Geox Canada Inc. Employee Reviews

Environnement agréable
Stock Person (Current Employee) –  Laval, QC17 September 2018
Excellent pour étudiants.
Heures flexibles.
Matin, soir et fin de semaine.
Service à la clientèle.
Pros
Vente à commission
Cons
Pas davantage sociaux
A busy location with a high pressure sales environment
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 July 2018
A typical day of work consisted of me having to call into the store 2 hours before my shift was supposed to start and ask the manager if they wanted to me come into work. If they did, my shift would start off looking at the stores budget and my sales quota. After working for about a month, the was told that I was supposed to sell 3 pairs of shoes per transaction, and to push sales and the sole technology. The management could be difficult to work with as we did receive commission, and sometimes the management would take customers from me which meant that I couldn't earn my commission. The management would get frustrated if we didn't make our sales quota, and could be quite condescending. The workplace culture was a very high pressure sales environment; we were expected to try to sell to every customer and push customers we were working with to purchase multiple pairs of shoes. The hardest part of the job was the sales environment; it was very high pressure. The most enjoyable part of the job were some of the people I worked with. A few of the other sales associates were very nice and personable and I enjoyed working with them because they were very helpful with showing me the ropes.
Cons
Unpredictable hours
Do not work here
Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 March 2018
The company selected certain people to look after the Canadian market that have no clue how to look after the market. They are extremely unorganized in terms of promotions and consistency between stores. Job security does not exist so don't get comfortable. Extreme lack of communication from Head office to Store levels.
Pros
Cons
lots
Italian manage company
Manager Merchandise Planning (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 February 2018
Product is good. I learned and developed new tools and techniques.The work place culture was good and friendly. Got opportunity to travel alot to Italy
Pros
Good Product
Cons
Long Hours
overall not so good company
sales (Former Employee) –  Vancouver British Columbia17 January 2018
Geox is a company that wants you to sell to every single customer that walks in through the door. But what they do not understand is that everyone is not there to buy. The upper management will only blame and argue with the workers without understanding or listening to them. The only thing that makes working for the company bearable is having a staff that enjoys working together. Customers are nice, but its hard to sell to them because a lot of the time you don't have their size available. Also the return policy is completely ridiculous. The only thing you learn to do is make sales because if you don't they won't keep you around.
Pros
Slightly enjoyable work space
Cons
Frustrating upper managment
Worst Place to Work At
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  BC17 January 2018
Let me spill some tea here this place was awful.
You get yelled at for bad sales
Ya’ll be getting in trouble for things out of your hands
Underpaid
Underappreciated
Honestly I could write a 60pg essay..

If you choose to work here all I can say is.. I’ll pray for you!!
Pros
No pros
Cons
All cons
Hard Work good Benefits.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 January 2018
Geox is a retailer so the hours are long and their is hard work that goes with it. Non traditional hours but, I enjoy that.

You work with a technology and fashion brand which is really cool. The rewards for your work are there and the people are great.
Pros
Free Shoes
Cons
Amazing company to work for. Opportunities for career advancement. Good team. Fantastic management (depends on the stores as well)
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC18 April 2017
If you are eager to learn and earn more - Geox will help you to do so.
Bonuses, contests, amazing shoes, and apparels are here for you as much as your involvement in achieving results for the company.
Pros
Opportunities to grow and amazing product
Cons
you need to contribute to get the results
Fun place to work
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 December 2016
I like the culture mostly at Geox, enjoyed communicating with new people on an everyday basis, I was part time, so I was able to work and go school and I was happy they were able to facilitate that.
Good experience
Store Manager St-Catherine's Street (Former Employee) –  Montreal Canada5 December 2016
Great job overall.

But we have to sell expensive product that do not work.

The company is doing very well in Europe but has a difficult time adapting to the american market.

The company is losing opportunities. They do not have half-sizes and their shoes are often to narrow for women. Wich makes it hard to make a sale even though a lot of people walk through their doors.

The rate of conversion is low and they blame the staff and management for bad business days.

They also put a lot of pressure on staff to sale shoe care products that doesn't work and expensive winter jackets that are NOT warm.
Pros
great salary
Cons
hard to make sales
Great place to work with
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 October 2016
There was a fun environment. It is great to deal with customers and I like the incentives they sometimes give to employees. Wish pay was a bit higher though.
Good place to work but no job security
Regional sales manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 May 2016
Great place to work, family type approach. Long term career not possible. Company does internal cleaning of personnel every 5 years,
Pros
Good working atmosphere
collaborative working environment
Sales Representatives (Former Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON19 December 2015
intensive working tasks. Required good communication skills. In the meantime, a good member should maintain good client relations by following company policy.
Tres bonne compagnie
GESTION (Former Employee) –  Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville, QC22 October 2015
Tres bonne compagnie
Expérience tres enrichissante
Par contre horraire complituelle
Respecte pas tous les rglement des norme du travail
Des journées pouvaient etre bonnes mais des fois des friction du à la gestion non comprehsive
Pros
Tres bonne commison si bonne vente
Cons
Devrait etre plus a lecoute des employes.
Workplace
Retail Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 September 2014
• Interacting with customers and fellow sales associates to provide a comfortable and cozy environment.
• Addressing any issues and/or concerns customers have regarding their service.
• Performing a variety of computer functions dealing with personal account information
and changes; including assistance with special projects.
• Maintained a friendly environment among customers and fellow colleagues.
• Actively involved in stock, inventory and cashier.
Very fast paced, autonomous company.
District Manager - BC Region (Former Employee) –  Vancouver BC3 May 2014
Was accountable for all aspect for the retail locations in my dstricts
Pros
fast paced, exciting, progressive, fun, growing and changing, Great earning potential.
Cons
Communication gaps, lack of strategic planning, lack of follow through, inconsistency, lack of work life balance
good benifits on product. nice way to build your shoes collection.
Sale Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 April 2013
Lack of communication and leadership between the office and the Management. It was a do as I say, Not as I do mentality. unable to see the issues and resolve them correctly.
No chain of leadership, too many hands in the pot. Also, too many opinion as to how the stores are merchandised and how store run day to day ops.

No Job Security or Life balance.
Pros
free shoes
Cons
mis-managed company from the top.
Environnement de Travail demandant et rapide.
District sales manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC9 April 2013
Management ressemblant de plus en plus aux grandes corporations Internationales base sur la performance et productivite intense des ventes et Kpi.
Collaborations tres limite du Bureau Central.
Style de management base sur l'autonomie et l'independence au travail. Environement axee sur l'entrepreneurship et l'autonomie d'action.
Aspect le plus difficile du poste est expliquer ou analyser en details les resultats du commerce qu'ils soient bon ou mauvais.
Aspect le plus agreable est l'autonomie et la grande confiance alloue par le bureau sans intervention reguliere de ce dernier.
Pros
avantages sociaux et gratuite de souliers uniformes
Cons
pas de systeme de fond de pension
Daily Business Management Duties
Director (Current Employee) –  Canada23 January 2013
Customer service issues
Store appearance Standards Follow-up
Associates Dress Code follow-up
KPI productivity follow-up with Associates
Inventory management issues and follow-up
On the moment Sales Coaching
Sales closure intervention and follow-up
Store operations issues and repair follow-up
Timetable and Payroll Management
Pros
remuneration & working conditions
Cons
no pension plan