General Motors
Coronavirus update
Information from General Motors:

General Motors Employee Reviews

Canada480 reviews
Very interesting place to work
I was hired in production and later was able to get an apprenticeship. My experience on production was okay people were great job was boring and not very challenging but apprenticeship was great. Recommend getting into plant first the you have a better chance of getting the job you want. Many oppertunities for advancement.
Good environment, week bad management
GM CTC could be a good place to work but the managers are no good for their jobs. A lload of preliminary people were recruited for this task that they know very little about what is required to advance a procedure. Non-professionals.
tpt
I was a tpt well employed basically just suppose to be temporary but i ended up working full time hours was not allowed to take vacation time, yelled at by union rep, lies to by union rep, male supervisors think your there for them .. either your being touched inappropriately or being belittled with their words.

The floor workers are great even some of the office people are good, management not even close.
Production work without benefits
Been with the company for just over 3 years and I am will considered as TPT. I enjoy doing the work. I have no benefits or any monetary increases. You are expected to complete all tasks as a senior employee without any benefits.
Gm
I owrked in trim on iver nights as a tpt i absoultly loved it that was the first time i worked on nights i worked on the line i used a gun type thing that tighted a boot and used my hands for 4 more bolts
Gm
I worked at General Motors for many years and found a great opportunity to advance and had the opportunity to end my career there as a Maintenance Clerk.
stressfull for interviewer
my father had worked in gm management for years before my interview and he interviewer was intimedated by my in depth knowledge of gm. the general philosophy was burnt them out and get rid of them. especially production management.
not a good enviroment.management is king and you are just a pesant
management views you as expendable,very one sided view on things,not helpful at all.very little compassion and no flexability at all.always pushing blame on workers and not taking responsibility
General Motors was the greatest single thing I ever achieved. The Management treated with extremely high praise and regard.
Prior sat with two others waiting to be interviewed as well. I had already researched all their information. My suit gave me a real professional fell about who was coming their way. The first question they asked was did I ever do drugs.
I smiled knowing never have. Tht
Good pay and benefits
Overall the job pays well with good benefits.On the downside the work is very boring and time seems to stand still.lf these jobs paid less the turn over rate would be very high.That being said l have lasted 30 years there and provided a good life for my family and can now look forward to a pension to carry me into my golden years.
Typical factory work, assembly line. must be willing to work up to 48 hours per week. Wages and benefits are good. Work is very repetitive. Lots of opportunities to work elsewhere in the plant.
Pros
wages and benefits
Cons
fast paced
Extremely poor moral is understandable.
Senior employees and union sold out new poeple. Temps (TPT's) are treated poorly by both management and senior employees. Could work for years before getting hired then 10 years before you reach full wage. Poor benefits as well. Used to be everyone wanted to work there and stayed. TPT's come and go because of low wages, benefits and being treated poorly.
Poison work environment
If you do your job wright and no errors and safe they don't care,the only thing they care is production very toxic and rude management the harast employees and much more don't waste your precious time
Pros
Hourly rate
Cons
Disrespectful, liars, misleading
fun workplace
working environment is very friendly. Seniors are very helpful and treat you respectfully. Good learning experience. Paid well plus benefits. Take care of workers safety.
My job title should be fire fighter
Too few staff in areas, low pay for some, and lack of consistent expectations makes morale very low amongst entire staff. It has also lead to a complete lack of team work and is costing the business success.
Listen carefully
Make sure your listening to everything everyone tells you because it’s only said once if you didn’t take all the instructions in the first time you will have a hard time.
Challenging job that is rewarding
As a manufacturing facility, timing is very critical. Sometimes the job requires working odd and long hours including weekends. There are challenges in handling equipment and people. In return it was a very satisfying and rewarding job.
Good pay, ceo's overpaid, plant closure
Sad to be forced to retire early.
Ceo makes too much money and doesn't work.

Good paying job. Traveled to and from work

Great co-workers. Good benefits.
worked with great team dedicated to providing the best safety minded approach to assisting all types of customers
Great collaboration across all lines of business, respectful of ideas. You need to have a strong voice or position and be prepared to provide data to back it up with all gaps closed. I've learned how to participate in multiple projects and work with teams from all areas to achieve a common goal.
The most challenging part of the job was maintaining an area of influence with the groups I worked with and constantly seek collaboration
Failing Company - Too Little, Too Late
Working at GM was always a negative story - from bankruptcy, to failing markets, to product failures and scandals, to plant closings. No one was held accountable for poor performance, no one was rewarded for good performance.
Fast paced, progressive and innovative IT environment focused on business benefits.
Great place to work for IT, but unless you are supporting legacy operations at a site, or involved in vehicle development programs out of Oshawa, all the IT work has now been centralized to 4 resource centers in the United States - Warren/Detroit MI, Austin TX, Atlanta GA, Chandler AZ.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at General Motors. Our community is ready to answer.
3.8K