GENREP LTD

GENREP LTD Employee Reviews

Canada23 reviews
Good company however family-owned. A company where decisions were based on emotion rather than business norms. Volatile owner however a decent person. Excellent co-workers.
I've been working at Genrep for a few years, now, and truly see myself building a career here.

Like any other company, there are challenges and times of stress. However, these experiences are essential for growing and developing yourself professionally.

At Genrep, management provides clear direction to us, but team members are able to provide input and are encouraged to motivate mutual success. Everyone is friendly and approachable. Social engagement activities are frequently arranged to promote team bonding.
Pros
employee engagement activities, comfort to express ideas, recognition of employee success
Cons
far commute
If you are ready to take up new challenges and like to excel by proving yourself Genrep is the place to work. It has a fast-paced environment and inclusive work culture

Management is supportive and appreciates your efforts.

People who want to just relax and pass the papers at work will never be happy and satisfied at Genrep.
i watched as a fellow employee managed to endanger our lives by opening transfer switch cases removing safety equipment from generators before starting them working on roofs with no guards or railings which could lead to potentially deadly accidents on many worksites. i hardly ever felt safe dispite my education in power generation and my time there was all for waste due to a termination without cause
Good place to develop yourself, many chances to learn, people are kind here. the company is developing, it's good to contribute your knowledge to make it better.
We appreciate your feedback!

We have been growing our business and your participation here has greatly impacted that. We hope to continue to onboard positive and supportive team members like yourself.

- Team HR, Genrep Ltd.
Whats unique about Genrep is they give opportunities to people with less experience to allow them to grow. For people looking to actually make a difference in a company and be a part of something. Genrep gives you the chance to use the skills gained in your chosen post-secondary, Genrep really is a great place.
Pros
IT Manager is one of the best
Cons
Not allowed to wear tight jeans.
31 January 2020
We appreciate the good things said. It’s all a team effort! Thank you for your feedback. Please feel free to meet with HR if you have any concerns, going forward.

- Team HR, Genrep Ltd.
Great company to work with. You will have lot of opportunities to grow and contribute.

Management is supportive and recognizes your contributions and ideas.
31 January 2020
I am working as a production tecnician at Genrep Ltd. The environment over here at my work place is very homely and it is really very good and positive to work here. All the collegues who works with me are also very friendly and the staff members as well. The managers and other colleges are higly experienced which encoraged me alot and taught me many new things and made it easier for me to learn stuffs. Overall my experience uptil now is going great with genrep.
30 January 2020

- Team HR, Genrep Ltd.
- Major focus on continuous improvement & providing the best services to customers
- Great colleagues and good work culture

- New ideas are appreciated
24 January 2020
Worst work culture, Dictating management, Non-sense managers. They just want machines to work for them. Really inhuman people work here. If they improve they can take the company to the another level but they don't want to.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at GENREP LTD?
Genrep had a good name in the market place. With a family run business the struggle is always there to keep ownership out of day to day activities. This type of involvement can hamper the creativity of staff and individuals and create a situation where empowerment is not encouraged.
Quality of vendor product was high and vendors were very supportive and collaborative on opportunities. Contracts were renegotiated as originals were poorly executed due to lack of experience. Increased discount structure, cooperative advertising support and consignment strategies were all introduced creating more value to the company.

Great staff always willing to go the extra step.
We appreciate your feedback!

We have been growing our business and your participation here has greatly impacted that. Our senior leadership team is motivated and excited about the future, and we are getting stronger every day.

- Team HR, Genrep Ltd.
Management is incompetent and you have to be a nationalist to fit in. Staff turn over is high and employee safety concerns are low. If you have a high tolerance for incompetent people, you'll fit in.
Pros
You can learn a lot about generator maintenance.
Cons
Management don't monitor working hours. If you finish early, you go home and get paid for the day if you are a field service tech.
Genrep is a place where you have a lot of scopes to grow, but you definitely need the patience to understand the culture and adapt to it.

If you perform it definitely gets acknowledged

- Team HR, Genrep Ltd.
A family run business, where no one cares about the business. New managers hired all the time, fire a bunch of people, then hire a bunch of people, then the manager gets fired, a new one gets hired, and they fire a bunch of people, then hire a bunch of people. The technicians are not trained, so they don't know what they are doing.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Everything else
21 January 2020
We are disappointed to hear that your experience at Genrep didn’t turn out as desired.

We appreciate the feedback and are striving hard to give our employees the best experience.

We wish you all the best in your future endeavors.
I've worked here quite some time fun place to be but lacks organization.

Not likely to get promoted but raises and bonuses do happen.

hours very depending on job title.
Pros
laid back
Cons
no organization
21 January 2020
We appreciate the good things said. It’s all a team effort!

I worked for this company not once but twice. The first time i was new to generators and was given the opportunity to learn and advance within the ranks. When i returned for a second "tour of duty" i was given a lot more responsibility and placed in more of a leadership role. I helped grow the service dept and had a great relationship with their customers, however things changed when management changed. I survived a few service managers but was ultimately let go due to my high salary. Myself, along with in my opinion the best diesel mechanic I've ever known were terminated for absolutely no fault of our own. We were told that the company was going in another direction. My response was, is that direction down? it was explained to me that GENREP would rather hire kids from the school for 15/hr than pay me $30. My colleague and I were released and we went to our shop to work on cars while plotting our next move. We ultimately went to GAL together.
Thank you for your valuable feedback.

We are working on transforming our business to make it better than it's ever been. This will take hard work and dedication from each one of us. Our senior leadership team is motivated and excited about the future, and we are getting stronger every day.

- Team HR, Genrep Ltd.
I've been with Genrep for over two years now, within that time I have had many great experiences, and have been on a few company trips.

Genrep is meant for hard working people that know there has to be effort put in and teamwork is paramount. The team is hardworking, passionate and fun. I would recommend this place to anyone that has a passion for growth for themselves as well as for the company they are working for.
Pros
Lots of growth potential
Cons
i cant think of any worth mentioning

- Team HR, Genrep Ltd.
Lots of promises from management and incompetent people running the business.

Lack support and not having the tools for the job

Don’t hire family but it’s all family run??

Hopefully you have a credit card with zero balance and high limit cause you will have to use it for the company.s benefit. Need deep pockets to work here.
Pros
Nothing keep looking!
Cons
Everything!
21 January 2020
We are sorry to hear about this.

Please meet with HR for your concern, and we will try to resolve it to the best of our ability.
Genrep was a decent place to work, wasn't the best but wasn't the worst. A lot of incompetent people with high roles, but also a lot of people that enjoyed and wanted to make the company better.
Pros
Exciting Work place
Cons
Incompetant People
Dificult company to work for. The manufacturing plant cannot deliver product, resulting in loss of orders and unhappy customer. Little repeat business
Thank you for your valuable feedback.

Genrep Ltd. is a fantastic environment to work in with a dynamic team.

I have excelled in business communication with effective execution of my skills.

The mentoring I have received has enabled me to become a more well rounded Manager. I appreciate all the lessons taught.
21 January 2020
We appreciate the good things said. It’s all a team effort! Long may it continue! Thank you for your feedback.