George Brown College

George Brown College Employee Reviews

Canada342 reviews
Fun workplace
very easy job and slow paced work place. staff are very friendly and willing to help. students are awesome and will to collaborate as well. had a good time working there
Gerorge brown
Working at George Brown was a wonderful Experience as a Sr. Project manager I was given a lot of freedom to do my work. I was treated as a knowledgable member of the Project Team and invited to attend and present at the Project steering committee . I worked closely with senior management on the project and reported to the CFO. it was a very friendly environment.
Overall a good place to work
A good place to work, room to learn and advance throughout the college. Excellent benefits and the pay is good. Staff is friendly but very competitive.
Good learning experience
I studied typography at George Brown through an apprenticeship program. The course included history of printing processes, camera operation, film production, and typographic principles.
At Mid-level, its Great place to work
George Brown College provides various opportunities to grow while working there, the interview is a bit hard but if you are honest and exactly know what are you doing than you are good to go.
Productive and fun workplace, full of interaction
In my current volunteer position as International Ambassador at George Brown, I have learned a lot with the team, Ambassadors, and George Brown College staff.
excellent for a community/social/service worker
I enjoy interacting with all the students of different ages and backgrounds. Counselling, informing, directing, coaching, facilitating were some of the skills I used daily which was rewarding for me. It was always a pleasure to see the result of my intervention after my intervention with each student/person I delivered services.
Pros
Constant training and upgrading intra and interpesonal skills
Cons
not enough hours, and not enough support from supervisors
Very supportive management
Great place to work. Management is very supportive of the students as well as the teachers alike. Truly living up to its reputation as one the best places to work for.
Student
I was a student here. The projects we worked on were given to us to develop our hans on skills for the industry. I did not get paid for this work but it was showcased in the year end show.
Good Place to work
Staff with meaningful work, responsive management, opportunities for advancement and a comprehensive benefits package. They offer competitive salaries. They have systems in place for employees to receive recognition for their individual performance and the overall success of the College.
productive place to wor
writing notes for students who need extra help
must know how to write fast

must be a good listener

must be patient with what you do

enjoyable part is helping stidents
I wish I was still employed with GBC
Pay rate was competitive at the timeframe it was not minimum wage.
I enjoyed working at George Brown College, while attending there and wishedI could of continued.
Would recommend
Good side job will attending college. Flexible hours and great free training . The TLC also has amazing employers who are kind, understanding and very supportive. The only downside is limited hours - you can’t go passed a certain amount.
Multicultural environment
Well diverse company, where you meet a variety of individuals who have something unique to share and contribute to the team. Multiple locations available as well as opportunities to grow as an employee.
Wonderful people
Wonderful people and very supportive manager. The School of ECE will support you. It's a great place to work. Workplace culture is very important to this team.
Very Productive
You learn a lot while working, easy going, excellent work ethic, the work culture is awesome, everyone here enjoy working and learning same time. Lots of good folks to work with.
Supportive Management
An environment that provides adequate support in order for staff to grow and thrive in educational field.

Managing different workshops to support student's study-work-life balance.
Great place to work.
You learn a lot working on campus. You learn different topics and interact with students outside of your program. Overall its a great way to earn that pocket money while staying in school
Enjoyable and productive workplace.
A college preferred by students who are open to learning. Professors are experienced people who have proven themselves in their fields. Location is very close to downtown and public transportation
Great job for new grads
A friend who was a year behind me (in the same program) recommended me for tutoring, since they were looking for someone in one of my courses. I only tutored a few subjects and has a couple students. This was a good fit for me.Typical schedule is during class hours, or evenings.
Pros
Great opportunity to share knowledge
Cons
hours are limited
Free meals
It was an overall great experience apart from that I would say the management was pretty poor in terms of understanding the staff needs and the burden of work
Ask a question about working or interviewing at George Brown College. Our community is ready to answer.
4.3