Genworth

Genworth Employee Reviews

Depends on what team you are. Could be relaxed or very stressful. 24/7 support could be challenged. Overall pace is slow, friendly environment. But requirements could change at any moment by SLT and set very tie timeframe.
Genworth Canada has been the best company I have worked for. Everyone is friendly and willing to do their part. Since I began I felt I was welcomed with open arms. Very family like culture. The company continued to demonstrate its excellence with how they handled COVID19. It was clear that our well-being was important. Management at all levels make an effort to get to know you. Everyone is approachable.
Pros
Excellent pay and benefits, family like culture, friendly leaders/management
Cons
None.
I enjoy working at Genworth. I'm hoping the culture and atmosphere remains consistent with new majority owner because the culture in my department has improved quite a bit.
Pros
excellent pay and great benefits. fun atmosphere
Just don't even. Everything negative written is completely 100% true and then some. Not worth my time to go into it. The turnover since the current SVP took over is shocking.. yet no one above him asks what's going on? Mind boggling.
Very stressful and high turnover employer. Although there are some good employees there, the head of operations = SVP is an immature control freak. He only promotes people who agree with him and go his way. Very " high school culture". Heavy work load and stress levels with no consideration for life balance outside of work or Family. - even though they say it- opposite occurs. HR department is not unbiased and is of no help and not confidential. People are frustrated with constant changes coming from process, people management, and sudden employee exits. Highly Toxic workplace due to immature and ego headed SVP in operations driving a negative culture. Company overall run well at the top but the operations team is very dissapointing and a HARD PASS on working there. RUN run away
It is a very good workplace to work . Good work life balance and friendly teammates. Very convenient office location at Oakville. Overall all, one of the very good companies to work.
Cutting edge technology used, dockers and kubernetes. Lots of development work available to grow your skills. Laid back environment, but still competitive.
The emphasis is not on the customer or providing value. The sales role is currently all about quantity and not quality. You do not have to be an independent thinker or a self motivator, as the sales role is micromanaged. There is so much turn over and very few Accoint Managers with any tenure. That should be concerning for anyone looking to join a best in class sales team. The current sales leaders have created a very poor sales environment.
Pros
Salary and benefits are good
Cons
Everything else, micromanagement
I would say good experience working here. Nice environment. Little bossy though but overall nice working experience. Nice technologies to work with...
adults form cliques and are bullies and love to gossip; salary is good - a few good people in the company; however, mostly feels like high school torture;
Pros
salary and good benefits and gym supplement
Cons
everything else
Pros - great co workers -work from home -open concept office space -open door policy Cons -unclear work roles - divided communications between departments
Productive colleague work environment. Well managed IT department mature processes focused on delivering value to the rest of the organization. Embracing the best technologies.
poor management ,no opportunity for advancement , they try to micro manage, fluctuating shifts each day which makes it hard to have a work life balance.
Pros
centrally located
Excellent place to work, balance work and life, many technologies used and lots of scope to learn, work from home facility, good management, I will refer my friends ti genworth.
it is a good place to work. they lack the experience regarding how to develop an application. A little busy. you have to develop, test , managing all stuff related with your project,
Loved being at Genworth and wish I would have been able to stay longer but the role was contract. It was my first role in QA but one that I enjoyed to the fullest. Ready and excited for the next work opportunity.
Pros
freedom
Cons
that the role was contract
Great company that has a friendly environment with an open door policy. Opportunities to work from home which is good for work life balance.
Genworth Canada is a great place to work. The benefits are great. Lack of opportunities to advance however great environment.
Cons
serious, stable company. Good stress free atmosphere with people eager to help fdaslkjfklsadhflkjasd adfksajdfklasjdfklja fjkladshfkljhasdlkjfhals jfaksdjhflkajshdflkjah jdafhskdhfklasjdhf why do I have to write this?
A fast based customer centric buisness. Strong Leadership team with focus and commitment to their customers.
Terrible work place. Terrible management. Values and culture are out of line. Older coworkers obnoxious and not helpful. Great salary and benefits. bad life/work balance.
Pros
good pay/benefits
Cons
bad work environment/terrible management
  1. Employee reviews