George Brown College Employee Reviews

excellent place to work
Services Assistant to complete daily tasks (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 November 2018
Regularly communicated with the Student Services Coordinator and the Student Services Assistant to complete daily tasks

Made contact with the student before the class to arrange a meeting to discuss their note taking preferences

Attention to detail required to deliver neat and legible penmanship, in addition to adequate spelling of unfamiliar names and terms
the staff around made it enjoyable and was helpful to me
Q Receptionist/ Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 September 2018
I would get there early near the start of my shift, and prep my work area for the day. Then, we would have student new or old come to me for question fitting for a receptionist and most of the times that all they would need and if it was beyond me, i would send them to student services for financial helping with shifting schedule and personal stuff etc.i do like when even when i'm not working they would thank me for making it easier on them.and some times like any customer services job you will get the rude stubborn one that wont listen and most those case its really out of my hand and a stuff member would help me out.
Pros
offer of food if you want/ events for staff, assistance with school, nice staff overall
Cons
just hard headed people typical of customer services jobs
Lots of
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 November 2018
Starting at 9:00 am with daily cash deposits, multitasking and communicating with the team. Meeting the deadlines and performing reconciliations. The fun part was working together and learning from each other. We had lots of social activites to build bond with our team members.
Pros
Social activities
Graduate of the school
Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 September 2018
I was a student there and it was an amazing place to learn. Equipment was top-notch and the instructors were the best in their field. Always willing to farther for those of us who were committed to learning. Can't recommend it enough.
Pros
Great place to learn.
Cons
Committed students were rare.
Its ok
Administrative Support Officer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 December 2018
I thought i was working for one of the best employers in Canada, this has proven to be untrue.
People are stuck in the same position for ten years, no mentoring.
Good for faculty
Pros
nice people
Cons
no opportunity for advancement
Productive and interactive
Student Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 September 2018
productive and full of educative tools. The environment is well equipped with work aids and equipment. Great people with strong work culture. Enjoyable environment to spend time the whole day.
Pros
Equiped with work aids and equipment
Cons
short contract
internship
Student (Current Employee) –  student30 December 2018
George Brown should provide, or if not recommend, opportunities for apprenticeship. It is very difficult to get apprenticeship with a company. I have graduate last April 2018 and still waiting to get an apprenticeship.
Instructor (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  St.James30 November 2018
Students are a delight to teach. Colleagues are very friendly and our director is very compassionate. Challenging to have contract after contract so hard to feel job security.
Pros
Respectable insituti
Fan work place, quiet
Photo - ID Technician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 September 2018
Show be patient dealing with young people, like kids. The environment is so quiet, everyone try to help you out. Everything is clean, the food court is small, but it can fit people comfortable.
Pros
The environment is so quiet, everyone try to help you out.
Cons
N/a
Good place for networking
Career Peer Coach (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 November 2018
At GBC you can interact with students all the time. Is a good place to develop presentation skills and learn about career. Employees have access to learning platforms like lynda.com.
Very poisitive place to work for
Facilities Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 November 2018
I enjoy working for George Brown college, specifically where the diverse of cultural differences matter. Everyone is felt included regardless of their race/culture.
Average Employer
Community Action Centre Support Staff (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 September 2018
Employs George Brown Students only. Willing to work with students class schedule. Okay work environment but can be challenging with the emotional baggage of the other students.
Excellent Place to Work
Co-op Student (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 November 2018
Very clear guidelines to follow, no guesswork required. Great tips. Very nice place to work. There is always someone to assist you and train you further if necessary.
Good environment
Partial Load Professor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 November 2018
good place to work . Nice people . Good environment . Good management . Enjoyed workplace culture and having fun at college . Nice place to work and good for career.
Very Good
Security System Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 October 2018
This is an execellent company. They took care of their people and they provide assistance and guidance to their people. A better place for advancement and professional development
School Foundation
Vice President at Vietnamese Student Associations (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 September 2018
I really enjoy making new friends and hosting different activities for students in George Brown Colleg when working in Vietnamese Student Associations.
enjoyable
Works in co-ed pairs to escort (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 May 2018
An typical day at work would be :
escort George Brown College students, staff and guests to local parking lots, TTC stops or other buildings on campus, I would also
address any guest with questions and concerns regarding George browns locations and information, and as well do Nightly audits around the building.What I learned was that this position Provides excellent customer service. The workplace culture was very warming and diversity. Their wasn't anything hard about the job but i could say the most enjoyable part was talking to the guest .
Exciting
Patient Care (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 September 2018
The teachers were very knowledgable and always willing to help students. Enjoyed the diverse set of clients that came into the office. Always up for the challenge.
Pros
Diverse
Library Assistant
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 August 2018
I was basically helping students for general library needs. I was assisting students to print school related works, for copying and for basic computer works.
Productive and Fun
BIG BROTHER BIG SISTERS (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 July 2018
-Organized Events
- Learned management skills
-Very diverse included people of all cultures and different age groups
-Hardest part was to get everyone to agree on the same thing
Pros
Free snacks
Cons
Long meetings

Ask a question about working or interviewing at George Brown College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4