GEORGIAN COLLEGE Employee Reviews

Professional Working Environment
Marketing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON17 April 2018
As part-time student, I am allowed to work flexible.
Colleagues are very helpful and friendly
Professional environment, we are being trained to deal with some situations
Pros
Flexible hours
Social Event promoter
SCHOOL COUNCIL DIRECTOR (Current Employee) –  Orillia, ON2 April 2018
This job was a delight. Working took place in a social, friendly environment that worked incredibly well with my school schedule. The hardest part of the job would be the occasional miscommunication but the most enjoyable part was all the new relationships/friendships I made.
Pros
Highly Social environment
Cons
Short hours, inconsistent hours, low pay
fun workplace
International Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON26 March 2018
Overall excellent experience. Good job experience. Nice colleagues. Gain good skills. Lots of friends, lots of knowledge and proficient knowledge of everything.
my review went well they were happy with my result.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Owen Sound, ON22 March 2018
At Georgian College in Owen Sound
first start as apprenticeship for one year wish I learning how to manage a kitchen and after the year was over all my teacher like my job. I got a offer for a job to cook for the college staff, everyone were happy with my work.
Pros
yes free lunch
Cons
30 hour for week
Recruitment Assistant (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON22 March 2018
Management is respectful and there is great workplace culture within the department. Great work/life balance here and the college pays very well to its employees
good environnement
ESL Professor (Former Employee) –  Narrie, ONtario, Canada16 March 2018
Georgian was a very good place to work. The students and faculty were wonderful. I enjoyed my time there as I was able to teach in India on behalf of the college and met and worked with wonderful faculty and staff.
Great College to work for.
Thai Cooking Instructor (Former Employee) –  Owen Sound, ON4 March 2018
it was a great experience to be able to teach here for one semester. The College admin was super nice and helpful. Great class I had taught and really enjoyable moment with this College.
Great pleasure to be a tutor for me at Georgian College
Business Tutor (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON24 January 2018
The most enjoyable part of the work is the meeting with students and helping them to understand the topic they are not comfortable.
I like to see and monitor the progress they have step by step.
Productive and fun workplace and study place
Cafe server (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON23 January 2018
I really enjoyed working here, Staff and co-workers are so respectful and friendly that a person, especially like me (an international student) feels like family here.
Flexable unsupervised
Electronic Motor Controller Professor (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON9 January 2018
Construct your own lesson and teach them as you will. No real standard to speak of. No room for advancement. Students can get demanding. The work after hours are very demanding.
Pros
Unsupervised
Cons
Many after hours work
Extremely rewarding place to work
Electrical Engineering Technology Instructor (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON18 December 2017
Georgian College was an excellent place to work. Educating people with the knowledge a person has gained in their education along with work experience was a fun and challenging career.
positive nursing leadership
Nurse Clinical Instructor (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON17 December 2017
Quality orientation into clinical instructor position. Many resources at the school are very helpful. Students are generally happy and enjoy how their program is structured. It was evident that the theory and lab teachings were concrete and prepared studies well for their clinical placements.
Great learning environment and place to work
SCHEDULING OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON6 December 2017
I have learned a lot during my time at Georgian. I only wish there was more opportunity for staff to become permanent full time, because there are way too many people that are stuck in contracts or part-time positions.
Pros
Great learning environment
Cons
Not a lot of opportunity to have a permanent position
Took the welding fundamentals and fabrication course
Microsoft Certified System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON18 November 2017
This was a very good course. I got to learn about the different types of welding and positions. Learned how to read blue prints, different types of metal and how heat affects the metal and welds. Learned about welding equipment and setup procedures along with safety.
Pros
A great career to get into
Cons
welding fumes
Good school
Nursing Student Placements (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON28 October 2017
The college is great but the nursing program is very unorganized and the teachers don't communicate very well when it come to the placements. Teachers are not on the same page when it comes to the work they expect.
good working environment at international centre
KIA Team Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON14 October 2017
It is a place to met many professional people . And learning about customer serve and marking skills. MOST enjoyable part of the job is people can sharing ideas and working toward the bigger goal.
the Place develop a good work habits include time management , team work.
Accepting and learning development for staff
PSW Instructor (Former Employee) –  Orangeville, ON2 October 2017
Working at Georgian College was a very positive experience for me. Management of students' assignments was challenging. The students were wonderful and eager to learn. Clinical placements was an opportunity to understand the students needs as they developed their caring skills.
Professional Development Opportunities
Communications Professor (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON2 October 2017
Georgian College at the time when I last worked there had many professional development opportunities which I valued. I always wanted to excel and be the best instructors I could be!
Pros
Great company culture
Cons
Unpaid hours for grading
Very Nice
Event Chef (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON26 September 2017
It is a educational enviroment that provided catering services to different parts of the school and MDCA operated events. Great working with a variety of chefs that have done cooking from around the world and each specialize differently
Numerous opportunities for growth
Promotions/Workshop Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON25 September 2017
Wide variety of tasks and roles to grow and challenge oneself. Supportive framework of staff, very encouraging. Increased me comprehension and skill set particularly with event planning and facilitation of special events.