Gelderman Landscape Services

Gelderman Landscape Services Pay & Benefits reviews

grumpy staff
the staff if grumpy and stand off like. the compensation is less than a typical landscape company and they do not offer any over time although you work overtime often.
I've worked for a handful of landscaping companies and Gelderman is the best of the bunch. Management is excellent...very accessible and easy to talk to. Co-workers are friendly, professional and good at their jobs. Pay is better than average, with excellent incentives (hourly winter premium of up to $6/hr; end of winter bonus; profit sharing). They pay OT (time-and-a-half) for any work over 44 hours in a week, which is rare in landscaping. Four day work week during the summer -- with the option of overtime if you want it -- is quite nice.
AMAZING place to work!!
Gelderman has been a great company to work for as you can expect competitive pay for the industry, and a work environment that is respectful and enjoyable.
If you work hard you will be rewarded with bonuses, promotions, and raises. Pay is based on experience so there is definitely an opportunity to get raises.

Management has always been very respectful towards employees and are never condescending or rude, and will get you to train on new equipment that you don’t know so that you can advance your skills.

Higher up management like the owner of the company is also involved and takes time to meet employees so there is definitely a team mentality and you feel valued no matter what your level in the company.

Definitely a company that I would recommend to others as an awesome place to work!
Pros
4 Day weeks all summer, Great work culture
Not to be a trusted company
Worked here for two years, was promised various different things from moving up in the company, performance based raise, training for certificates and training purposes. None of that came to completion. Once a person starts making more money, you become expendable and too expensive. They will lie to you about moving up in the company. You should buy into our team culture, but they don't have a team mentality at all. Issues are never dealt with professionally or appropriately. I would not recommend this company to work for, or recommend for customers looking for a company to maintain their property.
Poor managment and leadership
I was here for two years they promised a lot of growth within the company. They seemed like a great company to start with, but then realized it was totally different. Unfilled promises, they could let go someone before they were to pay them their bonuses. Double standard with behaviour within crew leaders and crew members. HR is very rude and unprofessional. Watch out because HR doesn't have your back as an employee, will miscommunicate to management about issues. Only has the company in mind and not the employees that serious issues that need to be resolved. That's why this company has poor management and leadership to move forward. Zero to no benefits for full time employees. Anyone who wants a serious job/career in the landscape industry do not apply here.
Bad attitude workers.
The complaining never stops. “Why does this guy make more than me when we’re doing the same job”
Too many employees think they’re the boss.

Hours cut back so there’s no over time unless you want to drive 1 hr to another city.

Other companies pay the same with no games with your pay check/hours.
Growing company; always looking for ways to improve
I was hired in the last 18 months. There are a lot of managers but that has helped me know what to do. A pretty big company but I have good time with the people that I work with. They show their appreciation when I do what is best for our clients. Head office folks are open to new ideas. The pay is good. Benefits are OK...at least they have something.
Pros
Referral bonus for helping bring other people to the company, year round work.