General Mills Employee Reviews

Sales Account Manager, fast paced and innovative
Sales, Account Development Manager, Yoplait (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 February 2013
I work in the Sales Organization at General Mills Canada, I manage the Yoplait Brand at Sobeys Ontario. This entails the following:

- Merchandising Plan for all Yogurt Segments
- Analysis to understand optimal price points, durations of ads, timing of ads, customized promotions to drive sales growth
- Manage Relationship and Negotiate with buyer from Sobeys ON
- Analyze performance of activity and work closely with Demand and Supply Planning for inventory requirements and control
- Create tools, guiding principles and set weekly priorities for the 60 employee Yoplait Retail Team in Ontario

Lots of working with internal Marketing teams and communicating results of initiatives to Directors and Vice Presidents. My favorite part of my job is the people I work with and the relationships I have formed with them. My team acts like a family and I enjoy this culture.
Pros
tones of training and learning. a lot of focus on self development and growth
Cons
long hours, long commute to work
Very demanding, long hours. Very difficult to advance within.
Financial Administrator (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB16 January 2013
Very demanding, long hours. Very difficult to advance within. Worked a few stat holidays.
I enjoyed the daily different tasks i had to encounter.
Multi-Pack Operator (Former Employee) –  Carson, CA8 January 2013
I enjoyed my job duties. I learned to be open to new ideas. Management always emphasized on safety. My co workers where very special. My job wasn't hard at all. I enjoyed producing a food for consumers and knowing at the end of the day it was enjoyable.
Pros
good pay and benefits.
Cons
to many days of work before a day off.
Laid off frequently, management always talking about the place closing
Machine Operator/Labourer (Former Employee) –  Midland, ON6 October 2012
I had a supervisor break a piece off one of my machines and then write me up and supend me for three days. When I made a harassment claim through the union the company agreed to pay me for the three days I was suspended... And take thR suspension off my record.
Pros
pay is good when you actually work
Cons
always laid off. expected to be waiting by the phone in case they call
Temp agency, found different job
Sanitation worker (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ON2 October 2012
General Mills was a good company to work for and they offered competitive wages and benefits. I enjoyed the people I worked with, very relaxed environment.
Productive fun workplace
Food Mixer (Former Employee) –  Midland, ON30 September 2012
A typical day at work would include alot of weighing and dumping.
I learned alot about food with allergens.
Mangement were part of our team to help produce great products.
Team work enviroment. Very helpful.
Hardest part of job was alot of heavy lifting.
Most enjoyable i'd say was punch out time.
I have a lot of experience in the manufacturing trade. I have a good relationship with my fellow employees and always willing to learn and help others
Depositing Control Production/Sanitation (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 August 2012
My typical day at work i started 5:30 pm and proceed to computer system,check the temperature of the filling every 30 minutes and prior to perform a metal detector check and document the time of the rejection pop and initial blow-off column.After production done i do sanitation.
I learned to much how very important the production quality, safety for all employees and products, 100% no downtime.
The only thing i love the management there are after the quality of the product and safety of the people which is there number one priority.
I find my co-worker very hard worker and friendly.
The hardest part of my job is working 12 hrs shift especially i have a 2 years old child but i survive.
The most enjoyable part of my job i learned to much and i like what i am doing as depositing quality/ sanitation especially my all co-worker are friendly.
Pros
100% no accident employee, free lunch
Cons
12 hrs
Great Place to Work
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 June 2012
Great office space, including a free onsite gym.

Great benefits and perks.

Amazing people, culture of acceptance and support.

Many opportunities for advancement, including cross-functional opportunities, as well as international options.
environnement et équipe de travail très plaisante
Représentant des ventes (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC2 February 2018
merveilleuse entreprise, cependant mon contrat de 3 mois s'est prolongé sur un an sans avoir ma permanence. J'ai adoré cet emploi.
Pros
milieu de travail excellent
Environnement agréable à travailler
Représentante aux ventes (Current Employee) –  Rive-Sud de Montréal17 December 2017
Produits très intéressant à présenter dans les épiceries, très bonne clientèle d'établie, toujours des ventes répétitives de produits mais beaucoup d'annonce circulaire pour appuyer les ventes. Budget pour le bill back à offrir aux clients, très avantageux pour les gérants. Trop grand territoire, et beaucoup de kilométrage.Objectifs réussis depuis le début (2 ans) à 100%.
Bonne entreprise
Représentante des ventes (Former Employee) –  Rimouski, QC20 September 2017
Bonne entreprise. J'ai été là pendant 5 ans durant mes congés de maternités(2). Temps partiel 3 jours. Je désirais du temps plein après mon retour au travail.
Pros
Très belle expérience
Cons
Temps partiel
Travail agréable et soutient de la direction
Aide générale (Former Employee) –  Saint-Hyacinthe, QC15 February 2017
J' ai aimée travaillée dans cette usine.
J' ai aquis expériences qui mont permis d' apprendre et
de développer dextérité manuelle.
Défi à profusion
Chef, approvisionnement et planification (Former Employee) –  St-Hubert, QC27 January 2016
Le monde du yogourt bouge très vite, j'ai appris à prendre de bonne décision rapidement dans un environnement changeant et avec des défis constants.

Ce fut mon premier contact dans le poste de manager, j'ai appris à gérer une équipe incluant les conflits pouvant avoir les gens de mon équipe.

L'aspect le plus difficile à été de laisser faire le travail par mon équipe. Puisque j'ai déjà occupé les postes de planificateurs, approvisionneurs, analystes... j'ai une tendance à vouloir faire le travail. J'ai appris à "coacher" au lieu de faire le travail à leur place.
Pros
Yogourt gratuit, vendredi pm de congé
Cons
Patrons loin de nous à Toronto; ne comprennent pas les enjeux local
Environnement stimulant
Représentant des ventes (Former Employee) –  rive nord Montréal6 October 2014
J'établie de bonnes relations avec mes clients et cela me permet de développer de bonnes affaires avec eux. De grandes aptitudes de ventes, de négociation me permettent de dépasser mes objectifs et d'atteindre d'excellents résultats.
remplacement temporaire
Directeur tech. maintenance (remplacement) (Former Employee) –  longueuil arrondissement st-hubert1 April 2014
entré en place pour 2 ou 3 semaine de remplacement , s'est tranformé en 15 mois... lieu humain ou le travail accompli doit etre excellent (nouriture) j'ai aimé y travailler.
Pros
flex time
Cons
remplacement