GeoPro Consulting Ltd Employee Reviews

Best Company
Assistant Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 April 2019
If you are a loser this is not the company for you. If you are a winner, this is the one. The projects are high profile projects. The seniors are so experienced.
Pros
Good Experiences, good seniors, good projects, good bonus
Cons
Longer hours, stressful
low pay with less security and safety care for employees
Geotechnical Engineer assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 April 2019
If you have experience in engineering field, then this company would be the last choice. Students in school might gain some experience here with very low pay and extra load of work.
Pros
experience for students
Cons
extra load of work, low pay
A company with a clear career path
Intermediate Engineer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 April 2019
It is the best not one of the best company in GTA for the people who care about the career. Hard work is a must, but the reward is huge, huge and huge. The salary is okish, but the bonus is huge, huge and huge. Only hard working guys are compensated huge, huge and huge.
Pros
Very good career path very well after the second year here. great projects.
Cons
longer hours
First 4 weeks working here, I have been so amazed
Geotechnical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 April 2019
It is a total different company compared with other company I ever worked for. People are helping each other like brothers/sisters. The seniors are so knowledgeable and so nice. Everyone is working so hard. I never see a good team like this one here. The training is so good. I feel so lucky. You will feel the stress but no one actually pushes you in an unreasonable way, which is very good. So I can grow with my own pace.
Pros
Good People, Good Bosses, good training, a lot to learn
Cons
longer hours, a bit more stress
Best Company Ever worked for
Engineer in Training (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 April 2019
Compared with my previous companies ( one with 10 employees one with over 10,000 people a global company), the company is the best. In a too big company, you are nothing but a number. I did nothing but repeating one single job for 2 years. I feel being wasted. I learned one skill set only in 2 years. For the small company, they care nothing but money, the boss was so so so cheap. There was no growth in my 3 years there. They maintained 10 people for over 10years. There was no career growth path for me.

In this company, it is a fantastic company. They have a wonderful culture, best training and mentoring, coaching, etc. In one year, I learned more than my last 5 years in other companies. They paid low at the beginning, but they give you a huge huge huge raise if they find you are a valuable person.

The only thing i regret is that I should not have wasted my other 5 years somewhere else. I should have had started my career with this company.
Pros
good culture, good training, good people, not political stuff
Cons
work longer hours
Fast Growing Amazing Company
Junior Engineer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 March 2019
The interview is relatively easy. Not too much tech questions being asked. The people are nice. The projects they do are amazing and are huge projects with a very high profile. The training are so good. I feel I learn a lot more than I learn from school in 4 year within a year or so.
Pros
Good Projects. Good Training. Good Culture
A Wonderful Company for newbies
Junior Engineer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 March 2019
A wonderful company culture.

It is not a company for lazy fooling around people. People help people in the company.

Initial pay was a bit low but they give good raise once you prove yourself.
Pros
Very good culture. Nice co-workers, the best training and coaching. Very good senior engineers who are so willing to teach you.
Cons
a bit lower pay, fast pace, longer hours
Chaotic unorganized demanding workplace
Hydro-geological Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 March 2019
They don't tell you in the interview but my first day they gave me a volunteering disclosure agreement that said I agreed to be unpaid for two weeks while I was in training to POSSIBLY get an offer at the end of it. There's no reciprocal relationship with the company all they do is take all your time and energy while you get a minimal wage in return. It probably works out to be minimum wage, if you're lucky.
Pros
experience
Cons
'volunteering' while training with no guarantee of job offer, long hours, no overtime, no definitive hours
Don't waste your time
Suoervidor (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON16 March 2019
I worked there for few months last year ,then resigned . was reluctant to write my review, but thought it's better to give advise for other people .guys don't even apply to this add . Every thing in this place is wrong,starting from unfair, unxperienced ,greedy management using the needs of people to work for experience and money..but there is no experience and no money ...only greed and funny concepts .company is getting work for redeculois cheep rates and pays redeculois cheep man hour .employees stay only few weeks till they get it then they go.si the company don't have any commutative experience .tow words ....don't waste your time
Pros
Cons
No management, no rules, no experience, low salaries, long hours
Worst place I ever worked
Environmental Field Technician (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON17 January 2019
They interviewed and selected me for a position and later informed of a pay-less two weeks of work as training. Mostly no one to train you and they expect a mountain full of knowledge from you. Field works are very good opportunity to learn but it is very hard at the same time, because it will be mostly you by yourself doing everything. Management is very poor, and they verily lack communication between them and also towards lower employees.
Pros
a chance of fast learning
Cons
very low pay, pay-less training, no guarantee on hours, poor management, lack communication, etc.
This is the worst environmental firm you can ever find around GTA, Maybe Ontario
Environmental Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 May 2018

Personally know 2 techs and 1 engineer from that firm. Geology engineer will be send to do traffic control for the first 3 month. Offer industry lowest pay rate ( minimum wage)

Minimum benefit and you are on temp worker for a long time.

Keep sending out low ball offer to win the bidding.

Highest turn over rate ever.

The owner came from Golder, he got some experience I have to give him that. In the interview he said "We all work timeless on the project", well what about over time pay?

just stay away
Pros
Gain some experience
Cons
So many to tell
Don't go here
Geo-Environmental Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON16 April 2018
Engineering title with less than the minimal wedge, owner expect you to be on call 24/7. He wants free labor rather than paying you anything. Absolutely no

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GeoPro Consulting Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9