Gengo Employee Reviews for Freelance Translator

Highly flexible, but only viable for full-time at Pro level or above
Freelance Translation, Japanese - English (Current Employee) –  Freelance Online27 July 2018
I worked as a Pro level Japanese/English translator on my home computer. I was 100% freelance, so I could take as much time off to ensure work/life balance as I wished. However, this is only viable as a full-time job if you are in the Pro level or higher, as well as incredibly self-motivated and organized. Otherwise, it would be a great way to supplement income for anyone who has high levels of proficiency in another language and some experience translating.
Pros
Work when you want, don't when you don't.
Cons
Very low pay for Standard level jobs
Nice opportunity for entry into the translation industry
Freelance Translator (Current Employee) –  Home24 May 2018
I work for Gengo as a Freelance Translator on both their Standard and Pro levels. Work flow is steady and pay is ok, but definitely not enough to rely on as your sole income. It's a good way for novice translators to gain experience and there is room for advancement.

The support team is great and answer you as fast as possible. Their senior translators (who review your work) are sometimes fuzzy and impossible to deal with, and will give you a low score just because their having a bad day.
Pros
Great Support, Learning Resources, Steady workflow
Cons
Rates are a bit low, Senior Translator tend to be moody
Professional and well organized
Freelancer Translator (Current Employee) –  Salerno (Sa)18 September 2015
I am really happy to work for Gengo. It is a really professional web site where persons from all over the world can ask for translation in different languages simply with few clicks. As a freelance translator I have to translate texts from English to Italian. Gengo has a support that works 24/7 and they always replied at my questions within few minutes and with a really friendly tone.