Gemma Communications Employee Reviews

Good team leaders
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 April 2018
Had a Great team leader, for over 8 years. Enjoyed his team leading through many campaignes. Environment was shabby and a bit disorganized, company changed hands a couple of times.
Pros
Good team leaders
Cons
Went bankrupt
Fun place to work .
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  North York, ON26 April 2018
I enjoyed working at Gemma communications . It was a healthy work environment for the most part and my direct supervisor was great . The salary and benefits were also good and I created many relationships that I still hold . Had the management not changed I would have remained with this company .
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
New management was poor
Typical call center
Outgoing Call Quality Control Manager (Former Employee) –  York, ON17 April 2018
Everyone seemed to be there for the paycheck. Come in, do your job, and leave. There was no excitement, no incentive package, no real advancement opportunities.
Cons
stagnation
Good Place
Licensed agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 March 2018
Good place to work enjoyed my time there immensely. At times there was a heavy work load. Overall it was nice at the time. A typical day began early..
great co workers
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  toronto12 March 2018
I worked at Gemma for less than half a year. Had a great TL and kind co workers. Awesome teamwork! every month we received perks like gift cards and free lunch monthly if we reach our quota
Pros
free coffee and water
Cons
too far from where I live
Outbound Sales Agent (Telesales)
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  North York, ON26 February 2018
Had an excellent learning experience working in Gemma, had a lot of learning,enjoyed each and every bit of my duties / responsibilities.
Will certainly miss the place always as I have very good memories in this workplace.
Some of the coworkers were really nice to work with, got many friends, team lead was a very nice and sweet person, it was a pleasure working with her.
However, what I feel is there is a lot of gap yet to be filled in the Organisation. Management should invest a bit towards implementing some training programs for the TLs in terms of retention of best of their employees who can be a consistent asset to the system. High attrition is not just for low pay but also for the unprofessionalism potrayed on the floor. Sometimes it doesn’t look as if we are in office, looks we are in a market place....the floor becomes so noisy! A lot of drama of some employees are tolerated on the floor which again affects business.
Team Leads should be definitely educated about the importance of some of the HR aspects like Grievance handling, Employee Retention, People Management, etc as I feel HR training programs are as important as a Compliance training program because it is the employees who can make or break an Organization!
All in all I feel Gemma is doing a great job, just that the complacent management which is in place at present should be much more ambitious to excel in global competition.
Pros
Lot of learning opportunity, ideal place to start your career if you are a fresher or a newcomer to Canada
Cons
Pay, Lack of respect, Unprofessional management style, drama on the floor
Good Professional Atmoshphere
Programmer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 February 2018
Got an opportunity to learn many things
Very supportive team mates
Flexible hours
People are very nice and fun to work with treats you like family and are very helpful
friendly and professionally fast expending company
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 January 2018
I learned how to ensure that customer is satisfied with the product and service that company is providing. helping customer by answering all their questions regarding the service or product.
Fast Paced Environment
Inbound/Outbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 January 2018
Working at Gemma enhanced my communication skills. It allowed me to become more confident in my customer service experience! I enjoyed working there because every day was different.
up beat place to work with room for advancement
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  North York, ON8 January 2018
very happy environment with lots of team building and coaching for customer service representatives to build confidence for inbound and outbound calls
Pros
located in a mall
Cons
must be a little pushy
job
Sales/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 January 2018
wasn't the best company to work for very stressful invornment peoplearent the nicest and don't really have conversations another company that you wouldn't
Pros
job
Cons
hours
excellent life
Technical Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC3 January 2018
Career development
4 out of 5
Work life balance
Working environment
Benefits & perks
Diversity & equal opportunity
An exicting day at gemma communications.
Assist customers (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 December 2017
A typical day at Gemma communications would be mostly receiving inbound calls from clients about information on their phone plans and addressing any issues they have with the service,while providing great customer service dealing with any discrepancies.I learned there is only one thing only is to let go of any hard feelings and continue doing your job professionally at all times because of the a volume of irritated customers.Management was really helpful when it came to questions and if any workers had any issues , team management was really knowledgeable. I would say the hardest part of the job was addressing issues in a timely fashion when it came to high call volumes and for me I loved the constant problem solving because each call was a new challenge .
Pros
always proliferating with different issues hands on experience.
Cons
small confined space
EXCELLENT place to work if this is your thing. Cannot complain.
Inbound Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 November 2017
I was an Inbound Sales Representative at this company and loved it. If you enjoy talking with people and have a flair for technology and communication, this IS YOUR place.

Was trained by Sonu Bal (9/10, deducting 1 point for keeping a shoe exhibition in the training room). Team Leader was Clancy (10/10) and was very upfront and direct with any issues I was facing.

Nice supportive environment.
Pros
Nice environment, good paid training, excellent equipment and team leaders.
Cons
None.
Le travail consiste à aborder les potenciels clients et leurs présenter nos produits
Agente de service la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 November 2017
Horaires flexible, belle ambiance, travail en équipe

recevoir les demandes de clients, répondre aux questions sur les produits vendus à ses dernier. leurs portés assistance sur le fonctionnement du produit et les avantages que celui-ci procure aux détenteurs.
Pros
les bonus, si le rendement excel les attentes du superviseur
Cons
la compétition sur le plancher
Well established contact centre
Team Leader - Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 November 2017
Company promotes from within - Good
Good entry level company, providing good experience in contact centre management.
Equipment provided to agents is generally old.
Very stressful enviornment to work in
CSR/Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 October 2017
We handled incoming and outgoing calls. We were a Third-Party Company to the other companies we called on behalf of selling goods and services to customers.

We had to make approximately 5-ten sales a day by maintained sales quota for the day calling 100 or more customers a day.It was a busy enviornment with 40 hours a week and more overtime hours in the beginning years of working.

Towards the end of the job my hours were less than 20 hours.week. I ended up getting laid off.
Pros
bonuses for reaching sales quotas in the beginning of years when employed
Cons
Not enough hours
Good Start
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 October 2017
Gemma is a good place to start for new comers, graduates waiting to start their career and someone who just need a job. Great results will come from great efforts.
Call center environment
Quality Assurance Monitor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 September 2017
This was a fun place to work. We worked together as a team to execute different expectations from the client. I met a lot of people and their different cultures.
sales
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 September 2017
this job was great! But it in all honest it needed better management. It lacked authority and organization.. I was so proud to work for this company....but i was better than this.