Gengo Employee Reviews

Perfect set-up, but too many translators
Translator (Current Employee) –  Boulder, CO13 June 2015
Working for Gengo would be great if it weren't for the fact that there are far too many translators and far too few jobs. A year ago it was possible to make decent earnings working for them as a translator, but this is unfortunately no longer possible given that they have signed on way too many translators for the small amount of work they get.
Constante
Traductora independiente inglés/francés>español (Current Employee) –  Madrid, MD8 October 2014
Las traducciones se realizan online y a través de la plataforma de la empresa. Flujo de trabajo constante.
International, Interesting startup environment
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Tokyo22 April 2014
Gengo represents a new concept. Bringing a US startup culture to Tokyo, a city that is not super open to all that is online, international tech innovation.

The founders have done a good job of balancing the traditional with the breaking edge.

I found my experience at Gengo to be eye-opening. I was able to learn a wide skill set in marketing, expand upon my cultural understanding of cross cultural business practices and learn about myself and my ability to undertake great responsibilities.

Under this kind of guidance I've excelled as an online marketing specialist and am now ready to tackle larger feats.

Thank you Gengo!
Pros
Autonomy, Culture, Responsibility, Size, Atmosphere
Cons
Salary, instability, lack of direction
Translation Telework
Translator (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CA25 July 2013
You can work as much or as little in a day. There's no obligation to do a minimum number of hours per week. Compensation is based per word count. Job varies between weeks or months. Big collaborative projects come once in a while.
Pros
Gain valuable translation skills
Cons
Low compensation rate
Great place to have a journey among a diversity of cultures
Professional Translator & Proofreader (Current Employee) –  Teleworking from my home16 September 2012
It's the kind of job which adds a lot to the worker. Every new day I learn a new concept, get aware of a topic I never heard of not to mention participating in illuminating the Arabic speaking people with my translations.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gengo. Our community is ready to answer.