GEORGIAN COLLEGE

• Overall satisfaction
  • Supportive environment
  • Clear sense of purpose

Collaborative work place.

Volunteering with the tax clinic was nice experience. I grew from the responsibility. It was challenging and rewarding to achieve a goal. I felt helpful as well.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

I could have done more

Volunteering as part of my program

I did taxes for students and it was pretty enjoyable. I had a nice office and the supervisor was supportive. I felt like I was having a positive impact on the clients and the community.

Pros

Supportive supervisor

Cons

Minimal amount of hours.

Excellent workplace

Georgian College has so many options for jobs and career opportunities and they’re flexible and competitive benefits. Work around your schedule and many possible class options

Pros

Excellent staff

Cons

Not enough hours

Great experience

I was a student in Georgian College. I had a better experience from the college. I also recommend this college to others for their better future. All the staff is good

Great environment

Great work environment. The teaching is very fulfilling and rewarding. as with every job it has its challenges, but it always ends on a positive note.

Fun place to work with lots of things to learn.

It was an amazing experience to work at Georgian. There are lots of different opportunities to explore and grow. Would definitely recommend someone to try working here.

Adjunct prof.

I worked on contract at Georgian for 6 years. I really enjoyed it. The reason for leaving was due to the program changing and not being able to continue.

Bad management

The cleaning staff is outsourced and the manager and supervisors are jokes. The work culture is very toxic and unprofessional. There are many rules that do not apply to certain employees, and it is a popularity contest.

Georgian was a great place to teach

Program coordinator was helpful and supportive. Students were great. Lots of freedom to be innovative in the classroom. Job security was a major challenge.

A good experience

Georgian College was a supportive, engaging place to work. I was only there for a short time as a contract employee but would definitely work for Georgian again if given the opportunity.

Exciting place to study and work

Georgian college is really a great institution for learning new things day by day and I enjoyed the environment in Georgian college. I recommed this college to my friends.

Cip

I worked at Georgian College through the community IMPACT Program and it was a very good experience where I learned a lot my supervisor was absolutely amazing

Georgian College

I worked at Georgian College for 12+ years and can only say good things about the organization. They provide a tremendous amount of growth opportunities and have a "family" type culture. The people who work there are what make the job most enjoyable.

Interior Design Program

A great place to work for 6 years....Too bad the change in the program made so many of our positions redundant. Really enjoyed teaching there for the colleagues and students worked really harmoniously.

Poor Leadership and Toxic Environment

Lack of authentic leadership and meaningful planning lead to a toxic culture and competitive departments. Interdepartmental communication is poor. Staff morale is low. Accountability is non-existent for senior leadership.

Really good

The supervisors are really professional and easy to work with. I am responsible to motivate students to speak English confidently with native speakers.

I didnt work there, I went to school there

Like is said above, but I had a wonderful time, my classmates were all like-minded and helped each other. Most of the classes were worthwhile and the teachers had a good grasp

Pros

Knowledgable and Supportive

Cons

Pay to Park, teachers and students

Part Time Professor

Teaching at G.C. is great! The faculty and students are very engaged in their work and school life. Supportive in all areas, the environment is very welcoming to part timers.

Excellent work atmosphere

During this role, my manager and I worked in a very fastpaced work environment, where we created an excellent work atmosphere allowing our customers to feel relax and comfortable, but at the same time helping us too.

Getting it done right

Georgian College is a great place to work even thou I'm on call. There is a great team put together day and night shift. The team is backed by an amazing Manager . He knows what needs to get done and allows us to succeed. Always keeping safety in mind.

Prductive and Fun

Georgian college, actually college is the best college in Canada but the place where the college situated is daam cool. ... But, overall college is doing excellent work from there side, they have many facilities like gym and athletic centre, library, extra learning centre, availability of all programs you want and etc.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GEORGIAN COLLEGE. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.3