Genesis Fertility Centre

Genesis Fertility Centre Employee Reviews

Canada15 reviews

Incredible Nursing Team

Genesis has the most incredible nursing team. Fertility medicine is a lot to learn so expect a HUGE learning curve but the team is so informative, kind, and patient. I did not come from a womens health or fertility background but ended up falling in love with the field. I’ve never found a nursing team like this before!

Pros

Competitive nursing wage, minimal weekends, great team

Do not apply / work here!

Genesis is not who they portray themself online or during the interview. This is a very toxic work environment with no future. I was overworked, underappreciated on top of that I was never properly trained. There are no training manuals; get ready to learn everything yourself, no matter how complicated.Some patients are rude and entitled, nothing is ever good enough for some of them.I have to admit my co-workers were and still are amazing humans; misery loves company. Still, it does not make up for the toxic work environment, getting talked down to by patients and reprimanded by the doctor in front of other staff or even patients. There is a very high staff turnover for a reason. I was the most senior in my department of 4 people after 4 months of employment.I have never been treated this poorly (by management and customers alike) in my 15-years of work experience, and I have worked in tourism, retail and corporate before.

Pros

co-workers

Cons

management, very strict on clock in / out policies, overworked, understaffed, no appreciation, entitled patients

Insights into Genesis Fertility Centre

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Inclusive work environment

Great place to work!

This is a rewarding place to work, as we get to work so closely with patients and help support them in their fertility journey. Management has provided incentives for quick career progression and pay increases. Great team environment and everyone is always willing to help and support one another. Hours worked are great (no shift work and no nights!). Lots of learning opportunities. Would recommend!

Pros

Pay, great team, and room to grow

Do not apply

Worst place of employment. Toxic work culture, little recognition, staff are stressed and overworked. Management is fortunate for the few staff they’ve retained, otherwise HIGH turn over rate for good reason. Unorganized, archaic, and unsupportive. Not a place to grow in your career — this is a dead end. Low pay- barely matches baseline hospital rate. Better off staying in public care. This is NOT what you’re looking for if you’re exploring a career away from bedside. There are many other private clinics.

Pros

Since all the staff are miserable, there is camaraderie

Cons

Everything stated above

Micromanaging

Not all the departments are willing to help especially the finance. Lack of finance orientation. Very confusing and complicated way of working. Unnecessary and too much admin documentation. Instead if documenting each and every word communicated with others, I think admin can put their time in pt management and coordination.

Hands down the worst place of employment

The nursing team is wonderful, as well as the admin department. Those are the only two positive things to say about this business. This is an extremely hostile environment to work in and by far the worst work environment I have ever experienced. I wouldn’t recommend working at this business to anyone.

Admin

You are better off working at a public sector that pays a lot higher with job security than being paid less and over stressed with work and little to no job security.

Pass on working here..

Stressful demanding workplace. Employees come and go often. Doctor kashyap is NOT empathetic towards patients at all. No effort to help patients feel comfortable or at ease despite the feedback. She is edgy towards staff everyday. The constant negativity in the air makes it an unpleasant place to work. Happy to have left.

Rewarding Work

The team is incredible and work often involves coordinating with multiple departments. There are always opportunities to grow and learn. Job does require ability to multitask and attention to detail. Very rewarding to be a part of patients’ journeys to create their family. Patients are usually very friendly as they feel advocated for. Pay and benefits are great.

Manager is fun to work with and understanding.

Employees are friendly and helpful. Calm environment at work. Good salary and benefits. Multicultural place for employee and good management. Manager is always there to help you.

Worst place to work

A pretty horrible place to work at. Management always micromanages. The staff are great. Only down side is management. No opportunities to grow. Turn over rate is high. Everyone gets a different pay. No set job title.

Pros

Staff

The team is great to work with, everyone gets along quite well. Management is supportive and encouraging. Some days can be stressful with the work load but overall satisfying and rewarding work. Helping people complete their dreams of a family is wonderful to be a part of. Making babies is fun!

Pros

Friendly staff and management, free lunches and drinks sometimes

Cons

Workload can be high sometimes

The worst place I've ever worked at

Atmosphere is stressful, chaotic, disorganized. Staff are very unhappy. Turnover rate is VERY high. Patients are very disatisfied and often leave to go to other clinics.

Cons

Great workplace with people who really care about what they're doing!

Great boutique clinic full of experienced people who are passionate about what they do. Patients can be demanding and the work can be emotionally exhausting - but the team is a great source of support.

Pros

patient focused, great people, rewarding work

Cons

can be exhausting

amazing opportunity to help others

This job gave me an opportunity to help the community around me grow their own families while learning new and innovative breakthroughs in science. The work life balance could have been better but as a team we worked for the best and long hours were what was needed to achieve that.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Genesis Fertility Centre. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement