GEM Health Care

GEM Health Care Employee Reviews

Canada43 reviews
Great company to work with, hours are flexible. You are able to pick up as many shifts with whatever works with your schedule and flexibility. Supervisors and managers are kind, understanding and very helpful. Majority of job sites are with the Geriatric community.
Enjoyed working there. The hours of business were acceptable. Did not have any major problems. Any serious person would do well there. Great work experience
Understaffed & overworked. We have fun but won't stand for people who aren't there to work. Some might consider this bullying but its NOT. Good place to work.
Fantastic residents and mostly very compassionate carers HOWEVER there is a lot of employee bullying which is tolerated and not dealt with. A fast turnover of staff because of this. Preferential treatment is obvious. In my 2 years with the company I witnessed at least 4 people leave because of this issue.
Everyone here is kind and fair. They treat you well, work is available. Pay is decent, you get paid more when job location is further away. Mostly assisted living facilities.
Pros
Work is different every day; develops your understanding of many systems.
Management has no interest in development of employee relations. They lie, and accept lies from poor workers and generally foster poor behavior and deceitful practices. Employee turnover is about 100% per year. If you enjoyed Junior High school behavior , you will do well. I would not recommend working for GEM in the HRM area , its no place for grownups. Most of the employees are older hands who will take any abuse, just so they can look after their residents, who they feel would suffer if they left.
Friendly staff and good working environment.

Currently looking for a more stable position, hopefully at a hospital where i will be able to help more people on a daily basis.
understanding staff and caring people always there to listen and give a helping hand can always go to them when there is a problem they will always help you threw a situations
Not bad place but you're being watched on camera .Beware not comfortable with that . And you're being mandated to work double shifts and give meds to two floors
Pros
Residents
Cons
mandated, watched on camera
Good place to start up your career, and why not your hard work will earn you a place to grow at gem.It is a nice place and the staff are very helpful and collaborating to get the work done.
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
Not bad hours
My day-to-day was never the same. At the beginning of the week, I would process payrolls. At the end of the week, I would do the payroll liabilities. I learned how to handle work pressure. Everyone was kind and helpful.
not so challenging but always busy on the job, I mostly worked nights or over nights which were more calm then the day. I enjoyed working here fulfilling the needs of the patients.
The management at GEM healthcare services is friendly. At GEM you don't actually work at the GEM office, you are deployed to assisted living homes where you work.
Great staff and faithful to accommodate your needs. From the day I started they have giving me many opportunity to work in steady places. Satisfactory.
Pros
Lots of jobs
Cons
Can be far
A lot of bullying both from management and the other staff. You can tell a lot of the staff didn't enjoy their job - it made it hard for anyone else to enjoy their work as well.
Working environment was peacefully,enjoyable, management appreciate and respect staff member working for them. Management work along with staff update
It was my favoret place to work. I found that the clients were so nice. Work to day is ok . Sometimes i found it good. At the last part of my work was not enough work. Due to change in the health sector.
Provided a good stable client and supported me well during my tenure there. I was not qualified at the time but they provided duties that were within my job as a sitter.
Pros
Good support
Cons
None, I became more qualified and moved on
I have no further review at this time. I have worked here for 7 years and enjoy the facility. I have worked through all aspects of nursing here and have felt supported in my positions. The staff are wonderful and the residents are amazing.
Busy, face paced fun environment.GEM realizes that from housekeeping to administering medication, our staff is both the foundation and the face of our business. GEM knows that their staff are individuals who make them who they are, so they focus on hiring those who complement their mission best.
Typically the work-place is exciting and conducive to upgrade one self. It allows for one to develop his/her ability in the work environment. However, there is room for improvement.