George Brown College
Happiness score is 83 out of 100

George Brown College: 378 Employee Reviews

Canada378 reviews

Helpful and Supported Environment

Although they only pay you minimum wage for doing a TA's job, it was fun to help the first year students. Additionally the supervisors were very supporting and helpful

Temporary

Only for the paycheck, it was tolerable at best. Management and team had no communication and it showed. No leadership, a lot of bullies from management, power tripping was rampant and you get treated less than human. Thank God the job wasn't forever.

Insights into George Brown College

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Inclusive work environment

Flexible and enjoyable

Great place to work. Loved the 8week stints, allowing breaks for travel etc. Opportunities to work overseas. Good pay, supportive management. However, health benefits not included.

Great engaging work environment

Great people, great culture and engaging work all at GBC. Enjoy continuous learning and being part of this great community. The faculty and student body are a great group.

Good way to test yourself

Tutoring students and helping them diagnose issues with their at home setups and software required for school is a great way to test your skills and knowledge. The management is friendly and understanding.

Good

It was a college project. management is good and peers wre good.Not much pressure and helps to advance your career. Thank you

Not the worst but definitely not the best

It was not the most equal treatment at times. I often did not enjoy what I did as they made me feel as though I was inferior. They acted like they were considerate of my concerns, but little progress was ever really made. And they forced to quit during the pandemic when they were aware that my children were schooling at home. I found that thus was the most disgusting move of all and am happy to have cut ties.

Pros

Free snacks

Cons

I wasn't treated as en equal. They often made me feel beneath them.

great place to work

loved working for george brown, great envoirnment , great people, great pay.my bosses and surpervisiors were supportive and always cared for my needs.

Enjoyed the immediate staff and management

It was great! Management was flexible and friendly. Lots of red tape to get stuff done. Lots of hierarchy with staff levels. For the most part it was great though

Pros

Great salary, job safety

Cons

unionization made it hard to make good changes

Peaceful and supportive environment!

Great place to work as it gives you a sense of belonging. I felt valued for my hard work and earned respect from other staff, supervisors, and parents. The happy environment at work generates positive energy.

super fun

everyone is generally nice. if you finish packing and all assigned tasks quickly, you can chill for most of your shift. perfect job if you're a student looking to make quick money

Pros

good workplace culture

Great Place To Work

Great Company and Great Coworkers. Atmosphere is great as well as the environment. Overall very happy working here. Fast paced and teamwork is present

Terrible place to work in!

This wasn't a respectful place to work in. Management hired some people in senior positions for reasons other than competence or professional experience, who in turn foster an environment of disrespect, harassment, and aggression.

Productive and fun place to work

Everyone is very professional and nice there. Very happy work there.It was a lot of things to learn because we need to do a lot of homework to improve our skills.

Pros

It was a lot of things to learning.

Cons

It was a lot of homework to do.

Excellent job for students

This job is ideal for students who want to learn more about their school and feel supported by their communities. This job will also allow you to hone communication skills.

Pros

Nice coworkers Supportive management Flexible hours

Cons

Less hours than ideal

Loved working here as a clinical instructor

Great place to work, make you feel valued and management is supportive. Pay is fair for the work put in. Opportunity for advancement. Would love to go back one day.

Good union job with opportunities on evenings and weekends before Covid19

- Typical day starts with signing people in for the morning and then afternoon session - The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the very nice, smart and educated staff. Pizzas and appetizers like Tim Bits were also provided once in a while to spice things up - Union environment with everything defined by the collective agreement - Getting to work can be tough on weekends especially with a morning shift but plenty of paid parking around

Pros

Good downtown Toronto location, Good pay and benefits including pension, Full training is provided, Professional employer, Free tuition for employees

Cons

Covid19 has impacted the role a lot, Roles above $100k aren't many

Productive work[lace

Productive workplace and so much welcoming . Diverse workplace with many cultures mixed as employees and as families and children that were coming from different backgrounds and cultures which were so well mixed and have a good relationships with one another in this environment.

Pros

Free luches

Positive place to work

Most people are pleasant. It's a positive and well-balanced place to work.There are plenty of growth opportunities but only if you're part of the union. If you're a temporary worker, it's hard to grow in your career. Getting to be a part of the union is NOT easy.

Excellent casual part-time

Work schedule revolves around your timetable. Perfect job for students, decent pay. Great resume filler.Expect to put up with your lesser classmates.

Productive and lots of opportunities to learn from

A good and healthy mix of multicultural team. Very helping, understanding and cooperative team.Learnt PM activities, process improvements, mapping.Management was very supportive and helped with even experimentation with softwares.Casual work place, some fun activities and healthy dose of interaction

Pros

Simple and easy organizational structure

Ask a question about working or interviewing at George Brown College. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement