Gelderman Landscape Services

Gelderman Landscape Services Work-life balance reviews

Canada24 reviews

Clear
3.5Pay & benefits

Family like atmosphere; everyone helps to achieve common goal.

Easily one of the best places I've worked in this industry. The positive 'Can Do' attitude fostered by upper management is a great motivation tool, even on the hardest days.Working with people who are just as interested in you and your family as they are your work achievements.Nice bonuses shared throughout the company along with recognition of your efforts offering fun team building events and summer monthly BBQ's.Stands out on it's own in this industry as a place to work, grow and develop within the company.

Pros

Summer BBQ's

Cons

Long hours offset by bonuses and credit given for input of work.

Forward Thinking Landscape Company

Excellent place to learn and grow. Lots of potential to advance and grow in supportive environment. Year round employment with health benefits and RRSP contributions.

Pros

Company culture or care and nurturing of staff

Excellent!

Joining Gelderman was the best choice I ever made. Excellent people and team environment, going on 2 years and couldn't be happier!!Lucky to work with and surrounded by like minded people.

Pros

Team environment, great pay!

Cons

None!!

productive workpace were some great enthusuatic employees

- generally doing new things every day to complete landscape projects that range from 1 afternoon - 5 months. - management does their best to place you on a crew with employees you have things in common with. - great daily exercise, but wears and tears the body if you aren't prepared for the labour work. - overall a great job if you love the outdoors and working in the hot summer sun!

Pros

monthly free dinners on site or at the Gelderman yard

Cons

long hours / potentially working in the rain

I would like to say not bad but not good enough

They push to get the job done which is not bad but for two guys to do a big job it is impossible I give them that and that is why they don't have much worker sorry for this but it is true

AMAZING place to work!!

Gelderman has been a great company to work for as you can expect competitive pay for the industry, and a work environment that is respectful and enjoyable. If you work hard you will be rewarded with bonuses, promotions, and raises. Pay is based on experience so there is definitely an opportunity to get raises. Management has always been very respectful towards employees and are never condescending or rude, and will get you to train on new equipment that you don’t know so that you can advance your skills. Higher up management like the owner of the company is also involved and takes time to meet employees so there is definitely a team mentality and you feel valued no matter what your level in the company. Definitely a company that I would recommend to others as an awesome place to work!

Pros

4 Day weeks all summer, Great work culture

Not to be a trusted company

Worked here for two years, was promised various different things from moving up in the company, performance based raise, training for certificates and training purposes. None of that came to completion. Once a person starts making more money, you become expendable and too expensive. They will lie to you about moving up in the company. You should buy into our team culture, but they don't have a team mentality at all. Issues are never dealt with professionally or appropriately. I would not recommend this company to work for, or recommend for customers looking for a company to maintain their property.

Poor managment and leadership

I was here for two years they promised a lot of growth within the company. They seemed like a great company to start with, but then realized it was totally different. Unfilled promises, they could let go someone before they were to pay them their bonuses. Double standard with behaviour within crew leaders and crew members. HR is very rude and unprofessional. Watch out because HR doesn't have your back as an employee, will miscommunicate to management about issues. Only has the company in mind and not the employees that serious issues that need to be resolved. That's why this company has poor management and leadership to move forward. Zero to no benefits for full time employees. Anyone who wants a serious job/career in the landscape industry do not apply here.

Best job i've had

Pay is competitive, good hours in the summer months. 4 day work weeks with overtime if you want it. friendly staff. staff appreciation events. always growing. always look for innovative ways to do things. up to date with technology. Fun and friendly work environment. would highly recommend to someone looking for a new start.

Pros

staff appreciation events

Cons

winter hours can be tough but pay is better than most

grumpy staff

the staff if grumpy and stand off like. the compensation is less than a typical landscape company and they do not offer any over time although you work overtime often.

Growing company; always looking for ways to improve

I was hired in the last 18 months. There are a lot of managers but that has helped me know what to do. A pretty big company but I have good time with the people that I work with. They show their appreciation when I do what is best for our clients. Head office folks are open to new ideas. The pay is good. Benefits are OK...at least they have something.

Pros

Referral bonus for helping bring other people to the company, year round work.

Days work

Never knew start or finish times Long long hours Too many bosses you never knew who was in charge from day to day Enjoyed working outside in the summer The insentive in winter was good

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gelderman Landscape Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Gelderman Landscape Services