Genatec Inc. Employee Reviews

Belle entreprise , excellent lieu de travail
Directeur service client (Current Employee) –  5929 transcanadienne , st-laurent3 January 2018
Excellente entreprise, excellent endroit pour le travail, ce que j’aime est cette belle ambiance familiale.

Nous sommes bien récompensées pour notre travail, ce qui est très motivant.

Je vous recommande de venir faire un tour, vous allez y rester .
Pros
Famille
Cons
aucun
Respectful people!
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Montreal30 November 2016
Pleasant environment where communication is easy and employees have respect for each other. All work together helping one another achieve the same goal. Employee efforts and hard work are always appreciated and nicely rewarded!
It is very easy to find negative points wherever we go, but one of Genatec's strengths is finding the positive in everyone in order to advance together!
Energetic Workplace
IT Consultant (Current Employee) –  Montreal-nord, QC29 November 2016
I an enjoying working there. The work space is welcoming and the management is good.
My coworkers are wonderful, we always help each other out either. . The most fun part of the job is definitely the team work, given the fact that we all worked at close proximity with our colleagues, allowing for a good social dynamic to build up.
Management is very close and cooperative , no issues at all
Pros
Team Spirit
Cons
One of the best enviroment to work
Tech Support Agent (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC29 November 2016
I worked in many company before around the world, nothing is close to Genatec here we are all family working together.

I am working here for many years and I 've no intention to change.
Pros
All that you can imagine
Cons
nothing
Character Matters
Director of Business Solutions (Current Employee) –  St Laurent, QC29 November 2016
Though I normally don't post reviews on various sites I find myself needing to comment since I've noticed that negativity is often the primary motivation for individuals to post reviews.

In this case Genatec is a far cry from some of the negative comments I've seen. My perspective is one from over 14 years at this IT / Consultant firm. For starters staying long term at one place in this type of industry is unheard of and we have countless employees that have been here 10+ years.

The common threads are skills and character. Though Genatec expects a basic skill set on the onset, it recognizes that skills can be thought via training and shadowing. What cannot be trained or changed is character and that is a major factor in Genatec's decision making on whether to hold on to new hires.

Rest assured that the right mix of skill and personality make for a long term commitment from Genatec...and from its existing employee base I would say the commitment happily goes both ways.
Pros
Work environment, salary, professional growth
Team Spirit
Technician (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC28 November 2016
One thing I can say about GENATEC, it is a great place to work at. I have been given a great opportunity to work with that team, and I do not regret one day doing it. You can always count on your colleagues to hep and guide you, no one keeps his knowledge to himself, and everything is shared among the team. You do not need to ask for anything, they will make sure you advance, and will make sure that any training and certification you require is provided. They are flexible and understanding to your needs. If you are a team player, you will fit in there, easily. Great environment to work in!
Pros
Great team players
Cons
None!
Like Family
Technician (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC24 November 2016
Nothing has been better than working at Genatec. The entire group works together as 1 team and it really shows. From the management team to individual members everyone makes an effort for each other. In terms of allowances for personal time, work in IT can be difficult but not at Genatec. I've never seen a more accommodating company. The owner makes it his mission to make sure each employee receives what they deserve (and sometime more!) and is beyond loyal to all that work for him. The caring attitude he shows us also lends to how he wants us to treat his clients and make sure they are well maintained.
Pros
Great team environment, wages and benefits, flexible
Cons
None!
Small and homy
Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Montreal, QC, Canada7 July 2016
It's like a home, small, friendly, comfortable with good healthcare.

A bit inefficient in management, short vacation, low salary
Pros
friendly, good healthcare
Cons
short vacation, low salary
Great work experience and environment
Director of IT Operations (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 November 2014
I've seen some other posts for uninformed people, people who were in and out in the same week because the owner saw right away they were not good people to work with Genatec. Genatec has build a reputation with its clients that we care. I remember these other individuals and they couldn't care about anyone but themselves. We are in the business of service and that is key to providing excellent support. I've been here for 14 years and couldn't be happier. Owner is always honest with people and direct. Employees work together and also spend time off hours because we all enjoy being with each other.
Help-Desk Support - internship (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 February 2014
They lost my time and a good worker. I was ready to give them all my energy, and I did it.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Bad management
Cheaters
Senior IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Montreal, QC30 May 2013
At the time I applied to the position they advertised and I was invited for an interview. After exposing all my qualifications and experience, the owner asked me to wait a few seconds in his office until he was going to bring the VP and the Tech Support Manager into the room.
When these 2 persons joined us, after asking me a couple of questions each, they were apparently very impressed and expressed their intentions clearly that they would like to work with me for a couple of projects as a contractor (and get paid) before making an offer for the permanent role. I agreed to the procedure, it seemed fair to me. So here I am showing up at various locations in Down-Town Montreal for those projects. Aside from me, the project manager and the IT manager, there were a lot of other people unknown to me showing up at these companies. At first, I was a little afraid to pop a question to one of them and ask what was their purpose on the premises. The second day I spoke to one of them and found out they were all candidates for the same position.
Really?!?!
I have heard before about companies doing their business with candidates in training and then firing them (cheap labor) but I never imagined I'd be involved in such process myself...
After 30 hours of such work done, I went back to my things waiting for them to take a decision as promised. I was supposed to get paid afterwards somehow, that was never discussed in the interview or after.
When 2 weeks had passed, I sent an e-mail to the project manager asking if they reached a decision yet. I received a reply saying that "we decided
  more... to stop the hiring procedure for the moment".
When I replied back with my invoice for those 30 worked hours, the owner sent me a message saying that he simply refuses to pay for something he never agreed for.
That was by far the worst work experience I have ever had not to mention the insult brought to my intellect, field experience and professionalism.
My advice is to stay away from this company!
Pros
Cons
All desccribed in review
Deplorable work environment
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Montreal, Quebec25 March 2013
If you want to suffer the worst time of your career then Genatec is your company. The owner is like your average car salesman making tons of false promises. He will not give you an employment contract until after he hires you so that he can lock you in. They do not pay for sick days and any day you don't come in is docked and you only get 30 minutes lunch.

They claim to have benefits but it is very limited. Training and shadowing is non existent. I started my job and the manager was nowhere to be found. I was expected to learn everything via computer training with zero guidelines as to what i was expected to deliver. There is a huge lack of communication and they expect you to mind read their thoughts.

I was let go after a week working there but the owner and manager were nothing but cowards and had the VP let me go, who was the only decent person at the company. They were not even in the office when I was called in.

They said I was abrasive to other coworkers and not willing to work with anyone. That is funny as the Manager himself swore like a sailor during meetings and gave me absolutely no feedback as to my work expectations.

To add insult to injury, they must have over 30 cameras installed inside and outside of the office. The owner and one of his employees constantly watch what you are doing and record you. I have heard as well they install this product called SpectorSoft where they monitor exactly what you are doing on the computer as well.

If this kind of stuff toots your horn, then this is the place to be.
Pros
not one that i can think of
Cons
all of the items mentioned below.