General Dynamics Mission Systems
Here to help: Coronavirus update
Updates from General Dynamics Mission Systems:

General Dynamics Mission Systems Employee Reviews

Canada22 reviews
Same mistakes over and over.
GD does deal with some very firm deadlines. To achieve them, the managers will typically work their team to death during the last month - 6 weeks of a project. We then pat ourselves on the back for "going the extra mile" to get the job done, and the repeat the process with the next cycle. Nothing ever changes.
Pros
Working on systems that truly make a difference
Cons
Corporate culture is soul destroying
Great place to work!
Very balanced work / personal life, great incentives and atmosphere.
General Dynamics provides free onsite parking, a gym, a full cafeteria with meals cooked daily and many other great benefits.
Dynamic Workplace and Great company culture!
Large organization so there is a lot to learn and grasp within its processes. Readily available resources nearby.

Great workplace culture where employee engagement and level of transparency is encouraged. If you enjoy having a sense of ownership of your work and are a team player, GDMS-C is a great place to be. Both management and colleagues are willing to give a lending hand when needed.

Overall, dynamic, fast-paced and there's always something new to be involved in.
Great place to work.
Very happy here, great people to work with as well as very interesting work. Everyday you learn something new, get to work with exciting products and have the chance to travel occasionally.
Extremely Professional and Exciting Place To Work
GD provided me the opportunity to do my second internship there and I accepted wholeheartedly. I was welcomed with an incredibly smart team of engineers that assisted me as I worked towards understanding the complex product as well as adapting to the new work environment.

Work is exciting as I was exposed to brand new tools I hadn't used before, closed office space that allowed 100% focus and a company culture that is incredibly professional as it is fun.
Complex job with many good people to work alongside
Excellent company to work for with many complex projects and dedicated professionals to work with. Many long term projects with lots of customer interaction.
Productive Workplace
Great corporate culture and employee appreciation. There may be some issues with upward mobility but this is highly contingent on the type of work you are doing.
Great place to work and learn
Worked here as a co-op for two terms. Great place to work. Excellent coworkers always willing to help. Plenty of employee events and involvement. Would love to work here again.
Relatively good job security in the tech/engineering industry due to long project cycles.
Benefits are not great but roughly inline with the industry in Calgary.

The facility here is pretty good overall with fairly updated equipment.

Salary is the main concern, well below average for Calgary from my perspective. This would be the place to work until retirement if it paid more or had some sort of retirement plan.
Pros
Good approachable management and a happy place to work. Free parking
Cons
no free coffee, does not have a diverse culture
Great people, interesting work
Good values. Professional atmosphere with a focus on productivity and innovation.
Good teamwork. Working with highly skilled individuals makes for excellent collaboration and creative results.

Great Benefits. With options to work compressed hours on top of perks like an on-site gym and cafeteria, GDMS-C clearly sees the value in a healthy work/ life balance.
Pros
Excellent opporunities for advancement
Great work environment
General dynamics Provided a great work environment for my first internship. I learned a lot from experienced managers who were able to help me improve my overall knowledge of the Aerospace industry and systems engineering
Great place to work!
Started at GDMS a month ago and couldn’t be happier!
Management makes their expectations very clear and are very supportive of their staff.

Everyone in my department has been nothing but friendly and helpful and I couldn’t feel more welcomed!

The company really strive to create a good work life balance and there are great services available to staff. Lots of great perks too like on site gym and cafeteria, discounted phone and insurance rates, and the ability to work a compressed schedule!
Pros
Gym, flexible schedules, benefits
Terrible Management
No opportunities for advancement, just more work expected with little or no recognition of efforts. Promises are often broken and no financial support to advance within the company and learn new skills
Pros
Great VP who cares
Cons
No Direct Management
terrible place
terrible place
stressful

no respect

badly managed

not good opportunity for advancement

poor work life balance

too much work for one person

manager lacks focus
Poor pportunities for advancement, poor work-life balance
Workload demands exceed reasonable levels
Expected to do the work of two people.

Toxic work environment.

High stress levels.

Poor opportunities for advancement.

People in positions of authority lack appropriate credentials.
Great place to work if you get in there.
Good work environment, pressure is moderate, diverse work. Management is respectful and appreciating.
However, they'd rather spend money on computers, good monitors, technological equipment and coffee machines instead of new office furniture.
Excellent Work environment
Excellent work environment! Innovative and well balanced.
I love coming to work everyday coworkers are great and managers know their jobs. They are willing to help you advance in your career! This is a place to go for a great career!
Pros
Flexible work ours
Condition de travail
Lassemblage a la chene.

Manipuler avec soin

Environnement de travail productif,fonctionnelle et agréable

Ouvrage tres divers
Pros
Belle condition de travail
Cons
Etre temporaire
Poor management style
Amazing coworkers, poor management involvement for certain managers (more than a few). Only contact you when they need something. Feels very impersonal and rude. Most enjoyable is the people they mass hire. Hardest part is seeing people get mass lay-offs after deadlines. Hardest part of the job is also meeting the ridiculous deadlines without the mass hiring.
Pros
good coworkers
Cons
long hours, little recognition from management
Excellent opprotunity
I really enjoyed my time at this General Dynamics Mission Systems Canada. I had very friendly co workers and liked how flexible the hours were.
Exceptional workplace
I enjoy working for General Dynamics Mission Systems Canada because the work I do is rewarding. The people are kind and supportive of each other.
Pros
Gym
Cons
N/a
Ask a question about working or interviewing at General Dynamics Mission Systems. Our community is ready to answer.
General Dynamics Mission Systems Reviews by Job Title