GEORGIAN COLLEGE Employee Reviews

Project Management Capstone Researcher (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON8 May 2019
Graduate certificates give you the experience to fast-track into the workplace. The programs, spanning a variety of fields, have built-in work placements or real-world applied learning opportunities. They focus on developing the skills and experience employers are looking for.
Mgmt is atrocious
Payroll Clerk (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON29 April 2019
The trainer spent a lot of time making staff feel stupid. I don't think this is a problem with the whole organization, just with the payroll department.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Bad managers
good study enviorment
REGISTERED PRACTICAL NURSING STUDENT (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON21 April 2019
Georgian college is a good place to take your favourite course and manage your future, the most teachers or cordinator are helpful. I believe if u work hard, u can achieve your success
Its ok
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON17 April 2019
I am partial load instructor; the only way to get full time is by obtaining a masters degree, despite the fact that by abilities and strengths as a teacher surpass many of my colleagues
Pros
work from home when not teaching
Cons
lots of marking
amazing workplace
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON15 April 2019
management was top notch and treated everyone with respect. it was a lot of fun working with different people in many different atmospheres. I wish I could have worked there for the rest of my life.
Great place to work as a student
Vice President Public Relations (Current Employee) –  Owen Sound, ON30 March 2019
Very dynamic
Can work around my school and work schedule
Management is fantastic
Encourages successfulness
Pushes you out of your comfort zone
A sense of community
Pros
Flexible
Cons
1 year term
Great place to work, wish it was more secure
Computer Science Professor (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON1 March 2019
Georgian College is a great place to work. They have managed to strike a nice balance between autonomy and structure and I never felt like I wasn't supported by management. It's hard to not enjoy the workday when you're surround by eager students.

My only complaint as a part-time instructor was that there really wasn't any job security. I always managed to have enough teaching hours to earn a living, but there were no guarantees from semester to semester.
Pros
Culture, culture, culture
Cons
Job security
Summary
Educator (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON21 February 2019
Fun place to work. Salary changed so it was no longer worth working there. Hard to get ahead. Lots of nepotism/cronyism. Not a lot of support from above.
fun place to work
Prep Cook/ Storeroom Attendant (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON6 February 2019
worked in the kitchens as a part time cook, caterer, buffet worker. had an awesome boss, loved the vibe of the kitchens and they were fairly flexible about hours. the pay wasn't great but it got me by.
Pros
free food, great experience
Cons
couldn't work there after i finished my program
Good place to be open mind
Go Abroad Squad Co-creator (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON1 February 2019
Georgian College is a great place to learn about people, culture and how you should improve your communication skills at work. People are very friendly.
Great benefits and pension
HR (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON28 January 2019
Not much opportunity for advancement, but a very stable working environment with lots of great people. The pension and benefits are second to none. Location is also great.
A fantastic opportunity for growth
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON16 January 2019
A typical day at work was an opportunity to network and grow in the industry and really get to know all aspects of the company and how it worked. Every shift had new challenges and I loved the work environment.
Pros
Constantly Changing job description
Cons
Inconsistent work hours
Excellence and Prefection
Information Technology Specialist (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON21 November 2018
Georgian College is a soft start to greater challenges in Digital and Visual Computer Arts and Sciences.
Strong overall requirements and timely grading is a definite key to a bright career engagements and human interconnection experience.
Amazing faultily support for new teachers
Duel credit baking instructor (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON30 July 2018
The training I was offered to assist in my position as a duel credit instructor was amazing, including time spent in the class room with a seasoned instructor to online learning through the companies training programs.
Pros
continued support as required
Administrative Assistant
Student Support Services (Former Employee) –  Parry Sound, ON23 July 2018
When the Parry Sound Campus was open, it was a very busy, very social workplace. Many students taking different courses. Upgrading education or starting new Careers
Pros
Working at an Educational Institution
Cons
contract
Workplace Summary
Part-time Member Services - Fitness Centre (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON7 June 2018
It was a very relaxing environment with a lot fun staff members, everyone working for the college are more then happy to help with any needs that you have or questions
community college
Chef (lunch/ dinner) | The Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON6 June 2018
Im new to the college and the place too..but till now whatever i have experience i feel its one of the best colleges in barrie. The management system is quite impressive and for the international students the college have given all the effort to make things easier for them.
There willingness to help me succeed was incredible.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Owen Sound, ON21 May 2018
The work environment was empowering and supportive. If my coworkers didn't have the answer for me then they would find out who did. Team work means everything to them and they practice it every moment of every day.
Pros
Knowledge is Power!
Cons
suc an amazing place to work
Brew crew team member (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON17 April 2018
I loved working for Georgian colleges brew crew. such amazing people and a great place for a business or marketing student to get a start. definitely recommend for a first time student.
Professional Working Environment
Marketing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON17 April 2018
As part-time student, I am allowed to work flexible.
Colleagues are very helpful and friendly
Professional environment, we are being trained to deal with some situations
Pros
Flexible hours