GEORGIAN COLLEGE Employee Reviews

Excellence and Prefection
Information Technology Specialist (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON21 November 2018
Georgian College is a soft start to greater challenges in Digital and Visual Computer Arts and Sciences.
Strong overall requirements and timely grading is a definite key to a bright career engagements and human interconnection experience.
Amazing faultily support for new teachers
Duel credit baking instructor (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON30 July 2018
The training I was offered to assist in my position as a duel credit instructor was amazing, including time spent in the class room with a seasoned instructor to online learning through the companies training programs.
Pros
continued support as required
Administrative Assistant
Student Support Services (Former Employee) –  Parry Sound, ON23 July 2018
When the Parry Sound Campus was open, it was a very busy, very social workplace. Many students taking different courses. Upgrading education or starting new Careers
Pros
Working at an Educational Institution
Cons
contract
Workplace Summary
Part-time Member Services - Fitness Centre (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON7 June 2018
It was a very relaxing environment with a lot fun staff members, everyone working for the college are more then happy to help with any needs that you have or questions
community college
Chef (lunch/ dinner) | The Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON6 June 2018
Im new to the college and the place too..but till now whatever i have experience i feel its one of the best colleges in barrie. The management system is quite impressive and for the international students the college have given all the effort to make things easier for them.
There willingness to help me succeed was incredible.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Owen Sound, ON21 May 2018
The work environment was empowering and supportive. If my coworkers didn't have the answer for me then they would find out who did. Team work means everything to them and they practice it every moment of every day.
Pros
Knowledge is Power!
Cons
suc an amazing place to work
Brew crew team member (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON17 April 2018
I loved working for Georgian colleges brew crew. such amazing people and a great place for a business or marketing student to get a start. definitely recommend for a first time student.
Professional Working Environment
Marketing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON17 April 2018
As part-time student, I am allowed to work flexible.
Colleagues are very helpful and friendly
Professional environment, we are being trained to deal with some situations
Pros
Flexible hours
Social Event promoter
SCHOOL COUNCIL DIRECTOR (Current Employee) –  Orillia, ON2 April 2018
This job was a delight. Working took place in a social, friendly environment that worked incredibly well with my school schedule. The hardest part of the job would be the occasional miscommunication but the most enjoyable part was all the new relationships/friendships I made.
Pros
Highly Social environment
Cons
Short hours, inconsistent hours, low pay
fun workplace
International Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON26 March 2018
Overall excellent experience. Good job experience. Nice colleagues. Gain good skills. Lots of friends, lots of knowledge and proficient knowledge of everything.
my review went well they were happy with my result.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Owen Sound, ON22 March 2018
At Georgian College in Owen Sound
first start as apprenticeship for one year wish I learning how to manage a kitchen and after the year was over all my teacher like my job. I got a offer for a job to cook for the college staff, everyone were happy with my work.
Pros
yes free lunch
Cons
30 hour for week
Recruitment Assistant (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON22 March 2018
Management is respectful and there is great workplace culture within the department. Great work/life balance here and the college pays very well to its employees
good environnement
ESL Professor (Former Employee) –  Narrie, ONtario, Canada16 March 2018
Georgian was a very good place to work. The students and faculty were wonderful. I enjoyed my time there as I was able to teach in India on behalf of the college and met and worked with wonderful faculty and staff.
Great College to work for.
Thai Cooking Instructor (Former Employee) –  Owen Sound, ON4 March 2018
it was a great experience to be able to teach here for one semester. The College admin was super nice and helpful. Great class I had taught and really enjoyable moment with this College.
Great pleasure to be a tutor for me at Georgian College
Business Tutor (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON24 January 2018
The most enjoyable part of the work is the meeting with students and helping them to understand the topic they are not comfortable.
I like to see and monitor the progress they have step by step.
Productive and fun workplace and study place
Cafe server (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON23 January 2018
I really enjoyed working here, Staff and co-workers are so respectful and friendly that a person, especially like me (an international student) feels like family here.
Flexable unsupervised
Electronic Motor Controller Professor (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON9 January 2018
Construct your own lesson and teach them as you will. No real standard to speak of. No room for advancement. Students can get demanding. The work after hours are very demanding.
Pros
Unsupervised
Cons
Many after hours work
Extremely rewarding place to work
Electrical Engineering Technology Instructor (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON18 December 2017
Georgian College was an excellent place to work. Educating people with the knowledge a person has gained in their education along with work experience was a fun and challenging career.
positive nursing leadership
Nurse Clinical Instructor (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON17 December 2017
Quality orientation into clinical instructor position. Many resources at the school are very helpful. Students are generally happy and enjoy how their program is structured. It was evident that the theory and lab teachings were concrete and prepared studies well for their clinical placements.
Great learning environment and place to work
SCHEDULING OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON6 December 2017
I have learned a lot during my time at Georgian. I only wish there was more opportunity for staff to become permanent full time, because there are way too many people that are stuck in contracts or part-time positions.
Pros
Great learning environment
Cons
Not a lot of opportunity to have a permanent position