General Credit Services Inc

General Credit Services Inc Employee Reviews

upper management is awesome, the company likes to treat employees to field trips when preforming well. Not the best salary and hard to make commission due to portfolios they offer. Not a lot of advancement opportunity but great people work for them
Pros
staff, bonus, staff events
Cons
low pay, no room to advance, not the best portfolios
Typical day was busy and nice. Liked working for them. Had to attend to the mail and the counter too. Faxing, attending to mail, distribution of mail. Taking care of clients at the cash counter.
The best part of my day was leaving. The first week of work was great but it went downhill from there. The culture was a place that enabled you to speak your voice upto a point.
Good job with a competitive commission structure, which was the reason that I left. I didn't feel that the commission was achievable because there was such a high target
I worked from home as Regional Manager of Sales. I enjoyed my job. I worded without supervision. All that I worked with at General Credit Services Inc. HO in Vancouver were great to work with. My agreement with General Credit was to work with them for 1 to 2 years after the sale of my business to them. I ended working for them for 3 1/2 years.
The Company has great strategy, tools and best of all, values individual efforts and has multiple support systems to make you better at what we do and it's good to want to go to work. I've been at a handful of collection companies in the past 24 years and know the daily stresses to do what we do to get things done and achieve both work and personal goals. Great people around me on a daily basis. (you spend more time with co-workers then family) This company that educates, encourages, enhances, recognises, has great benefits, listens and responds, I plan to be here for a long while.
full time. Had my own portfolio of debtors to contact and to make payement arrangements in order to be out of collections. Commissions where available when you reach monthly goals.
Very unprofessional supervisors and manager, Lack of ethics while dealing with people.if you do get the job ask to be placed in the Telus department. You must be a favored individual to get advancement, hypocrisy is the order of the day.
this is a horrible place to work...the people that run this company do not care about anyone or anything....work ethics..there are none and they just keep piling the work load with no fairness or renumeration...not a good choice if your looking for employment..this is not the place to be!!
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at General Credit Services Inc?
work for katy amazing supervisor, very good work environment, peter and steve are very supportive and you are heard, i had an amazing experience working for peter.
Miserable working environment. Everyday workflow was completely homogenous and same day to day. There was not much room for career improvement and growth.
Worked at general credit for 2 years, great place, great atmosphere and a fun place to work. Can make very good bonus if you are willing to work and make that clear to management.
Pros
good bonus
Cons
saturday
GCS est une entreprise de collecte situé à Montréal- Crémzie qui regroupe toute personne qui réve de développer ses connaissance et ses compétence dans le domaine de crédit
Some of the best hours for a collection agency you can find. Management will take care of you if you speak up. Only 1 night shift a week. Coworkers are fun to work with. Fairly paid.
Pros
Hours, Coworkers
Working at General Credit for the past year has been an amazing experience. The Management is called to know the agents individually. It makes their advancement and connection with the company stronger. Everyone on the floor is friendly and gets along great - I look forward to coming to work each day.
Nice Management Helps in training Serious atmosphere Amazing learning opportunities Good colleagues No sick leaves No racism and zero tolerance policy
GCSI is a great place to work if you are not concerned about the welfare of mankind. They pay well enough and have great benefits, but the fact is you are calling people and ruining their day every time you speak to them. It is detrimental to the soul, and I would prefer to add value to the lives of others. the management was questionable but has since been resolved. I blossomed as an individual here and made friends that I cherish.
Pros
benefits, life insurance
Cons
have to work a saturday each month and essentially nap . annoying
Poor quality of training Doesn't treat employees well Long hours and undue pressure I was asked not to sit in a relaxed manner and leisurely at my desk by a floor manager.
Pros
Some supportive coworkers
Cons
Everything else
bonne politique de compagnie, salaire avantageux avec des très bon avantage sociaux.
Pros
repas gratuit
Cons
un petit déséquilibre entre travail et vie social.
No advancement until you are very close to the manager. High goals with no incentives, training or help you acheive your goals. Favoritism is culture and yelling on debtors is custom. Very stressful and unprofessional place.
Pros
Free donuts
Cons
Always wants you to do extra hours
I like that no one is allowed to scoop payments because of the 30day rule and only the manager is allowed to transfer files. I like that I get new business every week because we have big clients. There are not to many places to eat so we mostly bring out own lunch.
Pros
I Make Good Commisions