GeoPro Consulting Ltd
Happiness score is 34 out of 100
View all GeoPro Consulting Ltd reviews

GeoPro Consulting Ltd

GeoPro Consulting Ltd Employee Review

Chinese engineers, technicians from different countries.

It's a growing engineering company trying to survive in Toronto. Chinese workplace culture, typically work long hours when you get an office job.Not too bad place to work for a few years at least.Company's definitely growing, and trying to improve their system though.

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Same role

Questionable practices and high turnover rate

If you are willing, they will provide you opportunities that may not match your needs and expect you to fulfil these new tasks without any additional compensation. They expect you to work long hours and will actually tell you that leaving on time will reflect negatively on you. In addition, things our of your control may get blamed on you but it's all part of the job.Despite many of the shortcomings of this company, it is fairly easy to get started at this company for short term experience. They have a specific way of doing things and will not change despite the large backlash.

Pros

Short term experience, Free food on occasion

Cons

Long hours, very low pay, everyone around you will be new as well so you make things up as you go

Great for Career Development

Geopro is a developing consulting firm that provides ample opportunities for whoever is up to pursue a career in the consulting world. It has a fast-paced, friendly and career-oriented working environment. On one hand, Geopro has a high expectation of its employees. The company is involved in large municipality projects because of its quality of work and reputation in the industry, and the seniors want you to work hard for those standards. So the job can be difficult for those who has little to no knowledge of geotech, hydrogeology etc. On the other hand, the seniors are exceptionally forgiving towards new employees. Unlike other small firms, where "you stumble and you leave". In Geopro, You can "learn from your mistakes", and the senior "show you the ropes". (Of course that does not mean you can slack off) I joined Geopro in the COVID-19 period. The pay was not competitive. But once i started to work, I found the owner was generous with spending money on getting his employees geared properly. When the business was slow and the profit was low, i am comfort with my pay on top of the invaluable working experience. At the end of the day, no one becomes rich by working for others. Here is my 2 cents before all the haters down-voting me to oblivion.

Pros

career

Cons

Low Pay
Same role

the worst experience I’ve ever had

I want to share the worst experience I’ve ever had. Starting from the interview, the owner will call you suddenly without any notice. And he wants to start to work on the same day you got an interview. While, he will ask you to do job training for 3 weeks without payment, which they call ‘voluntary job’. I was hired as a geotechnical technician however, they will start to teach you about coordinating work which is not bad, but you will get tons of work day and night. What I do not like the company, most of workers are newbie as you, so they really do not know what they do. You can ask a couple of questions to your coworkers, but keep in mind they also entered the company a few months ago. However, I believe people are nice and kind. Here are the lists what I experienced at GeoPro 1. The manager and owner send messages over the weekend, weekday even after 10pm. 2. While we are working at home, they suddenly call me and ask for meeting at office without any notice, but it was useless meeting. 3. They pay less, you might start from 15 or 16 dollar. Keep in mind, you need to work day and night. 4. They call me to ask for work at 9pm. I always need to stand by for their order. 5. Your coworkers will leave soon or later. They are also stressed out. I know it is hard time to get a job and opportunity during this period, but please do not waste your time and energy at this company.

Pros

fast learning

Cons

long hours, pay less

Official response from GeoPro Consulting Ltd

23 July 2020
We're sorry to hear about your bad experience.As a Geotechnical company, we are very busy and the work is usually demanding. This, of course, requires adaptability to fast-paced environments when entering these types of fields of work and we are understanding that not all personality types suit these types of environments. We have a new HR team and are working to improve and do better.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GeoPro Consulting Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement
  • GeoPro Consulting Ltd
  • Chinese engineers, technicians from different countries.