Georgian Bay General Hospital

Georgian Bay General Hospital Employee Reviews

Overall average

GBGH is a great hospital to start out at - small town hospital feel. Unfortunately there are a lot of internal issues that prevent GBGH from being an excellent employer. GBGH is a good stepping stone to other opportunities or better opportunities within the organization. There have been a lot of hard working and knowledgeable staff who have left the organization.•RPN’s have very little opportunity for advancement, RN’s have lots of opportunities • Management bulling/mistreatment of staff• Scheduling is a major issue - management is aware this is an issue, refuses to resolve. Very disorganized and no communication. RPN’s work 3 weekends every month, Negatively impacts work/life balance. Lots of 8 hour shifts, needs to be overhauled and switched to all 12HR shifts, for better staff coverage and budget handling. Part time schedules never seem to make sense.• Nurse/patient ratio is high• Nurse burn out and turn over

Pros

Small town hospital, good experience for new graduates

Cons

Work/life balance, low advancement for different opportunities

Loves this place

I love working there I learned so much I loved the Rehab team. I did my co-op there in college and they hired me on as a permanent employee. The people on my team were very knowlegable

: Difficult work environment. Poor staff mo

Poor management and staff moral. Difficult to grow in position. Managers don't comply with union standards. This creates tension and poor staff moral.

Awful place

Extremely poor management! Lack of health and safety, if you want to pretend to work and pretend to know what you’re talking about, you will do great!

Morale very poor

Not a nice place to work. Does have a pension plan though. Consultants brought to perform and audit staff survey. Results indicated poor job security and low staff morale

Dont do it

Seems like a great opportunity until you realize how depressed the majority the employees are from years of cutting back on front line staff to hire more management. While they try to figure out why people are so unhappy at work there...the money is good if youre okay with trading your soul and well being for a middle class job.

Poor Management, lack of respect and encouragement, bullying staff

Management esp. on North are rude and lack empathy for their employees. Nurses are a warm body that fill a slot and then are mistreated and bullied by long-term nursing staff, security personnel, management, family members. Do not work there if you want your spirit crushed!!!

Good Hospital workplace, structured training and good daily routines

Well-kept hospital facility, newer Emergency Dept completed fall of 2018. Cleaning of busy hospital with additional duties as required. Interaction with patients at all levels from admittance, Emergency and all wards. Very physical work. Good work environment.

Challenging work, with no end in sight.

It was an interesting place to work until I was "reorganized" out of the organization. Always lots of work to do and a lot of challenging cases to deal with.

Pros

Amazing employees within the company that genuinely care about each other and their patients.

Cons

As a management member, you can be reorganized out at a moments notice.

Poorly Managed

Would never recommend this establishment for anyone to work. Staff come and go thru the revolving door and many think they have the power but truly don't. Many are rude...Not to mention a few Dr.'s are rude and need to improve on their people skills. so many unhappy people, why would you want to continue working here...I don't recommend working here it will destroy you, the negative vibe people that is.

Pros

One can obtain experience here

Cons

Poor Nurse Managers/Health Records Manager

Horrible Place to Work

Management doesn't care about staff at all and that poisionous attitude filters down to the staff backstabbing talking behind eachothers backs. No one knows if they will have a job next week or if they will be walked out/laid off and their job outsourced to attempt to save money then the upper management gives themselves bonuses. Stay away at all costs!!

Not a good place to work if you have bad nerves

I didn't get very good training and it was at a time when they were switching to a new computer system. The people were great but it wasn't the right fit for me.

Fun and Enjoyable Place to Work

The staff there is for the most part really good and easy to get along with, everyone know what they are doing and is professional in the field. The staff there is very helpful and willing to teach you if you don't know something or are struggling.

Pros

The Staff

Cons

Long Hours

Unhealthy

Use to be a great place to work years ago. Would i work there again? Never, with what I feel has become a toxic work environment, no work/life balance, the feeling of being constantly watched, low moral. Concerns voiced appear to fall on deaf ears.

Productive workplace,++ overtime available

Great workplace,work life balance was difficult to manage with night shifts etc. Staff and co workers became like a family. Very supportive HR department.

Pros

overtime

Cons

politics

Enjoyed my work but workplace culture was not progressive.

Workplace saw many changes during my 11 years there. Needed to become a more progressive environment to keep up with Healthcare standards in the rest of the province in terms of technology, workplace culture, employee satisfaction. Improvemetns were made but still more were required.

great workplace

I love the small town feel this hospital has and the staff are so friendly and helpful. great working experience lots of room for trying out new fields and a lot of support in doing so.

Pros

small hospital

Cons

not many ammenities

Energetic and motivating place to work

I have learned many things working at the Hospital that I will take with me through life. And have made loyal friends that helped made my work experience so fun. Love interacting with the public and being helpful.

Pros

everyday was different from the next

Cons

dealing with the sick and lonely

Small Town Hospital

As a small hospital each floor can have patients from the age of 1 - 101. It requires a very broad skill set and the ability to look after a multitude of different patients with a variety of illnesses.

Excellent learning environment for a student

Working as a student nurse at Georgian Bay General was a fun and sometimes hectic experience. The mornings were always the busiest time of the day, and then things began to slow down as the day went on. I learned a lot during my time there and got the opportunity to practice various nursing and communication skills. An actual nurse was always around somewhere if I needed help with something and they were always kind and informative. Since this was a student placement for school I had to rate the salary/benefits as a one star because I wasn't paid anything.

Pros

Working with all types of people.

Cons

Working with all types of people.

Horrible Place to work

Starts out okay.. than you start to see just how little G4S cares vfor their employees. uniforms are never "in stock" becasue they want to keep the 45 pairs of the size of pants you want in stock for people closer in case of emergency... when you have a question they never respond to you.. if management cared about there employees.. this would be a great place to work. i was lucky and had an awesome supervisor at my site, but her boss and the boss representing g4s were not a employee first management person

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Georgian Bay General Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8