General Motors Employee Reviews for Production Supervisor

Found 8 reviews matching the search See all 6,461 reviews
Work
Maintenance/Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON20 August 2018
Most members if management are pleasant and encouraging. The ones that aren't unfortunately ruin the whole feel of working for such a large cooperation.
Official response from General Motors
4 September 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us.

Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ingersoll, ON11 January 2018
Good experience, learned how to deal with stressful situations, very long hours, not a lot of time to spend with family
They dont give you the ability to do your job
Pros
Good Money
Cons
Long Hours
Every shift was a clusterf*ck, no long-term thinking, poor management
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ingersoll, ON8 April 2017
That place ran on having band-aids put on everything. Machinery would fall apart every shift and management was never concerned about fixing it properly. The whole mantra was just to keep the line running, and quality suffered because of that.

It didn't help that management in charge in Assembly was clueless and arrogant. They wouldn't listen to anyone or take any suggestions. They were aggressive and authoritarian, and just demanded that people follow their orders, even when it made no sense to anyone. Everything that happened in there was our fault, no matter what. Machines would break down, parts would come late to the line. Everything was our fault.

If I could describe this job as one thing, it would as a punching bag. That's all I was. I took the abuse from the people working on line who were frustrated by various things (often things that frustrated me too..) and then I'd take the abuse from my boss who would blame the Group Leader for everything, instead of doing his job and following up on the root cause.

We NEVER once received a compliment or a remark about how we did something well. Just constant griping about how we could have done better, even after great shifts where we all ran our tails off.

Work/life balance is non-existent. Be prepared to marry yourself to this job. 6 days/week, and often asking to come in for overtime, I literally saw these people more than my own family. Pay was good, but it has to be to entice people to work there if they need the money.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management's stupidity, quick fixes that fall apart quickly, maintenance workers who don't care about anything.
Different challenges every day, which helps to improve my managerial skills
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON26 June 2017
Every day is different. Usually start by planning the day depending on what equipment is down and what is good to run.
Review inventories in order to be able to prioritize Jobs.
Fast-pace
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON29 September 2016
Fast-pace, safety as the overall priority, and customer satisfaction. Middle and senior management could focus more on employee strengths. Be more positive and constructive, encourage innovation, lead by example, better communication, show empathy, develop and train staff more effectively.
working with many different cultures in a unionized enviorment on a shift rotation basis
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON10 January 2016
Maintaining a safe, quality oriented environment while ensuring throughput meeting company standards. Ensuring staff is at there workplace on a timely fashion and completing daily production reports.
Great place
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON27 May 2016
Facility is amazing.

First time working on a car line was a great experience.

Great bunch of people to work with.

Would have liked to work longer.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Work stoppages