General Motors
Happiness score is 63 out of 100
View all General Motors reviews

General Motors

General Motors Employee Review

When it was CAMI, place was very good, wages were competitive and work was rewarding. Since GM took 100% control place is aweful. Front line management is useless and very vindictive. Been here for 30+ years but not a place I would recommend to anybody. 3 shifts for trades and you can make better money in any place across Ontario. Just a job now!

Pros

Cons

Management, GM greed.

2.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Same role

Technologically diverse environment

Always thoroughly enjoyed my time with General Motors of Oshawa. From my fellow trades to the production operators to even the management, it was always an interesting place to work. I was able to hone skills in the trouble shooting of industrial equipment to becoming highly proficient with robotics and PLC language and operation. I am currently a team leader of 8 other trades with direct communication between trades people, production and management. I am looking for the next great opportunity to expand on what I have learned as an industrial electrician as well as a team leader in this environment. I feel I still have a lot to learn but also a lot to share.
Same roleSame location

work life balance not good

have to work every Saturdaystarting at 2 weeks vacation and you cant always get vacation in summer.benefits are ok but not goodfuture is not certain

Pros

money

Cons

mandatory saturdays

Official response from General Motors

19 June 2018
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and sharing your feedback with us. We are sorry to hear that the working hours are not ideal for you.
Same location

for a factory - IT had a Great atmosphere, I loved going into work every day

I was at Cami Assembly Plant for 32 1/2 years - love my career there, I was actually sad to leave as the people were amazing across the plant, as I worked in all departments, but after over 30 years - IT was time to move on

Pros

great pay and good atmosphere

Cons

very hot in the late summer months in the plant

Ask a question about working or interviewing at General Motors. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare General Motors with

• General Motors
  • Terrible Management, especially for trades. Very cut throat and vindictive fronting leaders.