Gelderman Landscape Services

Gelderman Landscape Services Employee Reviews in Waterdown, ON

Waterdown, ON13 reviews

Good company culture, leader in the industry

Overall, Gelderman is a really good place to work. There are opportunities to move up in your division if you're willing to work hard, the company recognizes and rewards good employees for their hard work. They invest in great trucks and equipment. The work is very demanding (goes with the industry) so it's not for everyone. Upper management does not seem to listen to or receive feedback from employees and I think this is to their detriment. There is a disconnect between upper management and crew member staff that should be resolved. Gelderman does offer good benefits and salary options for long term employees (health benefits, RRSP, salary). They also pay overtime and holiday pay that you don't usually get in landscaping, which is a bonus.

Ok place to work, management is brutal

I have nothing positive to say , the trucks are ok , management is ok, they don't pay the industry standard for people to actually make a decent living.

Pros

New equipment and they just buy or rent what you need

Cons

They don't pay the industry standard to make a decent living

Insights into Gelderman Landscape Services

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Supportive environment
  • Ability to learn new things

Great place to grow!... Or cut

Great place to work paid well and the management are great would recommend this job to anyone wanting to get into or have experience in landscaping or construction.

Fun place to work.

Geldermans is a great company to work for. It is genuinely like one big family. Everyone takes care of each other and all levels of staff come together and work as a team. They invest in their staff and their equipment. Lots of new and high end products are constantly coming in and making our jobs easier. Human resources and my branch manager production manager are so helpful and very approachable whenever I need them.

Pros

Approachable management

Cons

Weather elements

Exciting, Fast-paced Team Environment - Highly Rewarding

Gelderman Landscape Services is a great place to work. A team environment where we all work together to produce amazing results for our clients. A strong family atmosphere and supportive colleagues helps to overcome the daily challenges.

Pros

Team Environment, Progressive, Supportive

Forward Thinking Landscape Company

Excellent place to learn and grow. Lots of potential to advance and grow in supportive environment. Year round employment with health benefits and RRSP contributions.

Pros

Company culture or care and nurturing of staff

Fast paced and fun work environment

Gelderman is a very relaxed work environment, fast pace. Management is excellent, everyone is super friendly and make you feel welcomed. I enjoy coming to work everyday!

Pros

Relaxed, Fun, Friendly Staff

Family like atmosphere; everyone helps to achieve common goal.

Easily one of the best places I've worked in this industry. The positive 'Can Do' attitude fostered by upper management is a great motivation tool, even on the hardest days.Working with people who are just as interested in you and your family as they are your work achievements.Nice bonuses shared throughout the company along with recognition of your efforts offering fun team building events and summer monthly BBQ's.Stands out on it's own in this industry as a place to work, grow and develop within the company.

Pros

Summer BBQ's

Cons

Long hours offset by bonuses and credit given for input of work.

Excellent!

Joining Gelderman was the best choice I ever made. Excellent people and team environment, going on 2 years and couldn't be happier!!Lucky to work with and surrounded by like minded people.

Pros

Team environment, great pay!

Cons

None!!

Good work life balance

Option of working from home. Managers are willing to help and take the time to answer your questions or concerns. Monthly summer BBQs are a great way to see other employees! (prior to Covid)

productive workpace were some great enthusuatic employees

- generally doing new things every day to complete landscape projects that range from 1 afternoon - 5 months. - management does their best to place you on a crew with employees you have things in common with. - great daily exercise, but wears and tears the body if you aren't prepared for the labour work. - overall a great job if you love the outdoors and working in the hot summer sun!

Pros

monthly free dinners on site or at the Gelderman yard

Cons

long hours / potentially working in the rain

I would like to say not bad but not good enough

They push to get the job done which is not bad but for two guys to do a big job it is impossible I give them that and that is why they don't have much worker sorry for this but it is true

grumpy staff

the staff if grumpy and stand off like. the compensation is less than a typical landscape company and they do not offer any over time although you work overtime often.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gelderman Landscape Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement