GEOX Employee Reviews

Horrible
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 July 2019
I was a key holder at one of their locations and it was easily the most stressful and toxic work environment I have ever been employed in. Management (from upper management to store managers) have unrealistic sales goals for their staff and get agitated at staff for not meeting their delusion goals. A lot of pressure is put on all staff to force customers to buy their products. As a key you were also on call basically all the time. The store manager at this location was horrible, he did not know how to properly manage the store or the staff and treated his staff extremely poorly both in private and in front of customers. If you are going to run a company I would advise you to learn how to speak and interact with people first before anything else. The only thing that made this job tolerable for three months were my co-workers - that is it.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, bad management
Fun place to work so much energy
Retail Manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal-Ouest, QC13 January 2019
The team culture is amazing your work is always appreciated by the management.

Hiring and training modules are way easy to gel with and teams are highly motivated too.
Pros
Brand Passion
Cons
Productive and fun Place to Work.
Retail Manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC25 November 2018
I am lucky to have a team of people, in my place they are a super amazing brand is having solid hold in the market.

Its an Italian brand in Canada performs amazingly.

The company has a very solid foundation and the team from all aspects too.
Pros
Cons
Partiallity
Stressful | Underpaid | Horrible Management
Assistant Manager /Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 August 2018
The Headoffice and the District Manager can't treat their own Staff right how do you suppose they would train their Managers and so on. The managers i've encountered are arrogant, rude, judgemental and stressful to work with. The term i heard often by my manager when i did something wrong when i was NEW was if you cant do it right ill write you up. Unfortunately it was my first job so i pushed through to save up. But yah id really think my priorities before accepting a position here. No Employee last here more than few months simple as that.
Pros
1 free pair of shoe
Cons
Everything about this company is horrible
Unprofessional environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 April 2018
Management is very unprofessional including the treatment from head office. Unrealistic goals and expectations are put on the staff. The ways of communicating is very childish and petty, most comments made towards management is given very personally. You are expected to be on call if you are management 24/7 on a group chat to only be harassed by the other members from higher up. Product itself is very cheap looking and poor quality for the amount you pay. Also if you have an issue where the customer is harassing you - the company will not have your back.
Cons
Long hours, no balance, terrible management and head office
Pretty okay, could have been better
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Metrotown, BC26 April 2018
a typical day at work was trying to get as much commissions or as much people to buy a shoe or jacket. very competitive . good place to work , not so friendly colleagues
Pros
free shoes every season
Cons
low pay and small hours
It was ok
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 October 2017
Long hours standing. The backroom was unsafe as the shelving units did not have a lot of space to put a ladder as suggested. Often times I was asked to help put the shoes onto the customers, specifically the elderly and small children, although the parents of the child were there.
No bad quality No good managment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC13 September 2017
Management team mixed up everything. When I was doing stock, sales hour are included. And you have to half sales and half stock work. More than 100 boxes receives, and you need to put them correctly.
Terrible Work Enviroment
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Calgary, CA28 July 2017
Geox is hard to work because of the terrible management. Completely unprofessional environment. Wouldn't recommend working here, it was constantly unorganized as I was there, and is failing as a company. You will be mistreated and will be disrespect and always be underappreciated. All the company cares about is making money and will never care for how hard you work.
Pros
free pair of shoes each new season
Cons
unorganized, terrible hours, mistreatment
bad
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 May 2017
salary are very low, because it is commission based. don't really like feet or shoos that much. management are really nice to me. job culture are not very active.
great people to work with
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 October 2016
I was looking forward to work everyday with the people I work with.
I learned how to receive and send out stock to other locations and the management was really good ands supportive . My co workers were awesome they were people I went to school with in the past. And the hardest thing of work was having to climb up to the very top of the ladder to reach for product because I'm scared of heights because I fell off a ladder once when I was younger. And the most enjoyable part is I always had flexible hours and days to work.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
working long hours if someone calls in sick
Fun working environment
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 October 2016
The typical work day starts with the overseer telling everyone their duties for the day.
I learnt how ton work in a fast paced environment.
i worked there during their warehouse sales so it was always busy so we were taught on how to coordinate our efforts and still give great customer service.
The environment was always energizing and everyone was friendly and willing to help each other out.
Pros
store discount
Fun place
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 June 2016
really good place to work with tangible but dificult metrics, very fun and a lots of guest interations!!! the regional manager is really good and encourage us to do a better job always
Upbeat, Busy place to work
Key Holder/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 February 2016
Fast paced. I learned a lot about the fashion industry and the art of selling. My co-workers and manager were great. Sometimes a little too much pressure for sales but also a lot of encouragement when doing great
Pros
Awesome product with an awesome discount
Cons
was located outside of the city
Wonderful informal but professional environment
Project Manager, Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Canada, US, China, Italy11 January 2016
- great collaborative teams make you feel like in a big family
- excellent opportunity to learn and advance
- great management that encourage self initiatives and innovation
- key for succeed - go over your job requirements
Pros
creates a lot of opportunities
Cons
open but limited job culture
Long Standing hours
Customer Service & Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto15 November 2014
Retail environment - Standard Retail place to work where you interact with a lot of people.
productive, cool place to work and learn about the beauty industry
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON26 June 2014
well for the most part i was the one to put alarms on the merchandise and present the products in such a way that once you walk into the store you would notice the items right away. i learned how to price the products, share valuable knowledge with customers about what the products are able to do for them when applied properly; learned how to showcase the merchandise and alarm them. My co-workers were very friendly because majority of them were females and they were really cool. They showed and taught me that it takes a lot work to make look them look beautiful and extremely gorgeous. The most hardest part of the job at times was when i had to attend to multiple customers at a time due to the few sales associate on the floor This taught me how to manage my time with each customer and how to multi task effectively. The most enjoyable part of the job was the environment and the customers that walked through the doors everyday. To be able to help them, explain and show them what a particular product could do for them-if its done right made their eyes light up in excitement; that moment is the reason why i like to be friendly and interactive with them, because it shows that being human with compassion goes a long way..
Pros
free lunch
Cons
long distance
enthusiastic worker
Gérant de succursale (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 May 2012
a typical day at work
it is important that i review what needs to be done in each day urgent and important tasks, urgent but unimportant tasks, and non-urgent but important tasks. Tasks in category one need to be done first. Tasks in category two need to be addressed but should not overwhelm me. i Make time in each day to address tasks in category three.The important key to success is to accurately identify the proper category of priority in a daily basis

what i learned
Confidence
Concentration
Poise under pressure
Social skills with diverse groups of people
Persistence
How to make adjustments
Understanding the need for very high standards
Compassion and Patience
Consistency
all giving me opportunity to learn more and more -- as how to deal with new situation on daily basis.

management
Quickly and easily exchange feedback on work, ideas
Give employees a toolset for evaluating and improving their work
Support a culture of coaching and teamwork, with goals to keep everyone focused.

your co-workers
co-workers are all part of a well put together team. It's satisfying when everyone can do their part well, and it all comes together as a team effort.

the hardest part of the job
I love my job, but the hardest part of my job is letting go. I am a perfectionist. I mean, give me 24 hours to work on a cake & I'll spend every last second ensuring its flawless.

the most enjoyable part of the job.
.Creating new consumers while retaining the existing ones.
Trying to provide a delighting experience with the Brand.
I think the best part is when both a client and a candidate are happy with
  more... a successful search and placement and both refer me new people. Makes me feel good to be useful and appreciated  less
Pros
free gift card - contest