Geox Canada Inc. Employee Reviews

Definitely a no
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Concord, ON21 January 2019
Working here is actually stressful. The management worry so much about conversion, shoving it down your throat. You have a budget you have to meet and if you don’t they don’t like it and might even say something. The pay is straight trash (you don’t even get student wage), discouraging you from even wanting to work. The store manager has no idea how to run a business and has no acknowledgement for boundaries. The HR is even worse full of people who stress out workers and have entire disregard for constructive criticism; complete disregard for external reasons and only focus on the numbers. The work environment is toxic as since it is a commission based job, people fighting other people over customers because the base pay is so bad. I will most definitely not recommend you work here
Pros
Lol
Cons
Too many
It's an ok job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON7 January 2019
Manager hired me November, a month later on Christmas Day assistant manager told me to greet and 4 hours into my shift got terminated with another coworker
Pros
Average shifts
stylish product international company
National Outlet District Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 December 2018
I had a great 5 yrs at geox , loved the brand and free shoes ! . only sore spot I had was the room to advance . All the people that I knew worked there are gone so seems turnover may be a problem
Horrible place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 December 2018
The managers are useless and do nothing but stand at the computer and complain about conversion (sales vs. foot traffic). They schedule you for pointless 3 hour shifts and expect you to sell more than possible. The shoes themselves are no good and are very expensive. They ask you to lie to customers and tell them that you have every shoe in the store and that you love them. DO NOT WORK HERE!!!!
Pros
It’s better than having no job at all
Gestion
Supervision du plancher de vente (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC13 November 2018
Mauvaise gestion , venant des superviseur , donc beaucoup de stress sur les épaules.Sinon bel équipe de travaille venant du canada
Pros
conciliation étude, travail, famille
Cons
gestion
Hectic
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 October 2018
Management was going through a big change when I used to work there. It was a very intimidating place. The company squeezes and pushes you on sales and if you do not meet goals often, even though it might not be your fault, like for having the slow closing shifts all the time, the company will evaluate you and deem you unfit for the job and could fire you easily. There are a lot of WorkSafe protocols that the company is breaking too.
Pros
Employees you work with are nice. CEO is nice.
Cons
Bad shifts, intimidating higher ups, pushing sales, cares more about sales than the health and safety of the workers.
Environnement agréable
Stock Person (Current Employee) –  Laval, QC17 September 2018
Excellent pour étudiants.
Heures flexibles.
Matin, soir et fin de semaine.
Service à la clientèle.
Pros
Vente à commission
Cons
Pas davantage sociaux
Well Organized
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Yorkdale, ON21 July 2018
Easy to accomplish sales goals, everyone has a specific job such as Stock Manager, Floor Manager, Sales, two assistant managers with split tasks. Very well run work place.
Pros
bonus
Cons
standing for so long
A busy location with a high pressure sales environment
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 July 2018
A typical day of work consisted of me having to call into the store 2 hours before my shift was supposed to start and ask the manager if they wanted to me come into work. If they did, my shift would start off looking at the stores budget and my sales quota. After working for about a month, the was told that I was supposed to sell 3 pairs of shoes per transaction, and to push sales and the sole technology. The management could be difficult to work with as we did receive commission, and sometimes the management would take customers from me which meant that I couldn't earn my commission. The management would get frustrated if we didn't make our sales quota, and could be quite condescending. The workplace culture was a very high pressure sales environment; we were expected to try to sell to every customer and push customers we were working with to purchase multiple pairs of shoes. The hardest part of the job was the sales environment; it was very high pressure. The most enjoyable part of the job were some of the people I worked with. A few of the other sales associates were very nice and personable and I enjoyed working with them because they were very helpful with showing me the ropes.
Cons
Unpredictable hours
Do not work here
Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 March 2018
The company selected certain people to look after the Canadian market that have no clue how to look after the market. They are extremely unorganized in terms of promotions and consistency between stores. Job security does not exist so don't get comfortable. Extreme lack of communication from Head office to Store levels.
Pros
Cons
lots

Want to know more about Geox Canada Inc.?

Ask a question
Italian manage company
Manager Merchandise Planning (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 February 2018
Product is good. I learned and developed new tools and techniques.The work place culture was good and friendly. Got opportunity to travel alot to Italy
Pros
Good Product
Cons
Long Hours
overall not so good company
sales (Former Employee) –  Vancouver British Columbia17 January 2018
Geox is a company that wants you to sell to every single customer that walks in through the door. But what they do not understand is that everyone is not there to buy. The upper management will only blame and argue with the workers without understanding or listening to them. The only thing that makes working for the company bearable is having a staff that enjoys working together. Customers are nice, but its hard to sell to them because a lot of the time you don't have their size available. Also the return policy is completely ridiculous. The only thing you learn to do is make sales because if you don't they won't keep you around.
Pros
Slightly enjoyable work space
Cons
Frustrating upper managment
Worst Place to Work At
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  BC17 January 2018
Let me spill some tea here this place was awful.
You get yelled at for bad sales
Ya’ll be getting in trouble for things out of your hands
Underpaid
Underappreciated
Honestly I could write a 60pg essay..

If you choose to work here all I can say is.. I’ll pray for you!!
Pros
No pros
Cons
All cons
Hard Work good Benefits.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 January 2018
Geox is a retailer so the hours are long and their is hard work that goes with it. Non traditional hours but, I enjoy that.

You work with a technology and fashion brand which is really cool. The rewards for your work are there and the people are great.
Pros
Free Shoes
Cons
Amazing company to work for. Opportunities for career advancement. Good team. Fantastic management (depends on the stores as well)
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC18 April 2017
If you are eager to learn and earn more - Geox will help you to do so.
Bonuses, contests, amazing shoes, and apparels are here for you as much as your involvement in achieving results for the company.
Pros
Opportunities to grow and amazing product
Cons
you need to contribute to get the results
Fun place to work
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 December 2016
I like the culture mostly at Geox, enjoyed communicating with new people on an everyday basis, I was part time, so I was able to work and go school and I was happy they were able to facilitate that.
Good experience
Store Manager St-Catherine's Street (Former Employee) –  Montreal Canada5 December 2016
Great job overall.

But we have to sell expensive product that do not work.

The company is doing very well in Europe but has a difficult time adapting to the american market.

The company is losing opportunities. They do not have half-sizes and their shoes are often to narrow for women. Wich makes it hard to make a sale even though a lot of people walk through their doors.

The rate of conversion is low and they blame the staff and management for bad business days.

They also put a lot of pressure on staff to sale shoe care products that doesn't work and expensive winter jackets that are NOT warm.
Pros
great salary
Cons
hard to make sales
Great place to work with
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 October 2016
There was a fun environment. It is great to deal with customers and I like the incentives they sometimes give to employees. Wish pay was a bit higher though.
Good place to work but no job security
Regional sales manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 May 2016
Great place to work, family type approach. Long term career not possible. Company does internal cleaning of personnel every 5 years,
Pros
Good working atmosphere
collaborative working environment
Sales Representatives (Former Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON19 December 2015
intensive working tasks. Required good communication skills. In the meantime, a good member should maintain good client relations by following company policy.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Geox Canada Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.