GeoPro Consulting Ltd

Insights into GeoPro Consulting Ltd

Areas for improvement
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness

Good for individuals with no work experience

As someone who did not have previous work experience, I was glad to be hired by GeoPro Consulting. I expected a low wage and that is what I got, but I wish I was paid more because the work can be so physically demanding (I was hired as a driller), and the hours can sometimes be long (10+ hours in a day). I have learned a good amount at this company, but working here requires a certain level of independence and self-drive. Communication and organization is a weakness for the company at times, and I found myself having to seek out information by myself when I was not given adequate directions or instructions.

Pros

Good first job for experience, flexibility with respect to which days of the week you work

Cons

Low starting wage, long hours, physically demanding at times, inadequate communication and organization

don't come here

terrible experience in every way.Terrible owner, there's no middle management as anyone that can leave gets out of the company asap. You are given no training yet will get berated if your reports aren't absolutely perfect.

A great place to grow

The interview was a little unconventional. I found it more conversational and in that way more comfortable. After working at Geopro for a while, I started to appreciate the company's values which seem to based on working harder and smarter than other companies. The training was excellent and prepared me well for my role. The company's high requirements helped me to become a better and more valuable worker. I am grateful for the training and discipline I have received at Geopro as it has made me better at this critical time in my professional development. I can say that I enjoy the working atmosphere and feel that I am a better person for the experience.

Pros

great training

Stay away if you can. Last resort only.

Typical day: No supervision. No training, you just figure it out yourself. "Learn on the job". Follow others and learn from them.What I learnt: Boss doesn't care about staff. Treats them like garbage. Will fire you for making mistakes even if you are new.Management: Overworked. No time to train new people.Workplace culture: ToxicHardest part of job: Staying thereMost enjoyable: The day I leftOh and did I mention? Mandatory unpaid 2 weeks "training". Good luck.

Pros

Cons

Long hours, Low pay, No training

Productive and Organized

The company is growing in this difficult time, and we have more projects. It means I get busier but it would be better than sitting around. People are super busy and serious about their works, but keep a sense of humour and it eases tensions and lowers stress levels. Most people have good work ethics, and the workplace culture is good. Considering the company is only 5(?) yrs old, it's pretty well organized , and the managers answers my questions and ask my opinions, so I don't have many problem.

Pros

Free snacks

Cons

Free snacks run out very fast

Nice supervisor, Nice Company culture

My previous employer said my job was important, but they hardly treated me as a important person. My supervisor at GeoPro respects me and answers all my dumb questions during her crazy busy hours. She's very patient. and I learnt that it is the company culture to "share the knowledge" and "answer the questions". I am satisfied to have a nice supervisor and company culture.

Pros

company culture

Cons

Limited public Transportation

A good Company Growing with Employees

I am a current employee. There was some chaos in the beginning of the pandemic, and I have seen some people leave after a few days/weeks of employment, and it made more chaos. however I have seen managers and senior employees put extra effort to survive in this difficult time and improve the working conditions for the employees at the same time. And we are still surviving, and actually receiving positive feedbacks from our clients. The working conditions are much better. We are even expecting the Christmas bonus now!

Pros

nice people

Cons

sometimes too busy, but it's ok

Great work place, Nice People

It is great to work with Professional Engineers and I learn a lot. They don’t give me orders only but actually work with me, and are good examples for work ethics.

Great place to learn and to acquire experience

I had the opportunity to work for the GeoPro Consulting Limited for a few weeks. I came from Montreal, the companies was understanding and helpful. It was a great place to learn and to acquire experience. The team and the ambiance was really nice.

Pros

Great learning experience

Cons

pay not that good

Unprofessional HR Manager (Current)

I never worked for this company and having operated a successful consulting business for 10yrs I understand most opinions of former employees, but operating a new business is a stressful endeavour also and some may experience growing pains during its success. My low review of the company is because I was notified of an interview request a few days beforehand and then the HR Manager emailed me 1hr prior to the interview while I was driving there and cancelled stating the following: Good morning J....I was just advised that a bilingual applicant is required for this post.At this time, we will keep your information on file for future job postings. Thank you for your time and I apologize for the inconvenienceSincerely,CThere wasn’t even a question about whether or not I spoke a second language. She didn’t even formally cancel the interview but instead told me she’d keep my information on file.....what for lady, to cancel on me one hour before the interview again! After setting up childcare and spending money I didn’t have on fuel, I’m given a lame excuse for ‘cancelling’ the interview (via email) and received no phone call either. This person was impressively unorganized, dysfunctional and unprofessional. You need an excellent HR Manager when it comes to representing a business. If the employment rate is high due to turnover, then it’s not the owners burden to carry....its HR’s for a faulty screening process. As a side note, I actually speak 3 languages from my global travels, but thx for asking. Also, knowing now what the starting wage may have been........meh, -

Pros

My attitude

Cons

Their reputation

Great starting job

Started here right out of school with very little experience. They provided me with lots of training and I managed to learn a lot of new skills. The pay could be a lot better for the long hours worked but the people here are nice. Great coworkers who were always willing to help.

Pros

Job experience

Cons

Low pay. Fast paced.

Hard work but rewarding

Expect to work long hours here but at least there's ample chances to do productive work and feel accomplished at the end of the day. It was tiring working here but I became more confident in my abilities thanks to the skills and knowledge I gained here.

Pros

Great experience

Cons

Lots of overtime.

Long hours but productive

There's always lots of work to do here and be prepared to work overtime but you can learn a lot from them and gain good experience that you can't get from school.

Pros

Good learning opportunities.

Cons

Long hours.

Fast-pacing, excellent learning environment

It's a fast pacing company. Everyone is helping each other. A good environment to practice what I have learned from school and obtain practical experiences in the field. The company is accommodating my personal request as long as it is feasible. Daily start: around 7:00AM Daily finish: around 5:00PM As a hourly paid employee, it really depends the work I have done in the day.

Pros

Excellect learning environment

Cons

Fast-pacing

Great for Career Development

Geopro is a developing consulting firm that provides ample opportunities for whoever is up to pursue a career in the consulting world. It has a fast-paced, friendly and career-oriented working environment. On one hand, Geopro has a high expectation of its employees. The company is involved in large municipality projects because of its quality of work and reputation in the industry, and the seniors want you to work hard for those standards. So the job can be difficult for those who has little to no knowledge of geotech, hydrogeology etc. On the other hand, the seniors are exceptionally forgiving towards new employees. Unlike other small firms, where "you stumble and you leave". In Geopro, You can "learn from your mistakes", and the senior "show you the ropes". (Of course that does not mean you can slack off) I joined Geopro in the COVID-19 period. The pay was not competitive. But once i started to work, I found the owner was generous with spending money on getting his employees geared properly. When the business was slow and the profit was low, i am comfort with my pay on top of the invaluable working experience. At the end of the day, no one becomes rich by working for others. Here is my 2 cents before all the haters down-voting me to oblivion.

Pros

career

Cons

Low Pay

Collaborative work environment, plenty training opportunities

People of this company are very nice and collaborative. There are plenty training opportunities provided to gain new skills and experiences. An overall good place to work.

Don't apply or deal with this company

I got an interview over phone, and the HR insisted on knowing my background ethnicity, I didn't tell so he started digging on and asked about where is the university I graduated from is located! and he didn't care about the university itself! After we agreed, he sent me a message telling me to download an app and connect it with his phone number, I just looked at the app rate and found it 1 star out of 1250 review! all reviews are talking about how the app is not secure and stealing info...etc and ended up sending him a message of refusal to start working with them !

Cons

not feels secure job

23 July 2020
We’re so sorry to hear about your experience at GeoPro. As we have many different positions within GeoPro, each role requires different qualifications. As a result of this, some positions may require bilingual speakers. Here at GeoPro, we encourage employees to download a video conferencing services app that provides many features like group calls and screen sharing to communicate more efficiently with one another while we all try our best to work from home under these circumstances. Please feel free to contact us at hr@Geoproconsulting.ca.

the worst experience I’ve ever had

I want to share the worst experience I’ve ever had. Starting from the interview, the owner will call you suddenly without any notice. And he wants to start to work on the same day you got an interview. While, he will ask you to do job training for 3 weeks without payment, which they call ‘voluntary job’. I was hired as a geotechnical technician however, they will start to teach you about coordinating work which is not bad, but you will get tons of work day and night. What I do not like the company, most of workers are newbie as you, so they really do not know what they do. You can ask a couple of questions to your coworkers, but keep in mind they also entered the company a few months ago. However, I believe people are nice and kind. Here are the lists what I experienced at GeoPro 1. The manager and owner send messages over the weekend, weekday even after 10pm. 2. While we are working at home, they suddenly call me and ask for meeting at office without any notice, but it was useless meeting. 3. They pay less, you might start from 15 or 16 dollar. Keep in mind, you need to work day and night. 4. They call me to ask for work at 9pm. I always need to stand by for their order. 5. Your coworkers will leave soon or later. They are also stressed out. I know it is hard time to get a job and opportunity during this period, but please do not waste your time and energy at this company.

Pros

fast learning

Cons

long hours, pay less

23 July 2020
We're sorry to hear about your bad experience.As a Geotechnical company, we are very busy and the work is usually demanding. This, of course, requires adaptability to fast-paced environments when entering these types of fields of work and we are understanding that not all personality types suit these types of environments. We have a new HR team and are working to improve and do better.

Never work in this company

The boss will use you as cheap labour and fire you if you don’t listen, worked there almost 3 weeks and let me quit my part time job cuz he said he is going to give me an offer, after a week I worked there for free and one day called me he sweared at me. 💩boss

23 July 2020
We’re sorry to hear about your experience. We’re usually known for upholding values and ethics within the workplace and creating a professional and friendly environment for our employees. Our HR team takes issues like this very seriously.

Bad management

Stay away do not trust. Boss is a user and abuser. He will use you and then dump you when he feels like it. Not organized and no proper training. STAY AWAY

23 July 2020
We are sorry to hear about your experience. We take pride in treating our employees with mutual respect and rewarding them for their hard work. If you’re open to discussing this further, please contact us at hr@Geoproconsulting.ca.

GeoPro

People are nice, but you won't have your own time. They do not pay much. Geo Pro will provide you will much work, but I do not know about the advancement. Good to build career for the starters.

Pros

Experience, People are nice

Cons

No work life balance, less payment

23 July 2020
Thank you for providing your feedback and letting us know about your experience here. Here at GeoPro, we take pride in our friendly and professional work environment. We understand working in this type of industry can be very busy and we are continuously looking for ways to stay on top of it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GeoPro Consulting Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9