Gelderman Landscape Services
Happiness score is 74 out of 100

Gelderman Landscape Services Employee Reviews

Canada32 reviews

companymanagementgreatworktimejobemployeegelderman

It will be good for those who are in good physical shape and hardy

Not bad pay, friendly team, management makes concessions and listens to your requirements and desires. New equipment and vehicles.Good for working out.

Pros

good hourly pay, new equipment, management

Cons

too physically exhausting work, not suitable for everyone; there is not always work and few working hours.

productive and respectful place to work

I well rounded work environment for various levels of experience. safety is of utmost importance and is always a respectful workplace. Employees concerns are listened to and recommendations are sometimes put into action. I always enjoyed the co workers and upper management I worked with. I looked forward to going to work everyday. a great place to hone your skills.

Pros

great place to learn the corporate ladder.

Cons

communication is weak at times from upper managment to the workers.

Insights into Gelderman Landscape Services

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Supportive environment
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Time and location flexibility

Positive work environment

I have worked a number of landscape companies and this is by far the best. Well organized, well managed. Good team, good equipment that is well maintained. Customers are great and appreciate the work we do.

Pros

A number of perks to the job

Cons

Uniform costs not covered by employer.

Best move I've made!

Joining Gelderman was the best move I've made! There is a big focus on staff development and growth and they will help you to achieve your goals to get you where you want to be. There is a lot of comradery within the crews and it's fun to come to work. They offer a lot to the staff including guaranteed hours programs, RRSPS, health benefits, bonuses, overtime pay (which is rare in this industry) and a ton of employee events like BBQs. Wages are good, especially with the overtime, and more than competitive to other landscape companies. The hardest part of the job can be working in the elements, so you do have to enjoy the outdoors and the changing weather. Management is definitely reasonable and they listen to concerns and care for the team. I'd recommend working here to anyone!

No bad

No bad work for them the only problem it’s guelp branch you working by your self when you have problems you need to fix your self other then that everything good

Productive and fun workplace with a good group of people.

Good work and a good group of people.Solid work environment, feels like everyone is part of the work community. Management is easy to talk to. People here care about the work they do.

Pros

Company provided transportation

Cons

Good company culture, leader in the industry

Overall, Gelderman is a really good place to work. There are opportunities to move up in your division if you're willing to work hard, the company recognizes and rewards good employees for their hard work. They invest in great trucks and equipment. The work is very demanding (goes with the industry) so it's not for everyone. Upper management does not seem to listen to or receive feedback from employees and I think this is to their detriment. There is a disconnect between upper management and crew member staff that should be resolved. Gelderman does offer good benefits and salary options for long term employees (health benefits, RRSP, salary). They also pay overtime and holiday pay that you don't usually get in landscaping, which is a bonus.

Ok place to work, management is brutal

I have nothing positive to say , the trucks are ok , management is ok, they don't pay the industry standard for people to actually make a decent living.

Pros

New equipment and they just buy or rent what you need

Cons

They don't pay the industry standard to make a decent living

Great place to grow!... Or cut

Great place to work paid well and the management are great would recommend this job to anyone wanting to get into or have experience in landscaping or construction.

Fun place to work.

Geldermans is a great company to work for. It is genuinely like one big family. Everyone takes care of each other and all levels of staff come together and work as a team. They invest in their staff and their equipment. Lots of new and high end products are constantly coming in and making our jobs easier. Human resources and my branch manager production manager are so helpful and very approachable whenever I need them.

Pros

Approachable management

Cons

Weather elements

Exciting, Fast-paced Team Environment - Highly Rewarding

Gelderman Landscape Services is a great place to work. A team environment where we all work together to produce amazing results for our clients. A strong family atmosphere and supportive colleagues helps to overcome the daily challenges.

Pros

Team Environment, Progressive, Supportive

Forward Thinking Landscape Company

Excellent place to learn and grow. Lots of potential to advance and grow in supportive environment. Year round employment with health benefits and RRSP contributions.

Pros

Company culture or care and nurturing of staff

Fast paced and fun work environment

Gelderman is a very relaxed work environment, fast pace. Management is excellent, everyone is super friendly and make you feel welcomed. I enjoy coming to work everyday!

Pros

Relaxed, Fun, Friendly Staff

Family like atmosphere; everyone helps to achieve common goal.

Easily one of the best places I've worked in this industry. The positive 'Can Do' attitude fostered by upper management is a great motivation tool, even on the hardest days.Working with people who are just as interested in you and your family as they are your work achievements.Nice bonuses shared throughout the company along with recognition of your efforts offering fun team building events and summer monthly BBQ's.Stands out on it's own in this industry as a place to work, grow and develop within the company.

Pros

Summer BBQ's

Cons

Long hours offset by bonuses and credit given for input of work.

Excellent!

Joining Gelderman was the best choice I ever made. Excellent people and team environment, going on 2 years and couldn't be happier!!Lucky to work with and surrounded by like minded people.

Pros

Team environment, great pay!

Cons

None!!

Good work life balance

Option of working from home. Managers are willing to help and take the time to answer your questions or concerns. Monthly summer BBQs are a great way to see other employees! (prior to Covid)

productive workpace were some great enthusuatic employees

- generally doing new things every day to complete landscape projects that range from 1 afternoon - 5 months. - management does their best to place you on a crew with employees you have things in common with. - great daily exercise, but wears and tears the body if you aren't prepared for the labour work. - overall a great job if you love the outdoors and working in the hot summer sun!

Pros

monthly free dinners on site or at the Gelderman yard

Cons

long hours / potentially working in the rain

I would like to say not bad but not good enough

They push to get the job done which is not bad but for two guys to do a big job it is impossible I give them that and that is why they don't have much worker sorry for this but it is true

productive and fun workplace with a great environment

they provide a variety of quality services and strive to always get the job done right. they always ensure that all employees are well taken care of by providing 4 day weeks with optional over time, on hot days they provide water and once a month there is usually a bbq at the end of the day. in general due to the kind and welcoming nature of the company most if not all employees are dedicated to working hard and doing the best job they can.

I've worked for a handful of landscaping companies and Gelderman is the best of the bunch. Management is excellent...very accessible and easy to talk to. Co-workers are friendly, professional and good at their jobs. Pay is better than average, with excellent incentives (hourly winter premium of up to $6/hr; end of winter bonus; profit sharing). They pay OT (time-and-a-half) for any work over 44 hours in a week, which is rare in landscaping. Four day work week during the summer -- with the option of overtime if you want it -- is quite nice.

Great job and great work environment

Gelderman cares about employees and you can tell because they pay well and do a lot of safety training when you’re first hired before you start working. They’re very focused on safety and team work. You have to be in decent shape for this job but that’s normal for this indsutry. If you like working outside and want 3 day weekends then it’s a perfect job.

Pros

Focused on safety

Cons

Have to be in shape

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gelderman Landscape Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement