GEORGIAN COLLEGE

GEORGIAN COLLEGE Employee Reviews

Canada143 reviews
Georgian College has so many options for jobs and career opportunities and they’re flexible and competitive benefits. Work around your schedule and many possible class options
Pros
Excellent staff
Cons
Not enough hours
I was a student in Georgian College. I had a better experience from the college. I also recommend this college to others for their better future. All the staff is good
Great work environment. The teaching is very fulfilling and rewarding. as with every job it has its challenges, but it always ends on a positive note.
It was an amazing experience to work at Georgian. There are lots of different opportunities to explore and grow.
Would definitely recommend someone to try working here.
I worked on contract at Georgian for 6 years. I really enjoyed it. The reason for leaving was due to the program changing and not being able to continue.
The cleaning staff is outsourced and the manager and supervisors are jokes. The work culture is very toxic and unprofessional. There are many rules that do not apply to certain employees, and it is a popularity contest.
Program coordinator was helpful and supportive. Students were great.
Lots of freedom to be innovative in the classroom. Job security was a major challenge.
Georgian College was a supportive, engaging place to work. I was only there for a short time as a contract employee but would definitely work for Georgian again if given the opportunity.
Georgian college is really a great institution for learning new things day by day and I enjoyed the environment in Georgian college. I recommed this college to my friends.
I worked at Georgian College through the community IMPACT Program and it was a very good experience where I learned a lot my supervisor was absolutely amazing
I worked at Georgian College for 12+ years and can only say good things about the organization. They provide a tremendous amount of growth opportunities and have a "family" type culture. The people who work there are what make the job most enjoyable.
A great place to work for 6 years....Too bad the change in the program made so many of our positions redundant.
Really enjoyed teaching there for the colleagues and students worked really harmoniously.
Lack of authentic leadership and meaningful planning lead to a toxic culture and competitive departments. Interdepartmental communication is poor. Staff morale is low. Accountability is non-existent for senior leadership.
The supervisors are really professional and easy to work with. I am responsible to motivate students to speak English confidently with native speakers.
Like is said above, but I had a wonderful time, my classmates were all like-minded and helped each other. Most of the classes were worthwhile and the teachers had a good grasp
Pros
Knowledgable and Supportive
Cons
Pay to Park, teachers and students
Teaching at G.C. is great! The faculty and students are very engaged in their work and school life. Supportive in all areas, the environment is very welcoming to part timers.
During this role, my manager and I worked in a very fastpaced work environment, where we created an excellent work atmosphere allowing our customers to feel relax and comfortable, but at the same time helping us too.
Georgian College is a great place to work even thou I'm on call. There is a great team put together day and night
shift. The team is backed by an amazing

Manager . He knows what needs to get

done and allows us to succeed.

Always keeping safety in mind.
Georgian college, actually college is the best college in Canada but the place where the college situated is daam cool. ... But, overall college is doing excellent work from there side, they have many facilities like gym and athletic centre, library, extra learning centre, availability of all programs you want and etc.
Great people and environment. It's always enjoyable to come into work. Teams are highly collaborative and great to work with.
Great growth opportunities exist.
A day at work always involved ensuring that the workplace met and rose above standards for a cooking and baking environment. Students were then in charge of their own learning and baking, with provided help if need be. All tasks were completed in a timely manner by all groups for effective group learning. The two teachers were always kind enough to help. Students were always kind and light-hearted. Once or twice baking plans had to be changed depending on provisions of baking goods. The entire class as a whole was positive, as baking is enjoyable.