how to deal with the customers on regular basis. I feel obliged that I have worked there for quite a bit.
Pros
commission
Head office is completely disconnected from reality and think yelling at staff and threatening produces results. Not a positive work environment at all.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Toxic culture. Unrealistic expectations