Georgia-Pacific

Georgia-Pacific Employee Reviews in Thorold, ON

Great to place to work and paid well with great pension and benefits. The employees had to work together to accomplish daily duties. It took awhile to move up in this company as it was a union position with seniority getting the move ups.
The best company I have ever worked for. Everything from the pay to benefits were great. It was a good work culture. Very high on safety there. Just too bad it had to close.
Worked at Georgia Pacific on a call in basis. I was finally hired on a full time basis I quickly learned how to operate the machinery and Management was very fair and easy to work for. Unfortunately, a few weeks later Georgia Pacific closed their doors for good.
Pros
Great salary and location
Cons
The mill closed
Great place to work with plenty of up dated training and knowledge on health and saftey as well as machine tending knowledge we were always being schooled by the company with plenty of advancements.
Pros
advancement training and overtime
Cons
shift work can be difficult
Team Meeting with Safety First and Foremost Prepare Job Task & Take no Risks Work as a Team Together Report Job Progress to Team Leaders Help Co-Workers with any Issues Being able to Work in All Conditions, Hot or Cold Being Treated with Dignity and Respect, Daily!
Pros
No injuries
Cons
Service Calls 24/7
A typical day at work was to focus and dedicate 100% to every task undertook. My co-workers and the management team each contributed in all aspects of learning new skills and assisted me in expanding my capabilities. The hardest part of my job was not knowing which of the variables were going to affect the process of my duties, as each day throughout the day we dealt with several variable circumstances. However, working as a team made each day more interesting and together we always succeeded. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with a great team of co-workers.
Pros
I worked with several good hardworking people.
Cons
The only cons I can think of is that the mill is shutting down.