Gemini Machine Works Inc

Gemini Machine Works Inc Employee Reviews

Canada12 reviews
Good people to work with management was ok but work dried up fast and most of the workers were laid off. Not the most secure job but what job is. Ok if your looking for temporary work.
Pros
Wifi, weekend shift
Cons
No security
Performing a separate task
I learned the gouging process

Management is good

Culture is normal

High temperature job

Satisfaction job well done
Ran into the ground for close to nothing. Management liked to micro manage but had no idea how to do jobs. One person in particular would always try have motivational speeches that left you wanting to kick the guy in the divk. Cameras throughout the shop to watch workers but nothing to watch their equipment that gets stolen from the yard. The person who hired me is a pretty awesome dude though. I stayed for the length I did because of the guys on the floor.
Short Cummings in management gets sent down and blamed (wrongfully) on anyone lower. Jobs not quotes for success. Barely a safety program. Problems (with possible solutions) brought to management not handled.
To start off, i was a cnc machinist, there is no organized tooling, they do not buy tooling you need unless you NEED it, I myself didnt have a problem with management other than, them calling meetings on (your time) breaks i.e; coffee breaks, minimum instruction on how to do jobs, you were just handed a drawing, machine, material.
I was told they were steadly growing at the interview , and was laid off due to work in less theb 3 months the other machinists were great people tho
The manager and the foreman just give you the drawing and material to you and you have to get the job done. And they hardly buy tools and sometimes it takes them forever to get the tools needed for the jobs. All they want is getting job done, but they don’t even want to buy tool. Second thing is the foreman, the way he talks very rude and don’t care about you. The managers always point the finger around and never admit they are wrong.
It is not good place to work.You are only seen as a tool for production with no respect in most cases and it is the most chaotic place I have even seen. What was trebling the most was scarceness of the tools you use to operate the machine. While they want you produce clean parts and fast, you will stay without tools for days, sometimes weeks. That place I was working in, was not managed properly, the least to say.
Absolute hole. Propane bottles in middle of shop unsecured. Completely unorganized, faulty equipment, silica sand all over the place. Used to be a blast shop so the entire yard is 3 feet of silica sand, cameras watching you in the shop. Safety rep is a doorknob. Don't take a job here.
Cons
Hired on as an experienced B welder, no extension cords or welding cables, unorganized, classic sweat shop, they figure overhead jack hammering all day is pressure welder work, doing daily reports after paid hours ya no thanks, lunch room had holes in the roof with rain falling on my bag and table. Sketchy workers. Definitely don’t waste your time. EI is better than employment there in my opinion.
A typical day starts off with morning meetings, this is where we're all assigned duties for the day. The company didn't have enough instrument for some jobs when I first started there, but now they have
adequate instruments to do the job properly.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Gemini Machine Works Inc?
Too many privilege people there who are friends of the owner or Management, that screw decision making and you have to tip toe around.
Management constantly fight with each others while the employees get caught in the middle.

Too many Finger pointing and no one wants to be accountable.

If the company were to let each department just do their job(s) as intended, less bickering with each other, maybe be a good company to work for.

Gemini is a company take all kinds of new projects and repairs,

which offers many diverse type of work. Great for learning and experience.
Pros
Hours
Cons
No direction with Management, constant bickering amongst themselves.
they dont teach you any skills and expect you to do a perfect job.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gemini Machine Works Inc. Our community is ready to answer.
2.1