Generis Group Employee Reviews

Great place to start a sales career
Business Development Executive (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 January 2019
Hard work and extra hours are required. I will start with that. They are honest about that during the interview process but it's obvious that some people can't cut it. It is 100% cold calling and you are calling on senior execs only so clearly it requires persistence and determination. Like any GOOD sales job, if you put in the time and effort you will be rewarded. You can move up in the company very fast and make great money. One thing I really like about the role is that you never have to hand off deals to more senior level reps. You are responsible for finding the leads, getting a hold of them, and then closing the deal. It is much more rewarding than a lot of other sales roles out there but again, requires more work. The culture is probably the best part about the job. They do a good job at hiring good sociable people.
Pros
effort based role, fun work culture, room for growth, strong leadership
Cons
long hours required
22 January 2019

Thank you for your feedback.
We do our utmost to provide the right environment for all team members to flourish in their chosen careers. Generis is only as good as its people and we house some of the very best professionals.

Mixed emotions
Business Development Executive (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 January 2019
Lead generation is absolutely imperative to doing your job every day, yet you are expected to do 100% of your lead generation “on your own time” every single night (I.e. you better be ok with 8-12 hours of unpaid overtime every week). In addition, micromanagement is a huge part of the culture here and is somehow completely accepted. Only room for “growth” is to either become a project manager or an account manager. Cult-like trust in a very dated and flawed way of doing things. Managers celebrate your wins and truly want you to succeed which is one of the only benefits. Oh and the uncapped commission is true, if you can even make a sale in the first place. You’re strictly calling CEOs and SVPs, so this job will push you WAY out of your comfort zone. At the very least it’ll help your personal growth/people skills and make you pretty fearless, which is invaluable and not something you get from a lot of jobs.
Pros
Commission, supportive culture
Cons
Mandatory unpaid overtime, low salary, monotonous
18 January 2019

Generis appreciates you taking the time to post your feedback and we are more than happy to address your concerns along with providing some additional perspective. From the moment we connect with any prospect interested in an opening at Generis, we do our best to communicate with full transparency the expectations of the company along with the role. In Sales, working hours are segregated for lead generation, research and training, however the bulk of your day is indeed devoted to conducting sales. The role as advertised is performance based, and whilst Generis supports a work life balance we also are very clear to encourage all Sales Executives to take a career-based approach rather than viewing the role as an hourly-rated job. Generis operates under the principle of meritocracy and we firmly believe that dedicating yourself toward personal development and enhanced performance leads to greater rewards and opportunities. This has been the reality here for many individuals and is clearly evidenced by the countless fast-track promotion opportunities along with the homegrown executives, managers, and leaders operating all over the business. You are absolutely correct in stating that we solely conduct business with senior executives and this approach requires effective internal processes. We aim to adhere to our processes which have enabled Generis to experience tremendous growth in a very short time frame. The entrepreneurial culture we have fostered over our company’s history lends itself in providing world-class coaching, development, and training. This ultimately allows team  more... members to realize their career aspirations throughout the entire organization.  less

Good place for entry-sales and career advancement
Business Development (Current Employee) –  Toronto15 August 2018
I have been working at Generis for about seven months now. The job is suitable for people who are results-oriented and very persistent. Commission has to be important to you if you want to do well. I have seen a few promotions while I have been here so the opportunity for moving up in your career definitely exists. Work-life-balance can be tough because to be successful you have to put in a lot of extra hours. The culture is probably the best thing about the company because everyone in outgoing and friendly and the company organizes a lot of fun events. They aren't lying about anything they say in the interview- this job requires a serious grind but if you have it in you it is great.
Pros
office events, talk to director level and above, approachable managers
Cons
extra hours necessary, dated way of doing things
A lot of room for growth and earning if you have the hustle
Business Development (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 June 2018
You have to be willing to put in extra time and effort or the job isnt for you. You also have to be able to handle rejection and stay positive. If you can do that and stay motivated you will make good money and grow in the company. The events Generis puts on are really top-notch and it is really good exposure to different industries and top execs. Office is really fun and the people are all young and nice. It is a sales job so be prepared to put in the work.
Pros
parties every month, sales incentives and prizes, everyone is really nice, you learn a lot, do not have to give your leads to someone more Sr., you handle the whole process yourself which is rewarding
Cons
if you dont work hard you wont last
18 January 2019

Transparency from the onset is a core-value at Generis. The Business Development role, like many other roles, can be challenging at times, especially given the intensity and high caliber of sales conducted in our office. We aim to attract candidates who are up for a challenge and are motivated to learn sales from industry experts, achieve targets, and drive their career fast! Learning how to handle rejection is part of any sales role. We believe this is an important skill that goes beyond the workplace and is one of many skills you will develop/enhance as a result of your training at Generis. We encourage all team members to learn from every win and every loss and strive towards becoming better professionals every single day.

Excellent Management with rapid career advancement opportunities!!
Business Development Executive (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 October 2017
One the best Organization to work for specially in Sales Industry! The management is extremely approachable & supportive, I would recommend for anyone who is committed, hard worker and wants to grow faster in their career, this is the right Organization who truly cares about you and support you in every way possible to ensure you achieve your set goals. Also, the organisation is best suited for self starters having an entrepreneur mindset and driven by passion. The management is very knowledgeable and always finds ways to validate your time & effort!
They have the most renowned clients of the specific industries they deal in where you have tremendous opportunities to increase not only industry knowledge but also on industry practitioners.
Overall, lots of fun, parties, humor, work-life balance around with only one thing that you are in open work environment so sometimes it can be really loud. However, it’s directly proportional to your paycheque!
Pros
Flexible Hours, Supportive Management, Open Work Environment, Work-life Balance, Quick Growth Opportunities, time-off, Work hard play hard attitude
Cons
Long Hours and requires resilience
High turnover
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 May 2017
High turnover along with questionably aggressive sales tactics and an odd office culture makes this a position to avoid unless desperate. They'll try and promise you the world in the interview, but once you're inside you'll see the opportunities just aren't there. It's a revolving door. Can only recommend to absolute sales beginners and new Canadians looking for a foot in the door of the corporate world.
Pros
bi-weekly pay
Cons
no sales, high turnover, strange office rituals, cult-like atmosphere
Good entry level position
Business Development Executive (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 April 2017
For individuals new to the job market, Generis group is a good place to start. However, working for the company which is still fairly new does have its drawbacks.

Inside sales is highly repetitive and if you're someone who likes to be challenged and have a change once in a while, then this place is not for you.

The management team are highly skilled in what they do and are very friendly and approachable. Micromanagement is minimal in this company.
Pros
Sales Target incentives, good management team
Cons
Long hours, unreasonable pay, highly repetitive work
Great for entry Sales
Business Development Executive (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 October 2016
Great for young university grads entering the work force. Sales training is good. Senior management knows how to conduct high level sales.

Long hours, boiler room like most entry inside sales jobs.
Pros
Good 1 on 1 coaching from senior mentors
Cons
long hours, boiler room, no lifestyle balance
18 January 2019

We practice fair hiring processes and welcome candidates with diverse professional backgrounds/experience. Generis takes great pride in recruiting candidates that have the right attitude and drive to be successful regardless of experience. We make no apologies for offering an environment which encourages entrepreneurship, and is career focused. Generis respectfully disagrees with your claim on work/life balance along with the boiler room claim. The role is an inside sales role, team members take great efforts in familiarize themselves with each and every single prospect in order to approach the market in an educated manner. The outreach combines all methods of communication. We do encourage a work/life balance, as evidenced from the flexible hours offered during lunch through to the activities and benefits designed to help everyone achieve career and personal objectives. Any extra hours you dedicate outside of normal operating hours will only help to accelerate your performance, along with your career development. For anyone who is looking for a typical “job” hourly-rate and 9-5 need not apply.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Generis Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Generis Group Reviews by Location