General Motors

General Motors Employee Reviews

Fun place to work , great hours well paid good pension advancement opportunities,the people were a diverse and great bunch of people. What else can you ask for in a job
Pros
Hours
Cons
Employee parking lol
Challenging a lot of different skills to learn but you have to be there for along time seniority rules. Management has a lot of pressure to push worker to do a great job witch is pass down to the worker.Very repetitive work alot of bending. on your feet for basically for 8 hours.Factory work can be enjoyable if the people around you are good to work with.Must be a team player.i start on the assembly line to team leader to lift truck driver then repairman it was a learning experience at all levels.BUT IT IS REWARDING it just takes time to realize that.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
lot of repetitive work
Now it takes awhile to achieve full rate , but once achieved, the wages and benefits are among the best in a factory setting. Not really a lot of room for advancement in production, so choose production or supervision prior to application.
Pros
Unionized, Wages/benefits
Cons
Long grow in
My experience is not currently relevant, as the restructuring within the plant, and elimination of assembly, make my work experience obsolete. I am not currently aware of the hiring procedure, or work environment within the plant.
Pros
good wages
Cons
loss of vehicle production
Very great opportunity to begin your career with. Learning about new vehicles and services will be a great start if you are a vehicle lover person and gradually you gain more knowledge.
Pros
Always Team Leaders are there to assist you as best as they can.
Cons
Long hours, stressfully calls.
Always laid off negitive. Good people great memories and job satisfaction great training health and safety program the best in the business. Enjoy building cars
I was on the assembly line assembling cars. I was trained on most of the machines so I have a good variety of skills. The company did a lot of charity work which I was involved in. I enjoyed interacting with the other employees.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No job security
I liked working at General Motors overall as I made a lot of new friends and you were never bored. It was an overall fun environment. There was always something to do so the shift went by faster and it was a good workout. I am sad it shut down as my dad lost his job and we had to sell our house because of it.
Pros
Meet Lots of new people
Cons
Swing Shift
Good company to work for. Great benefits and compensation. Had a great career at GM. Highly recommend them as a employer. The location was also great for me.
Great place to work, lots of friendly staff and many career opportunities. Really enjoyed my job, just looking for a career change for my future. Great management.
They barely give you any training, have no concern for your safety but if you hurt yourself they will find every way under the sun to blame you. Union is useless. You’re underpaid and overworked all while not even being treated like a human
Cons
GM allowed their employees ample opportunity to further their education and provided outstanding compensation. I would work for GM again If the opportunity was available.
Pros
If you took courses and passed GM would pay for it.
Cons
There were some managers that were more concerned with how they were perceived, rather than what was good for the company
GM CTC could be a good place to work but the managers are no good for their jobs. A lload of preliminary people were recruited for this task that they know very little about what is required to advance a procedure. Non-professionals.
I was hired in production and later was able to get an apprenticeship. My experience on production was okay people were great job was boring and not very challenging but apprenticeship was great. Recommend getting into plant first the you have a better chance of getting the job you want. Many oppertunities for advancement.
I was a tpt well employed basically just suppose to be temporary but i ended up working full time hours was not allowed to take vacation time, yelled at by union rep, lies to by union rep, male supervisors think your there for them .. either your being touched inappropriately or being belittled with their words. The floor workers are great even some of the office people are good, management not even close.
Been with the company for just over 3 years and I am will considered as TPT. I enjoy doing the work. I have no benefits or any monetary increases. You are expected to complete all tasks as a senior employee without any benefits.
I owrked in trim on iver nights as a tpt i absoultly loved it that was the first time i worked on nights i worked on the line i used a gun type thing that tighted a boot and used my hands for 4 more bolts
I worked at General Motors for many years and found a great opportunity to advance and had the opportunity to end my career there as a Maintenance Clerk.
my father had worked in gm management for years before my interview and he interviewer was intimedated by my in depth knowledge of gm. the general philosophy was burnt them out and get rid of them. especially production management.
management views you as expendable,very one sided view on things,not helpful at all.very little compassion and no flexability at all.always pushing blame on workers and not taking responsibility
Prior sat with two others waiting to be interviewed as well. I had already researched all their information. My suit gave me a real professional fell about who was coming their way. The first question they asked was did I ever do drugs. I smiled knowing never have. Tht
  1. Employee reviews